We finished with a better record than Florida.

Its the end of one year and the beginning of another, so I'm not sure if this thread's initial thought should be the "Mental Masturbation Thread" of 2007 or 2008. Heck, maybe it should be so-titled for the entire decade as it is an utterly meaningless point.

There are two realities and both of them mean very little to me and I suspect to anyone else out there that has their eye on the only three prizes that really matter in this game and at this level.

The two realities:

1. We beat you 59-20.
2. You won the SECE.

The three prizes that matter:

1. Winning a national title.
2. Winning the SEC.
3. At least playing in a BCS bowl game.

The only value I can even try to take now in our drubbing of the Vols this year is that it makes me optimistic about next year -- an optimism by the way which is fading like cheap paint as I realize that we have fielded a defense that would struggle to contain Ms. Fields' 5th grade gym class.

The Vols won the SECE. And got to play in the Outback Bowl.

Both teams accomplished minimal feats (yours admittedly more significant than ours). But neither team captured any of the three prizes. We Gators evaluate our program by those three prizes and those three prizes only. One day soon, hopefully, UT fans will be in the same mindset.

Its the end of one year and the beginning of another, so I'm not sure if this thread's initial thought should be the "Mental Masturbation Thread" of 2007 or 2008. Heck, maybe it should be so-titled for the entire decade as it is an utterly meaningless point.

There are two realities and both of them mean very little to me and I suspect to anyone else out there that has their eye on the only three prizes that really matter in this game and at this level.

The two realities:

1. We beat you 59-20.
2. You won the SECE.

2. Winning the SEC.

The only value I can even try to take now in our drubbing of the Vols this year is that it makes me optimistic about next year -- an optimism by the way which is fading like cheap paint as I realize that we have fielded a defense that would struggle to contain Ms. Fields' 5th grade gym class.

Both teams accomplished minimal feats (yours admittedly more significant than ours). But neither team captured any of the three prizes. We Gators evaluate our program by those three prizes and those three prizes only. One day soon, hopefully, UT fans will be in the same mindset.

I have been in the mindset for a number of years. We just have posters that like to downgrade our yearly standards.

The two realities:

1. We beat you 59-20.
2. You won the SECE.

2. Winning the SEC.

Be very wary. It's amazing how quickly those expectations can drop to excitement over top 10 finishes, (fantasy) division titles, 10 win seasons all in the name of continuity or an age old NC.

By the way, I love how people like utmba say Florida has a bad defense, when UT gave up more points this year.

The two realities:

1. We beat you 59-20.
2. You won the SECE.

2. Winning the SEC.

Did you start the "official fire uraban meyer" thread on the gator forum?

That must be coming!

He stunk up the place yesterday in a big way. All those FL boys are going to start signing with the Canes again after that one.
if a six point beating turns players south, we'll have a roster full of northern Canadians.

That must be coming!

He stunk up the place yesterday in a big way. All those FL boys are going to start signing with the Canes again after that one.

You must be delusional if you really think that will take place.

UF can still have a bad defense

And we do.

I think that the youth factor this year has a lot to do with the topsy turvy nature of how teams have been able to look so good one weekend and so awful the next.

Florida looked like world beaters on 9/15 against UT and yesterday against Michigan looked like a team that would struggle to go .500 in the SEC. UT looked like they in fact wouldn't go .500 in the SEC back on 9/15, but by UGA had improved markedly.

All three traditional teams that rule the SECE had significant youth issues this year. All three bring back a lot of good players with more time to mature and improve and prepare for '08.

I would expect all three to be in the Top 20 and certainly UGA probably Top 5. Florida, after yesterday, I'm thinking that's going to hurt and we are probably just outside the Top 5 preseason. I know I said a week ago we were a contender for preseason #1. After what I saw yesterday (I just can't get over how bad our corners are) I am disabused of that notion.

UT, the line play should be better, particularly on offense. Running game ought to be better in a lot of respects. QB and WR are the issue.

Right now, I think you have ot make UGA the favorite to win the SECE next year. But, both UF and UT are certainly in a position to have something to say about that.

He's not living up to expectations at all, is he?

When you fire him, I only hope CSS is not interested or that your AD insists on interviewing him as if he's an unknown to Gator football.
Winning a NC is definitely not meeting expectations.

That must be coming!

Does anyone else know what he was thinking when he went for it on 4th down with all of his TO left and 2:45 on the clock? Reminded me of last year's NC game except Tressel was trying to provide a spark. He pretty much gave them 3 points and made it a TD or bust game.

You must be delusional if you really think that will take place.

Check the recruiting boards. Those South Florida guys don't really want to play for UF. That's Phin and Canes territory and it's just a matter of time before they ride the Gators out of town.

Please don't tell me your serious about getting rid of Meyer.All he has done for you is won a SECC and NC.

I have no idea how we have so many people here who think CUM is improving the Gator program.

Didn't Zook recruit 19 of the 22 starters on the NC team?

VN Store

Back