Wars, genocide, reparations, religion, etc (split from recruiting forum)

The world has lost its mind.

The X user "Ian Miles" is a well-known certain kind of troll smh

The sole police officer that had a mere suggestion at a local meeting was saying to leave keys in a Faraday bag near your front door (inside duh 🤭) in case of invasion...not outside. His own opinion, which confused Canadians themselves, but he never said to leave them outside dear lord 😅🤣 The Toronto police later released clarification and other thoughts.

Don't get RGW'd folks...he ain't the only one 😁

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
The X user "Ian Miles" is a well-known certain kind of troll smh

The sole police officer that had a mere suggestion at a local meeting was saying to leave keys in a Faraday bag near your front door (inside duh 🤭) in case of invasion...not outside. His own opinion, which confused Canadians themselves, but he never said to leave them outside dear lord 😅🤣 The Toronto police later released clarification and other thoughts.

Don't get RGW'd folks...he ain't the only one 😁
He literally told people to leave their key fobs by the front door…. I interpreted it as being right inside but i can see why people would think it could mean outside the door…. His reasoning was so that the thief could take what they are after and not risk confrontation with the Home owner. He should have told the criminals that home owners will be armed and they will shoot to kill…. Enter at your own risk!

Maybe. The instructor/cop in my concealed carry permit class (a decade ago) made it pretty clear that while the law was on my side (no charges) I should fully expect to get sued by the deceased perp's family. As a male business owner of a particular race and generation, I'm not confident that the legal and social environment would allow me to walk away unscathed. I would only test those boundaries if life and limb were truly at risk.
My instructor retire cop/army ranger told us not to confuse a jury with two versions of what happen. I pray I’m never put into this position🙏🏻

As they say, a well-armed community is a polite community.

Despite the tweeters assertion, the cop didn't say to leave your fobs outside, he said to leave them at the front door. His point was that the armed guy is breaking in to get the fob, not attack you or steal household possessions, so if the fob is by the front door he'll take it and leave.

I may be in the minority, but if I have the choice of a guy leaving with my car or me getting into a firefight in proximity of my wife, kids, grandkids, or pets, he can have the *insured* car. If he starts acting like he's here to hurt someone, he'll see just how fast I can unload a 30 round magazine in his direction. I know the popular view would be to shoot first, but the potential for collateral damage or lawsuits/legal issues would cause me to be more selective before engaging.
I hate thieves with a burning passion...I catch one trying to steal from me and there will be one less thief in the world.

You let thieves take something that don't matter to you with no fight, no repercussions...sooner or later they will come and take something that does.

These evil 💩holes see that as weakness...and it just embolden them to take more and more.

It is stupid for that moron Toronto police chief to think they will stop with cars...it WILL get worse and monstrous things will happen.

Reactions: SSVol
I understand making the decision that a car isn’t worth it. What I have the most problem with is when “lawmakers” create an atmosphere that emboldens criminals to run rough shod over society. By you having access to that 30 round magazine it at least gives the bad guy pause. He also has to make the decision, “is it worth it to risk my life to steal this car, knowing the fella that lives here may unload some hot lead into my behind”.

Throwing our hands up as a society and allowing evil to run amuck is absurd.
Does nobody understand where this leads?

Reactions: LaagerVol
Maybe. The instructor/cop in my concealed carry permit class (a decade ago) made it pretty clear that while the law was on my side (no charges) I should fully expect to get sued by the deceased perp's family. As a male business owner of a particular race and generation, I'm not confident that the legal and social environment would allow me to walk away unscathed. I would only test those boundaries if life and limb were truly at risk.
What in the hell is wrong with this world when you can not defend yourself and your property?...I hate the fools that allow thus to happen.

What in the hell is wrong with this world when you can not defend yourself and your property?...I hate the fools that allow thus to happen.
Put it into the proper context. It came from law enforcement...Canadian city police, so definitely a different breed than rural LEOs down here. They would rather deal with car thefts than thieves getting killed, so that's their dumb reasoning.

He wasn't suggesting that you not defend yourself, particularly from death or injury, just that there will likely be consequences of doing so.

And to your other point, I really dislike theives as well, but in killing someone over a car I'm far more concerned about the damage done to my emotional and mental health than the damage done because a item was stolen. Even in life or death defensive killings people suffer from PTSD or conscience or other forms of stress. The husband of one of my business partners killed his abusive step father in defense of his mother. He was not charged but he carried the stress of it for decades.

He wasn't suggesting that you not defend yourself, particularly from death or injury, just that there will likely be consequences of doing so.

