War in Ukraine

I trillion dollars in debt interest each year.

1/4 of taxes collected go to just paying the INTEREST in our debt.

we have to stop spending everywhere. and the first place that should be cut is foreign aid.

Just like I told McDad, with his unimpeachable fiscal principles, not helping Ukraine, will not lower the deficit. Not by a single dollar, nor will it suddenly cause deficit budgeting by the federal government to cease.

You can wax poetic about how we need to cut all spending, "live within our means" etc etc and cut all aid to Ukraine, and all that would be accomplished is that you'd be handing millions of Ukrainians to Russia to suffer occupation.

Deficit budgeting will continue, and money that would have been spent on weapons to aid Ukraine will be spent on something else.

If it's something you like, you won't complain, and you'll move on to complaining about some other federal expenditure, while your political party of choice continues deficit budgeting.

Rinse, repeat...

I don't want my kids or grandkids to go through the consequences. From what I understand of collapsed economies via hyperinflated currency, it isn't fun. But my grandparents managed the great depression. I guess my heirs can manage the great inflation.

I'm afraid either our grandkids, definitely our great grandkids will experience it.

Reactions: McDad and LSU-SIU
I don't want my kids or grandkids to go through the consequences. From what I understand of collapsed economies via hyperinflated currency, it isn't fun. But my grandparents managed the great depression. I guess my heirs can manage the great inflation.

Its the great deflation one has to worry about, the implosion. With just in time supply and production, international trade, no family farms, and huge reliance on the welfare state... its hard to imagine it working out as well as back then. Someone is going to have to pay the price, I can only hope it won't be me but I guess that is kind of selfish as well.

Reactions: McDad
Its the great deflation one has to worry about, the implosion. With just in time supply and production, international trade, no family farms, and huge reliance on the welfare state... its hard to imagine it working out as well as back then. Someone is going to have to pay the price, I can only hope it won't be me but I guess that is kind of selfish as well.
If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't be worried about it.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Just like I told McDad, with his unimpeachable fiscal principles, not helping Ukraine, will not lower the deficit. Not by a single dollar, nor will it suddenly cause deficit budgeting by the federal government to cease.

You can wax poetic about how we need to cut all spending, "live within our means" etc etc and cut all aid to Ukraine, and all that would be accomplished is that you'd be handing millions of Ukrainians to Russia to suffer occupation.

Deficit budgeting will continue, and money that would have been spent on weapons to aid Ukraine will be spent on something else.

If it's something you like, you won't complain, and you'll move on to complaining about some other federal expenditure, while your political party of choice continues deficit budgeting.

Rinse, repeat...
lol, nope. I want it all cut. including the infrastructure bills which directly help my industry. I have no sacred cows, I want to eat steak.

as someone else pointed out the relatively small costs are what we are buried in. There aren't any 34 trillion dollar expenditures we can cut. there's a couple billion here, a couple billion there, all the way around DC and this nation.

and the "smallness" of the aid is only relative to the massiveness of our debt. billions is not a small amount of money. even for our nation. you are guilty of Stalin logic, just with money. "A life lost is a tragedy, a million lives lost are statistics."

you are trading the future of Ukrainians for the future of Americans. There is a reason they tell you to put on your own oxygen mask first in an emergency on a plane before helping others. what happens to those others when we can't even take care of ourselves? They are going to be in even worse situations because we aren't going to be able to even fund our own nation and there will be literally nothing for anyone. Our governments duty is first to the people of our country. UNTIL they can handle this nation they shouldn't be hurting us, no matter how small you think that hurt is, to help others.

you ever have someone that was sick, or in the hospital, needed rest to heal; but kept getting up and trying to help others? that is exactly what we are, we aren't taking care of ourselves and doing more damage to ourselves in our efforts to help others. what comes once we give out will be far worse, than if we had sat back and taken care of ourselves. and not just for us, but for everyone.

you are worried about 1 Ukraine, I am seeing a dozen Ukraines when we have a collapse. what happens to the world when all the violence we are keeping a lid on erupts?

Reactions: volinbham
lol, nope. I want it all cut. including the infrastructure bills which directly help my industry. I have no sacred cows, I want to eat steak.

as someone else pointed out the relatively small costs are what we are buried in. There aren't any 34 trillion dollar expenditures we can cut. there's a couple billion here, a couple billion there, all the way around DC and this nation.

and the "smallness" of the aid is only relative to the massiveness of our debt. billions is not a small amount of money. even for our nation. you are guilty of Stalin logic, just with money. "A life lost is a tragedy, a million lives lost are statistics."

you are trading the future of Ukrainians for the future of Americans. There is a reason they tell you to put on your own oxygen mask first in an emergency on a plane before helping others. what happens to those others when we can't even take care of ourselves? They are going to be in even worse situations because we aren't going to be able to even fund our own nation and there will be literally nothing for anyone. Our governments duty is first to the people of our country. UNTIL they can handle this nation they shouldn't be hurting us, no matter how small you think that hurt is, to help others.

you ever have someone that was sick, or in the hospital, needed rest to heal; but kept getting up and trying to help others? that is exactly what we are, we aren't taking care of ourselves and doing more damage to ourselves in our efforts to help others. what comes once we give out will be far worse, than if we had sat back and taken care of ourselves. and not just for us, but for everyone.

you are worried about 1 Ukraine, I am seeing a dozen Ukraines when we have a collapse. what happens to the world when all the violence we are keeping a lid on erupts?

