War in Ukraine

Generally, I ask questions and make obvious observations. As I mentioned long ago in this thread, I pretty much gave up on this place - I feel like I did my part. I'm not sure its worth saving?????

If the Ukrainians all want to die, its their choice. You guys are getting mad at me for really no reason.

Future Americans are going to have to pay for all this nonsense, I would rather not dump it on them. Not much I can do about it though.
you assume everyone else can do something. but for some reason you can't?

GQ5gVKpW0AA5KbB

1 trillion in debt INTEREST payment per year. You are really going to have pull a source to say we can afford to spend 1/4 of our intake just on the INTEREST and keep spending more than we make. the US's credit rating will take another hit, forcing higher interest rates, which means us civilians will see higher interest rates, which means less spending, which means less income to be taxed, which means the deficit will just grow and grow and grow; until someone or something happens that finally says enough is enough.

Here's the actual data on the % of our budget that is spent on interest.

Question: Do you have or have you ever had a home mortgage? Auto loan? Credit card debt?

3-7-03bud-rev10-24-22_f1.png

Last edited:
Here's the actual data on the % of our budget that is spent on interest.

Question: Do you have or have you ever had a home mortgage? Auto loan? Credit card debt?

View attachment 653904
LOL, that is spending. now show us the interest vs what we make. its a lot worse than that 8%.

and yeah, I have a mortgage that I am paying off the principal on, not just the interest. same thing with my CCs. I pay it off so I don't face any interest. Interest is literally lost money I get no value from. its the price of business but you are an idiot if you choose to pay more than you have to.

lets just ignore reality here, and submit to your world where 8% of our countries spending going towards interest is a good thing, or not something to be worried about. at what percentage would YOU finally admit that we have a problem? Surely it isn't 100%, or 50%. where is your line? How do you run your house hold finances, is 8% of your spending going purely to interest while you aren't touching the principal?

Reactions: StarRaider
LOL, that is spending. now show us the interest vs what we make. its a lot worse than that 8%.

and yeah, I have a mortgage that I am paying off the principal on, not just the interest. same thing with my CCs. I pay it off so I don't face any interest. Interest is literally lost money I get no value from. its the price of business but you are an idiot if you choose to pay more than you have to.

lets just ignore reality here, and submit to your world where 8% of our countries spending going towards interest is a good thing, or not something to be worried about. at what percentage would YOU finally admit that we have a problem? Surely it isn't 100%, or 50%. where is your line? How do you run your house hold finances, is 8% of your spending going purely to interest while you aren't touching the principal?
Funny thing... We as individuals make basically the exact same financial decisions as the government when it comes to debt (see below). By your own admission, you carry debt as well. I'd wager your debt is right in line with both the average individual American and, hence, the federal government as well.

So, honestly, all your belly aching really isn't about government debt... It's really just you dislike government.

fredgraph.png

Funny thing... We as individuals make basically the exact same financial decisions as the government when it comes to debt (see below). By your own admission, you carry debt as well. I'd wager your debt is right in line with both the average individual American and, hence, the federal government as well.

So, honestly, all your belly aching really isn't about government debt... It's really just you dislike government. You can deny reality, but it's still reality.

View attachment 654012

Comparison between individual debt and government debt is idiotic. We individuals cannot print our own money nor hold guns to our neighbors heads to come up with the money to pay our debt service.

Assange is a russian intelligence asset, so I understand your concern for him going to trial.

He'll talk when he's offered a deal.

Do you beleive your own BS?

So, honestly, all your belly aching really isn't about government debt... It's really just you dislike government.

View attachment 654012
Homes typically go up in value. What government debt does that? My car has value even if it's depreciated. We going to start selling our tanks to get out from underneath this? Your household debt to gov debt is just stupid

Last edited:
Homes typically go up in value. What government debt does that? My car has value even if it's depreciated. We going to start selling our tanks to get out from underneath this? Your household debt to gov debt is just stupid
We never eliminate debt as a country. The value of 'underlying assets' is an irrelevant misnomer. We've been in debt since the revolutionary war. It's resulted in a better standard of living (and our freedom) for 250+ years, so yes national debt is a good thing. The principal never needs to be paid off as a whole, and we as individuals make the same rational decision to carry debt - at an ever greater rate than our country.

As I've said previously, however, I believe the rate of increase in our debt level recently is unsustainable, and I support decreasing it to bring it in line with the long term average as a percentage of our budgetary outlays and GDP.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad

View attachment 654012
my debt is going towards an appreciating asset. I have owned my house for a year and its already up 50k, far more than my interest payments. what appreciating asset is our money funding?

and you continue to ignore that I and most/many Americans are not JUST paying interest. we are also paying off the loans. the US is not paying off the loans it has, just accruing new ones with no strategy to pay it off, that is nothing like how personal debt works.

you ducked my question, when does that interest percentage start to scare you? you apparently don't care that we are literally flushing away 8% of our spending. 10% are you worried? 15%? 20%? where is your line, what does that big financial brain of yours say a healthy debt payment percentage is?

We never eliminate debt as a country. The value of 'underlying assets' is an irrelevant misnomer. We've been in debt since the revolutionary war. It's resulted in a better standard of living (and our freedom) for 250+ years, so yes national debt is a good thing. The principal ever needs to be paid off as a whole, and we as individuals make the same rational decision to carry debt - at an ever greater rate than our country.

As I've said previously, however, I believe the rate of increase in our debt level recently is unsustainable, and I support decreasing it to bring it in line with the long term average as a percentage of our budgetary outlays and GDP.
you are conflating two largely unrelated items.

our standard of living increase has nothing to do with our countries debt financing. as I pointed out our countries debt financing is now directly taking away from our standard of living with increased inflation beyond market growth.

and don't back down now, you were just saying the 1 trillion is not a concern, but you end by saying its not sustainable, which is it?

my debt is going towards an appreciating asset. I have owned my house for a year and its already up 50k, far more than my interest payments. what appreciating asset is our money funding?

and you continue to ignore that I and most/many Americans are not JUST paying interest. we are also paying off the loans. the US is not paying off the loans it has, just accruing new ones with no strategy to pay it off, that is nothing like how personal debt works.

you ducked my question, when does that interest percentage start to scare you? you apparently don't care that we are literally flushing away 8% of our spending. 10% are you worried? 15%? 20%? where is your line, what does that big financial brain of yours say a healthy debt payment percentage is?

Look, you need to do some reading up on things.

"Simply put, the national debt is similar to a person using a credit card for purchases and not paying off the full balance each month."

What is the National Debt

Look, you need to do some reading up on things.

"Simply put, the national debt is similar to a person using a credit card for purchases and not paying off the full balance each month."

What is the National Debt
Wrt the analogy, is using a CC without paying off the balance sound financial management?

CBPP Org is a progressive org. that calls for more spending and taxes. We spent more than 8% last year on interest, regardless of the pie chart being CBO sourced.

4.4T revenue
658B interest
6.1T spending

2024 revenue will be fairly flat and $1T in interest.

VN Store

Back