Wars, genocide, reparations, religion, etc (split from recruiting forum)

Folks must be new to the game 😅

Don't think they ever are out there. LVs did the same for some time, not sure if still.

Just news now (as it was last year when they played...Iowa 🤔)...lol "OuTrAge Is BuiLdiNg" 😅🤣 Ahh the gullible twitter hypefolks never get tired of seeking out "outrage" lol.

Folks must be new to the game 😅

Don't think they ever are out there. LVs did the same for some time, not sure if still.

Just news now (as it was last year when they played...Iowa 🤔)...lol "OuTrAge Is BuiLdiNg" 😅🤣

Well. By your ( ) sentence we can tell what kind of person you are 😂😂😂 gtfoh with that bait sh!t. Bro made a post bout tonight..who cares if they've done for 15yrs straight. LSU is trash. Always has been and always will be. Back to the ghetto they go 😂 Reese will have more time for her tiktok videos and Johnson will have more time for her rap career in jus a few more mins.

Reactions: tnvols72
Good lord. When will they realize they are creating more division not less.

United We Stand
This country is like a brain dead patient. It's over, done, but the body just hasn't figured it out yet. Every pillar this country was founded upon has been destroyed or at least badly compromised. No, America will never be united again. The US will fall.

Reactions: Christian Lowe
East Tennessee is my country, and they remained loyal to the union even as they were dragged away selfishly by the rest of the state. But YMMV.
Truth is the money and the power in the state have never been in East Tennessee. The money and the power decide which side. Personally, me and my kins at the time view was that we were invaded in violation of the Constitution. The first state to vote to secede from the Union was Massachusetts (in the early 1800's) and they were not invaded. I believe that the New Hampshire house recently voted for secession.
The War of Northern Aggression was purely about economics. The industrial north could not allow competition with Europe over the South's agricultural products. Slavery was a wrong and vile just as abortion is today, but is wasn't the root cause of that war.

My country lost. But now I live in the U.S. and that is my country for now.
Prior to the civil war, “THE United States” was “THESE United States.” That war fundamentally ended states’ autonomy and has snowballed into the plethora of federal overreach and irreconcilable differences between the way california and the north want to be governed and the southeast and other regions.

Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus and arrested political dissidents in Maryland. Sherman’s total war would be seen as crimes against humanity today, and he did it to his own people. Slavery had to be ended, of course, but the Union didn’t care much about it. They simply used it as a means to an end that’s doomed the country slowly ever since.

Both sides had a narrative, and the narrative from each side contained grains of truth. It's not wrong to say it was about slavery. It's also not wrong to say it was about states' rights. Lincoln trampled all over the Constitution to maintain the Union. The federal government today holds far more power than the Founding Fathers ever intended.

I fully expect this conversation is going to get moved.
There was no correct narrative for slavery. It was abhorrent, and evil. North did what it had to do, and we are better off for it. I understand embracing history, else how can we learn for the future. Because history does repeat itself.

But talking about this versus that. There isnt. Its simply good versus evil, and good won. End of lesson. Next.

This country is like a brain dead patient. It's over, done, but the body just hasn't figured it out yet. Every pillar this country was founded upon has been destroyed or at least badly compromised. No, America will never be united again. The US will fall.
IMG_6157.gif

There was no correct narrative for slavery. It was abhorrent, and evil. North did what it had to do, and we are better off for it. I understand embracing history, else how can we learn for the future. Because history does repeat itself.

But talking about this versus that. There isnt. Its simply good versus evil, and good won. End of lesson. Next.
Slavery was abhorrent and evil and needed to end, but the North did not go to war to end slavery. Yes, the South wanted to protect slavery, and yes, they feared the election of Lincoln would lead to a federal ending of slavery, which is why they seceded, but the North went to war to end secession, not slavery. They had no noble purpose other than bringing the South back into the fold, which, at the time, was very arguably un-Constitutional.

Also, you're wrong about good versus evil. Lots of shades of gray, just like that book your momma is so fond of.

Reactions: EasternVol
Also, you're wrong about good versus evil. Lots of shades of gray, just like that book your momma is so fond of.
Your Mom likes large books. Not to read, just to hold herself up while getting banged. Anywhoo...

Last edited:
Slavery was abhorrent and evil and needed to end, but the North did not go to war to end slavery. Yes, the South wanted to protect slavery, and yes, they feared the election of Lincoln would lead to a federal ending of slavery, which is why they seceded, but the North went to war to end secession, not slavery. They had no noble purpose other than bringing the South back into the fold, which, at the time, was very arguably un-Constitutional.
You can tell yourself that there wooly mammoth.

VN Store

Back