Wars, genocide, reparations, etc (split from recruiting forum)

you're doing compass vs culture, which was the point of that picture and Lowe's original post
People in atlanta have a different culture than other places in the south. . . louisiana too. People in east tennessee are different than people in NC.

Just asking what constitutes a southern culture, since there are so many different ones? If you're in the south and the culture is a certain way, wouldn't that be a southern culture?

Even yankees know what sweet tea is. What's a twist?
Not all of them. I was in Covington KY once, we went out to eat with a group and someone in the group ordered sweet tea. They just dumped sugar into cold tea...... was some of the worst tasting stuff I've ever tried.

Reactions: KptVFL
I'd go as far as alligator alley. There are some severe rednecks in south central Florida.
People don't know anything about Florida...yes the Yankees own the east coast...but the gulf coast has a more southern feel, and when you get 15 miles inland (except for Orlando) Florida is just as much pure southern culture as anywhere else in the south.

Reactions: EasternVol
Southern half of Florida and all of California can drift away and I would be ecstatic.
There are actually a lot of great common sense working people in California....they are just outnumbered by the millions l*****l fruitcakes in the cities....and I love Florida.

There are actually a lot of great common sense working people in California....they are just outnumbered by the millions l*****l fruitcakes in the cities....and I love Florida.
California represents over 14% of GDP.

Florida's citrus yield and tourism dollars are completely under appreciated, same for Cali.

Some people allow politics to interfere with facts.

People don't know anything about Florida...yes the Yankees own the east coast...but the gulf coast has a more southern feel, and when you get 15 miles inland (except for Orlando) Florida is just as much pure southern culture as anywhere else in the south.
I went to Florida a couple of years ago, my wife's momma and daddy live in rural central Florida. I was fired up to see some crackers and in a week saw nary a one. Their one neighbor was from Elmira, NY or some such nonsense, their their other neighbor was from Connecticut. I was so disappointed. I did have my wife drive part way so I could moon Gainesville though.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I went to Florida a couple of years ago, my wife's momma and daddy live in rural central Florida. I was fired up to see some crackers and in a week saw nary a one. Their one neighbor was from Elmira, NY or some such nonsense, their their other neighbor was from Connecticut. I was so disappointed. I did have my wife drive part way so I could moon Gainesville though.
Ok....I lived and worked all over the state for 8 years so I have much better perspective I think...but maybe you are right and the Yanks are taking over everywhere...that just means that Florida is no different from Tennessee 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
California represents over 14% of GDP.

Florida's citrus yield and tourism dollars are completely under appreciated, same for Cali.

Some people allow politics to interfere with facts.
The millions of fruitcakes are real and they have ruined the cities...especially San Francisco, but I met and talked with a ton of people in small towns all over the central and Southern part of the state that are pretty much like me....it actually blew my mind how many there were.

Ok....I lived and worked all over the state for 8 years so I have much better perspective I think...but maybe you right and the Yanks are taking over everywhere...that just means that Florida is no different from Tennessee 🤷‍♂️
I'm sure you're right, I was just saying I was disappointed. And it's too bad as I am happy with the little things. And you're right there are a lot more yankees in Tennessee now, but we give them the ol' General Andrew Jackson treatment. We put them on reservations in gated communities in the mountains.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back