Web Censorship and Political Bias

YouTube Removes Video of Legal Scholar Defending Israeli Airstrikes

An Israeli legal scholar's argument about the legality of Israeli airstrikes was temporarily removed from YouTube on Monday for violating unspecified "content guidelines."

Eugene Kontorovich, a professor at George Mason University, appeared on RT to explain why Israel’s counterstrikes in Gaza are protected by international law. YouTube removed a video of his appearance because it violated the company’s terms of service. It later reversed the decision and restored the video without an explanation for why the initial action was taken. Kontorovich believes the video was down for 24 hours.

YouTube Removes Video of Legal Scholar Defending Israeli Airstrikes - Washington Free Beacon

Google Docs Changes Auto-Correct Algorithm To Be More ‘Inclusive’

Google.jpg

Google Docs will now make more “inclusive” suggestions and edits in its predictive text algorithm. The technology will now correct gendered words such as “mailman” to “mail carrier,” or “chairman” to “chairperson.”

Google has made similar changes in 2018 after the company fell under fire for its predictive gendered pronoun language. The company opted to remove gender pronouns from the predictive text feature altogether.

Google Docs Changes Auto-Correct Algorithm To Be More ‘Inclusive’

I love that social media can be sued, I don't understand why other states don't follow Florida's lead. This could be a watershed moment.

I love that social media can be sued, I don't understand why other states don't follow Florida's lead. This could be a watershed moment.

Yes, it could. I happily invite it. It may be the only way to shut down the Bigot Spigots for a while. Sure there might be collateral damage, but lawyers would be licking their lips at the big, juicy conspiracy theorists and the sites dumb enough to host them.

VN Store

Back