We finished with a better record than Florida.

Look at the stats. They gave up 524 yards to UM. That's mediocre, below average, and all those other bogus descriptions you apply to UT's team.

UF looked pathetic. There's no denying that.

We ended strong, they started strong. The former is better than the latter. Sorry your team lost yesterday.

There is nothing impressive about the end to our season. We just played better teams earlier.

I'm new here! First Post!

I'm a UT fan! But, those who think that UT should be a National Player every year....Give Me a Break!

1. You play in the best Conf in the country. Vandy is'nt an easy win anymore!

2. Tennessee High School football is not that great. Name me the last GREAT college player to come from Tennessee besides Patrick Willis. You have to recruit around the country! Fla, TX, Cal, GA,Ohio .....can recruit in state!

3. Tradition??? You can name 25 schools that have the same or BETTER tradition that UT!

10 wins at UT is Good! once every 10 years they can compete for a national championship! Whoever wins this years BCS Champ will be the first to win 2!!!!!!!!!!! What does that tell you! IT'S NOT EASY!
Would Nebraska, Florida State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State, Pitt, Washington, UCLA, Miami.......like to have UT's last 10 years compared to theirs???? YES!

Even USC and Oklahoma had a few "down" years in the last 10! It's called SPORTS! GET REAL! UT is not UCLA basketball in the 70's!

By the Way.......Go Vols, Fulmer, and Chavis!

I'm a UT fan! But, those who think that UT should be a National Player every year....Give Me a Break!

2. Tennessee High School football is not that great. Name me the last GREAT college player to come from Tennessee besides Patrick Willis. You have to recruit around the country! Fla, TX, Cal, GA,Ohio .....can recruit in state!

3. Tradition??? You can name 25 schools that have the same or BETTER tradition that UT!

10 wins at UT is Good! once every 10 years they can compete for a national championship! Whoever wins this years BCS Champ will be the first to win 2!!!!!!!!!!! What does that tell you! IT'S NOT EASY!
Would Nebraska, Florida State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State, Pitt, Washington, UCLA, Miami.......like to have UT's last 10 years compared to theirs???? YES!

Even USC and Oklahoma had a few "down" years in the last 10! It's called SPORTS! GET REAL! UT is not UCLA basketball in the 70's!

UT 's last few years shouldn't even be compared to USC or Oklahoma.

Exactly, so why even bother with those expectations and goals thingies. Accept our plight, learn to love it and become a real fan.

I'm not comparing UT's last three years to USC or Oklahoma....I said they even had down years in the last 10....And DON'T pertend to compare UT tradition to either one of theirs!?? No contest!

I'm not comparing UT's last three years to USC or Oklahoma....I said they even had down years in the last 10....And DON'T pertend to compare UT tradition to either one of theirs!?? No contest!
I'll take OUs tradition all day long, unless you're just talking longevity. If so, who cares.

They had down years in the last 10. So they kicked their coach out and moved on.

Keep Fulmer! he is a great motivator!! Get a "different" OC who can think outside the box! (Illinois OC) (Mike Martz) Cutt is a GREAT QB Coach, not a great OC!

BIG offences bring in BIG recruits! Not the Inidividual!

Yea!

USC was motivated against Stanford, Georgia vs. Vandy, OSU vs illinois, Michigan vs Appy State, Alabama vs UL Monroe.......

Do you REALLY want me to keep going?????

It's COLLEGE football with 18-21 year old KIDS!:dance2:

teams are pretty even in college football. that is what makes it so much fun!

Compare the conference titles of Georgia, USC, OSU, and Michigan to Tennessee this millennium.

Yea!

USC was motivated against Stanford, Georgia vs. Vandy, OSU vs illinois, Michigan vs Appy State, Alabama vs UL Monroe.......

Do you REALLY want me to keep going?????

It's COLLEGE football with 18-21 year old KIDS!:dance2:

teams are pretty even in college football. that is what makes it so much fun!
again, since it's all just chance and kids will be kids, why bother with paid coaches, expectations, goals, scholarships, etc. Let's just draw names from a hat, declare an honorary coach, throw on unis and play.

USC???? Please.... name a GREAT power in the Pac 10 besides USC?

Michigan and OSU play each other for the Big 10 every year...No one else! Northwestern and Indiana are REAL good!??

Georgia??? I might be wrong, but hasn't UT played more SEC Champ games than Georgia?

Understand this....... I wish UT was better! But for the people who have unrealistic goals????? IT COULD BE WORSE! Fulmer is good! He just needs to buck the "conservitive" trend and open things up! That is where college football is going. If he can't or will not......THEN it will be time for a change!

Compare the conference titles of Georgia, USC, OSU, and Michigan to Tennessee this millennium.

USC plays in a conference with maybe two good teams at any given time, the Big 10 is just silly, the Big 12 is not much better, and although Georgia won 2 conference titles this millenium, they've only managed to win 3 in the last 25 years.

I see. All of the other conferences are weaker than the SEC, so we're cool with never winning a conference championship. I just didn't get it earlier, but I see now.

I guess I just need to be in absolute awe of those guys who have figured out how to win the SECCG over the past decade.

Wonder why the SEC doesn't win every national title, given that it's so dominant?

Probably because the SEC spends its time beating each other up while perennial media favorites like USC and Oklahoma spend their time dominating traditional powerhouses like Stanford (this year notwithstanding) and Baylor

How did our SEC champion do against WVU a few years ago? The SEC champion isn't always the best team. They actually play football outside the south.

Probably because the SEC spends its time beating each other up while perennial media favorites like USC and Oklahoma spend their time dominating traditional powerhouses like Stanford (this year notwithstanding) and Baylor
USC struggled badly with Arky in their home & home and really had a tough time with Auburn prior to that.

You didn't happen to notice what happened in our Cal game this year did you? They were a middle of the pack Pac-10 team this season while we represented the East in the SECCG. How's that work?

I like sarcasim?? I have it too!

USC would dominate the SEC. Texas and Oklahoma would compete every year.

I'm saying that from top to bottom the SEC is Dominant. On a "bad game" you will lose in the SEC. In the other conf's the BIG teams can have an off game and still win. Not every year or every game.... but most!

Thats what I'm saying! Of the 12 teams in this Conf how many have Won the Championship????
I may be wrong...going by memory here:
UT, GA, Bama, UF, LSU, Auburn (6 out of 12) since the SEC Champ game? In the same time frame....How many teams have won their conf champ in the other conf's???

I know its not HALF!

but that doesn't change the fact that Florida hung 59 points on the same Chavis defense that held the Wisconsin juggernaut to only 17.

I like sarcasim?? I have it too!

USC would dominate the SEC. Texas and Oklahoma would compete every year.

I'm saying that from top to bottom the SEC is Dominant. On a "bad game" you will lose in the SEC. In the other conf's the BIG teams can have an off game and still win. Not every year or every game.... but most!

Thats what I'm saying! Of the 12 teams in this Conf how many have Won the Championship????
I may be wrong...going by memory here:
UT, GA, Bama, UF, LSU, Auburn (6 out of 12) since the SEC Champ game? In the same time frame....How many teams have won their conf champ in the other conf's???

I know its not HALF!

If LSU wins this year, 4 of the most recent 10 SEC Champs will have also been National Champions. And don't forget that an undefeated Auburn team was left out by popular vote.

VN Store

Back