You're argument is the same argument put forth by all "fiscal conservatives", right up until the moment where X needs to be cut, and suddenly, we're back to "deficit spending isn't bad when we do it, trust me bro." (see deficit increases from 2017-2019).

Whether you agree with aiding Ukraine or not, no matter what happens, whether we continue to support them or not, it will have zero net effect on government spending, or deficit increases; absolutely zero. America's financial future is not poised to collapse because we sent a couple of billion dollars worth of weapons that we purchased over the last 20+ years to Ukraine, and will have to pay to replace them at some point. The long term economic ramifications to the US economy of not helping them far outweigh the comparably miniscule cost associated with actually helping them not be subjected to genocide and occupation by Russia.

Like the chart I posted earlier, it doesn't matter who is in office, it doesn't matter which program or expenditure that you want to cut, as long as the feds are comfortable paying the debt financing costs, the deficit spending will continue.

If it wasn't aid to Ukraine, it would be some other expenditure that you'd harp on as being 'the reason we are in so much debt', and yet cutting that expenditure sill wouldn't impact federal fiscal policy. When it comes down to it, it's just you wanting to fence straddle, talk about how Russia shouldn't be invading Ukraine, but do nothing to help them, because helping them costs money, and since you like to pretend that all deficit spending is bad when it's convenient, spending money to help Ukraine is bad.

If you were truly concerned about 'all of the violence we are keeping a lid on' erupting, then you'd want to do everything in our power to hamper Russia's naked imperialism, since they are literally aiding the likes of Iran and North Korea, who are and will directly contribute to the 'eruption of violence' that you profess to fear.

Why does the Ukraine need arms from South Korea?

I'm so freaking confused. The Ukraine is getting arms from the whole West more or less.

Could you imagine the US buying arms from Guatemala in the middle of a war and claiming that things were going just dandy.

If the U.S. could find ammo in Guatemala, they would attempt to buy it.

What kind of lawyer are you? (I know evil but exactly what kind of evil lawyer)

If only real wars were won on twitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Why does the Ukraine need arms from South Korea?

I'm so freaking confused. The Ukraine is getting arms from the whole West more or less.

If the U.S. could find ammo in Guatemala, they would attempt to buy it.

What kind of lawyer are you? (I know evil but exactly what kind of evil lawyer)

If only real wars were won on twitter.

Lol

Reactions: BeardedVol
Russia rounding up Buryats to survive 2 days in assault battalions.

Is ethnic depopulation part of the Death Cult™ @volgr?

Meat cube expansion is non-negotiable it seems.

I trillion dollars in debt interest each year.

1/4 of taxes collected go to just paying the INTEREST in our debt.

we have to stop spending everywhere. and the first place that should be cut is foreign aid.
Not true. Just stop.

Last year debt interest was 2.4% of our national budget... A number lower than it was in 1991.

The vatniks tell us it’s no big deal if Russia buys stuff from Iran and NK. That’s just Putin doing bidness with his buddies.

Anyone and everyone would be buying artillery at the moment if they can buy them. Russia can probably produce 2.5-3.5m shells a year which equal somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 shells a day if we start to include inventory shells. If Russia can acquire additional shells or restore shells which has depleted inventory than that is just proper planning. If Russia can acquire enough shells than it can go on longer offensives across the whole line so instead of 10k shells they go up to 20k of shells per day.

The narrative was that Russia would run out of shells in 2022 yet the truth of the matter is they outproduce the whole West by themselves.

Nothing has really changed in two+ years, meaning, as the battlefield is setup today there is no real good options for the Ukraine. The only thing that has happened over the last 6-9 months is a quickening of the timetable this is due to basically 3 reasons, 1.) lack of shells for the Ukraine 2.) the arrival of fairly accurate FABs 3.) starting to run out of meat or trained meat for the Ukrainians

Its going to take 10s of millions of shells for Russia to bring all of the Ukraine down, the faster they produce or acquire will impact the timetable.

There really isn't anything new going on in this for years, and the meat grinder will most likely go on for years. Its going to take considerable time killing all the Ukrainians and destroying a county the size of the Ukraine.

45-E65-DE6-345-E-41-E3-B0-C5-A1-BE87-A0-E3-FE.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Anyone and everyone would be buying artillery at the moment if they can buy them. Russia can probably produce 2.5-3.5m shells a year which equal somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 shells a day if we start to include inventory shells. If Russia can acquire additional shells or restore shells which has depleted inventory than that is just proper planning. If Russia can acquire enough shells than it can go on longer offensives across the whole line so instead of 10k shells they go up to 20k of shells per day.

The narrative was that Russia would run out of shells in 2022 yet the truth of the matter is they outproduce the whole West by themselves.

Nothing has really changed in two+ years, meaning, as the battlefield is setup today there is no real good options for the Ukraine. The only thing that has happened over the last 6-9 months is a quickening of the timetable this is due to basically 3 reasons, 1.) lack of shells for the Ukraine 2.) the arrival of fairly accurate FABs 3.) starting to run out of meat or trained meat for the Ukrainians

Its going to take 10s of millions of shells for Russia to bring all of the Ukraine down, the faster they produce or acquire will impact the timetable.

There really isn't anything new going on in this for years, and the meat grinder will most likely go on for years. Its going to take considerable time killing all the Ukrainians and destroying a county the size of the Ukraine.

Dunning-Kruger in full affect here.

You should probably Google "artillery barrel fatigue".

But I thought the goal wasn’t to destroy Ukraine and all who live there.

Now you’re saying it is.

VN Store

Back