Web Censorship and Political Bias

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Yeah, it’s “aggressive liberals targeting conservatives.” I guess they’ve just overlooked Charlie Kirk, Anne Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Diamond and Silk, and thousands of inflammatory conservatives.

I’m sure it’s got nothing to do with publicity given to crap that is totally made up and false (Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead, there’s a child sex ring under comet pizza, the Newtown parents are paid actors) driving down the value of advertising on their website. But let’s let the side that champions deregulation and free market capitalism beat that drum...

Everybody who feels marginalized by the deplatforming of people like Alex Jones and Jakob Wohl ought to adopt some kind of special hat so the rest of us can identify, avoid, and ridicule them. Unfortunately, I hear knit vagina headware has already been appropriated by another group with similar complaints, but I think a tin foil vagina would be different enough to avoid confusion but still be representative of the message..

So, words are just as bad as someone getting punched in the face for wearing a hat?

Did Charlie Kirk cause this with his words?

San Antonio police probe alleged assault of teen wearing a Make America Great Again hat

How did Sean Hannity's opening monologue cause this?

New Jersey officials say 81-year-old man was attacked for wearing MAGA hat

You really are stretching to make a connection this morning, counselor.

Silenced! 113 Cases of Twitter Censoring Everything But the Left

Twitter has claimed in the past that it does not discriminate against conservatives.

That’s just not true.

In the past five years, there have been at least 113 different cases of conservative, pro-Trump or anti-establishment figures on Twitter being punished for expressing their views, many of them well-known in their fields. Notable people have been suspended, banned, blocked from advertising, shadowbanned, and censored. While Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey testified in Congress in September that “Twitter does not use political ideology to make decisions,” evidence points to the opposite direction.

What is “shadowbanning”?
Do social networks quietly silence opinions with which they disagree?

SOCIAL networks have a problem with trolls, spammers, bots and others who degrade the quality of interaction. Some are easier to deal with: spammers have their accounts shut down. Others are trickier: what should social platforms do about real people acting in bad faith and driving away other users? Some people believe that social networks use something called a “shadowban” to quietly silence an account. What is a shadowbanning?

The currency of social networks is attention. A shadowban, in theory, curtails the ways in which that attention may be earned without blocking a user’s ability to post new messages or carry out typical actions on a network. Shadowbanned users are not told that they have been affected. They can continue to post messages, add new followers and comment on or reply to other posts. But their messages may not appear in the feed, their replies may be suppressed and they may not show up in searches for their usernames. The only hint that such a thing is happening would be a dip in likes, favourites or retweets—or an ally alerting them to their disappearance.

Shadowbanning is in the news again because of a recent debate in America. A report on Vice News observed that a number of prominent conservatives and right-wing figures in America—such as the chair of the Republican National Committee—seemed to be demoted on Twitter: typing in the person’s name in the search box didn’t reveal their accounts. President Donald Trump took to Twitter to castigate the company, promising to “look into this discriminatory and illegal practice at once!” Twitter firmly denied charges it shadowbans the users: “We do not,” the company said in a statement.

Washington Post Tries to Goil Gabs' Dissenter, Gets Owned in a Single Day

So, words are just as bad as someone getting punched in the face for wearing a hat?

Did Charlie Kirk cause this with his words?

San Antonio police probe alleged assault of teen wearing a Make America Great Again hat

How did Sean Hannity's opening monologue cause this?

New Jersey officials say 81-year-old man was attacked for wearing MAGA hat

You really are stretching to make a connection this morning, counselor.
All this tells me is you didn’t read the thread title or any of the comments. We’re having two different conversations.

I guess that at least explains why you think I’m stretching.

Last edited:
Trust in the Media Hits Rock Bottom

HIDDEN CAMERA: Twitter Engineers To "Ban A Way Of Talking" Through "Shadow Banning"

Trump_Kim Summit could have been covered in 30 seconds.
No deal
Trump believes Kim.
I honestly haven't been watching the Cohen stuff, but since LG hasn't started 50 threads on it, and I haven't heard about Trump being impeached yet I am guessing that whole thing could have been covered in 30 seconds too.

Cohen tells nation what they already know. Trump is a POS but still the president....Now in our funny cat video segment...

I honestly haven't been watching the Cohen stuff, but since LG hasn't started 50 threads on it, and I haven't heard about Trump being impeached yet I am guessing that whole thing could have been covered in 30 seconds too.

Cohen tells nation what they already know. Trump is a POS but still the president....Now in our funny cat video segment...
We do, for the first time in American history, have a POTUS that is universally considered a POS.....even by his own party. (That may say something)

VN Store

Back