And to your other point, I really dislike theives as well, but in killing someone over a car I'm far more concerned about the damage done to my emotional and mental health than the damage done because a item was stolen. Even in life or death defensive killings people suffer from PTSD or conscience or other forms of stress. The husband of one of my business partners killed his abusive step father in defense of his mother. He was not charged but he carried the stress of it for decades.
If someone broke into my house, myself not knowing their intentions, while I certainly wouldn’t want to in any way, I think I could live with killing someone protecting my family much better than I could live with a criminal breaking into my house and killing or harming one of my family members and me doing nothing about it.

If someone broke into my house, myself not knowing their intentions, while I certainly wouldn’t want to in any way, I think I could live with killing someone protecting my family much better than I could live with a criminal breaking into my house and killing or harming one of my family members and me doing nothing about it.
Don't misunderstand me. Dude comes in my house he's getting painted with a laser sight on any of several weapons within a short distance of me. What he does next will dictate whether he lives or dies. I will not kill a thief though. That isn't a conversion I wish to have with my creator, nor is a stain I want on my remaining days in this earth. Stuff is replaceable, people are not.

Those are my values and I don't think less of those with different values. Just understand that is a bridge you can't uncross.

Reactions: LaagerVol
If you're in my home uninvited, you're a threat. I'm not waiting to see what someone's "intentions" are or if they're armed. However, they'll immediately be made aware of my intentions and if I'm armed.
Agree. Would you blast first ask questions later or give them a stern, probably 1 word command, and react from there? Haven't figured that one out yet myself and hoping I never have to.

I was just watching a video that popped up in my YT feed of an interview of an ex-Delta Operator named Dale Comstock on a podcast of some dude named Julian Dorey...

Don't need to discuss it and how it made me feel about the quality, toughness and readiness of our military in this thread...just thought some of you may want to see it.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I wouldn't say it's rare, but I do think there's a huge problem with people claiming to be journalists but they always have an axe to grind. That's why I said it depends on who wrote it. Those types are usually pretty easy to identify. I'm not going to hate the media overall because of them misrepresenting themselves. I think Clay Travis is happy to use anything to play up an anti-media narrative because it makes his readers happy and he doesn't care where the truth lies...he's no different than the fake journalists. Whoever is writing the article about Mulkey might deserve to be lumped in that group...we'll see.
Yeah, could be wrong or right here, but none of it is genuine anyway. The guy that started his career in sports and sports betting...regularly decrying politics and social issues in sports journalism...

And now it's all he talks about 😏 Baiting his gullible, angry and young monolithic demo over and over.

Truly a gaslighting expert 🤌 A master of his craft!

Yeah, could be wrong or right here, but none of it is genuine anyway. The guy that started his career in sports and sports betting...regularly decrying politics and social issues in sports journalism...

And now it's all he talks about 😏 Baiting his gullible, angry and young monolithic demo over and over.

Truly a gaslighting expert 🤌 A master of his craft!

And yet, you listen to everything your propaganda mongers spew out on your side if the echo chamber.

Hypocrites
Lol you know me so well 🤭😆

Clearly not. I hate partisan dogmatism. I've always listened to multiple sources and enjoy opposing views the most, they can open your eyes at times and widen your perspective, even if you may disagree a majority of the time. Better than self-fulfilling views, that's boring just reinforcing your predispositions over and over. It does nothing to challenge your views, which will often be wrong to begin with.

I used to work with a guy like that though, very dogmatic. He was a full fledged dem. Thought dems could do no wrong. And repubs were always in the wrong. I was embarrassed for the guy. Couldn't have an intellectually genuine discussion with him.

All 4+ political sides are wrong about plenty. Socrates taught this millenia ago. We and our own ilk, if you have any ilk, are all wrong about plenty. You should be concerned if you think you and "your side" are always right. Your head is too deep in the sand by then.

Lol you know me so well 🤭😆

Clearly not. I hate partisan dogmatism. I've always listened to multiple sources and enjoy opposing views the most, they can open your eyes at times and widen your perspective, even if you may disagree a majority of the time. Better than self-fulfilling views, that's boring just reinforcing your predispositions over and over. It does nothing to challenge your views, which will often be wrong to begin with.

I used to work with a guy like that though, very dogmatic. He was a full fledged dem. Thought dems could do no wrong. And repubs were always in the wrong. I was embarrassed for the guy. Couldn't have an intellectually genuine discussion with him.

All 4+ political sides are wrong about plenty. Socrates taught this millenia ago. We and our own ilk, if you have any ilk, are all wrong about plenty. You should be concerned if you think you and "your side" are always right. Your head is too deep in the sand by then.

VN Store

Back