We finished with a better record than Florida.

Would you rather look good on paper and lose? If we have the "W" at the end of the day, that's all that ultimately gets remembered. Without looking it up, tell me who won last five years bowls, but looked bad statistically doing it.
Winning wasn't the question. The point utmba93 was futiley trying to make was that Florida's four losses were somehow the product of people suddenly stonewalling Meyer's offense. That's just not the case.

Winning wasn't the question. The point utmba93 was futiley trying to make was that Florida's four losses were somehow the product of people suddenly stonewalling Meyer's offense. That's just not the case.

You must admit Hat that from what I have seen of the Spread. If prepared, a team using it can be stop to a degree. It may not be the way we need to go with what we got right now....

if prepared and capable. any team with a defensive front that can control the run can be effective against most any offense.

True . . . but I could make the argument that part of what lost Florida the UGA game was that Meyer's offense exposed Tebow too much and got him banged up. Also, Florida would have been in a world of hurt had they made the SECCG for the exact same reason.

A healthy Tim Tebow is trouble for any team. Michigan today had already played 2 other spread team to date and used that experience well. Lloyd Carr will be missed coaching community. Louisville is getting an above average DC in English.

Not exactly. Michigan keep them off the field and the UM offense was far more impressive, IMO. The Gators offense was not that impressive. They got bullied badly on the line of scrimmage.

Defenses are catching up with the spread. We'll do much better in Neyland... count on it.

Not exactly. Michigan keep them off the field and the UM offense was far more impressive, IMO. The Gators offense was not that impressive. They got bullied badly on the line of scrimmage.

Defenses are catching up with the spread. We'll do much better in Neyland... count on it.

Maybe this time we can hold them under 50...

they scored 35 points. that should win games.

we could, and likely will, give up 40 to UF next year and it will still meet your criteria of much better.

Point well made, and I agree. I see where IL put up 445 total yds of offense on USC, but the game score doesn't reflect it. It could have something to do with the 600+ yds USC garnered.

This may not be (pronounced "probably ain't") the right thread for this post....but I can't seem to find the right thread (pronounced "too many Jack & waters")..so...this thread will have to do.

I remember reading...not too long ago...a post about "rooting for SEC teams in bowl games"...and another post about "our rival".

Oh...by the way...as I type these words...UGA is in the process of beating the kahuna out of Hawaii...and I couldn't be happier.

I live in Georgia. Since '93. Raised in the shadow of Neyland Stadium...live in Georgia.

I pull for the Vols and the 'Dogs. When they play each other, I'm a Vol fan.

Having said that...

I root for SEC teams in bowl games. Unless, of course, that SEC team happens to be Florida. In that case, I pull for the opponent. Even if it's Hawaii.

See, we all have that "SEC team we hate". For some, it's Alabama. Or Georgia. Or South Carolina. Or Vandy.

For me...it's Florida. Why? Steve Spurrier. The guy who told Fulmer about how much fun he'd had "kicking your ass for the last four years". The "gator chomp". The arrogance of their fans. Chris Leak. Circle one...I have many, many reasons why I hate Florida.

I'm sorry, but if Florida played a team from "The University of Al Qaeda"...it would be a tough call for me.

My two favorite teams are UT, and whoever is playing Florida.

I hate Florida. Period.

No..seriously...I hate them.

Oh...how 'bout them Wolverines?

So..yes....and no...I pull for SEC teams in bowl games.

Unless it's Florida.

Y'all be safe out there.

go vols.

Sorry...almost forgot. Today is bordering on the proverbial "Perfect Day".....

UT won.....

UGA is winning...

Florida lost...

Personally, I can't think of a better way to start the New Year.

go vols.

Point well made, and I agree. I see where IL put up 445 total yds of offense on USC, but the game score doesn't reflect it. It could have something to do with the 600+ yds USC garnered.

Precisely.... as did the 524 yards UM put up on UF. And it looked worse than that. All those what the heck is happening to my offense looks from CUM were 'priceless.'

The Gators got manhandled.

in the Florida loss either and what the heck happened to Arkansas? They should be kicked out of the SEC after that loss.:no:

if we manhandle the gators to only 35 next year, we'll get our rears kicked.

Wondering if CRR's arrival at UM had any effect on how UM handled CUM's spread.

Wondering if CRR's arrival at UM had any effect on how UM handled CUM's spread.

They played inspired football. It looked more like it was for Lloyd's retirement. But whatever the motivation, that was part of the success.

we lost very badly to a team that lost to ULM.

ULm couldn't play appy state within 15 points

VN Store

Back