Welcome Back D-Mo (merged)

A UT official on Thursday said former Vols safety Demitrice Morley has met the academic requirements to re-enroll for the spring semester and play next season, but the formal process has not been completed and probably won't be until next week.

Under school policy, former UT students are allowed back in school if their cumulative college grade-point average is raised back to 2.0.

The former five-star recruit stayed in Knoxville, took a job at a local restaurant and enrolled at Pellissippi State Community College with his own money in an attempt to return to UT.
*Times Free Press

Way to stick to it Demitrice, and welcome home. Now get to work...

Reactions: 1 person
Great Job Demetrius!!

You're showing your dedication and desire to be a VOL.

Glad you'll be back in the ORANGE.

awesome...I wish him the best. I think this may have been the learning experience he needed to grow up and recognize the opportunity he has. That's wonderful news.

This is good news. I'm all about people getting second chances. Hopefully, he'll pay a little more attention to his academics this time around. Morely and Berry in the Secondary will be tough.

Catching some secondary assignments wouldn't be a bad idea either.

good for him. maybe this will turn out to be one of those really good stories we never hear enough about.

glad to have you back. Morley and Berry at the safety spots next year has the potential to be very interesting.

That's really cool! So many times we just light into guys that waste the chances and talent they have been given. It's great to see the flip side and see someone work hard and fight back for something they want. Good job D-Mo and don't stop now.

I don't mean to be negative but who thinks he will be rusty?

If he comes back already in decent shape and then get himself back to playing speed during spring practice then this could be a great thing for next year...

FS: Berry/Morley
SS: Berry/Morley
CB: Vinson
CB: Willingham

Nice!!!

I don't mean to be negative but who thinks he will be rusty?

If he comes back already in decent shape and then get himself back to playing speed during spring practice then this could be a great thing for next year...

FS: Berry/Morley
SS: Berry/Morley
CB: Vinson
CB: Willingham

Nice!!!
You left out Marsalous Johnson, but I get your point...

This is good news. I'm all about people getting second chances. Hopefully, he'll pay a little more attention to his academics this time around. Morely and Berry in the Secondary will be tough.

that definitely sounds like a good combination.

Well, he'll certainly provide some athleticism and depth to the secondary. It's probably a safe bet to pencil him in as a starter - I just hope he takes the mental part of the game a little more seriously this time around and commits to knowing his assignments.

Vinson will probably lock down one of the corner spots...but I'd expect Marsalous to push DeAngelo at the other corner spot.

I'm interested in seeing the development of Art Evens and CJ Fleming, as well as what Faison can contribute.

Well, he'll certainly provide some athleticism and depth to the secondary. It's probably a safe bet to pencil him in as a starter - I just hope he takes the mental part of the game a little more seriously this time around and commits to knowing his assignments.

Vinson will probably lock down one of the corner spots...but I'd expect Marsalous to push DeAngelo at the other corner spot.

I'm interested in seeing the development of Art Evens and CJ Fleming, as well as what Faison can contribute.

What about Rogan?

Isn't he a DB too? Or will we try him on O because of his skills

What about Rogan?

Isn't he a DB too? Or will we try him on O because of his skills

He's a db. And he'll probably stay there...I guess he'll spend some time providing depth at one of the safety spots.

Faison really is intriguing.... a 27 year old NFL maturity level player.
Several years of professional baseball have kept the 6-foot-1, 200-pound Faison in good physical shape, but he's spent the past few months doing football-focused workouts at Toombs County.
Faison has been accepted into UT for the spring semester and won't cost the Vols a scholarship.
I'll be looking to see his progress come spring. Safety?

Well, we'll have some nice speed in the secondary. Hopefully Berry will push D-Mo out there and help him step it up - particularly in pass coverage and knowing his assignments. Berry made improvements there as the year went along - but he probably still has some things to learn as well.

Great positive/uplifting post. :crazy:

Thanks Rasputin. I do see this as a very positive accomplishment for Morely. It couldn't have been easy, and it shows a high level of dedication to the program. Now, if he learns the defense that will just be the icing on the cake.

How is that Mr. I Love Erik Ainge?

Thanks Rasputin. I do see this as a very positive accomplishment for Morely. It couldn't have been easy, and it shows a high level of dedication to the program. Now, if he learns the defense that will just be the icing on the cake.

That was much better.

:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back