Western KY beats UK, might have momentum?

Western KY beat Kentucky tonight which I thought was hilarious first of all. But it I remember correctly, Western KY has a very good running back and I definitely think we are better talent wise than Kentucky, but just going off of last season we are regarded as similar in talent and level of play as KY in recent years.
Where do you guys get this crap? UT and UK are NOT considered similar talent wise.

What is everyone's take on Western having some possible momentum coming into Neyland and how what are some predictions on how we will beat them? I think it will be huge to make sure none of our guys get complacent by thinking they can take it easy just because it's Western KY. It should be a win for sure, but Western is still a lot better than Austin Peay.

If Jones is the coach we hope he is then UT beats them by more than 20 points.

Reactions: 1 person
Might be worth noting for most of you currently giving WKU a lot of props that WKU under their OLD staff beat UK in Lexington.

with our starters only playing a half against an inferior opponent its just hard to tell. ran the ball at will. Worley consistently threw the ball behind receivers but it worked out. He managed the game nicely and no turnovers. starting d looked good and no penalties. butch played a ton of guys in the second half and peay still couldn't score. our 2nd and 3rd team "O" was NOT impressive at all.

we should be able to handle them. especially at home but im so used to the dooley bunch finding ways to screw up I almost wouldn't be surprised is it was a close game.

One thing though, it may be most of the same players, but this isn't the Dooley bunch

As a fan I have the luxury of thinking down the road, and while I do think UT wins and by multiple touchdowns, I am still a little nervous. If WKU hangs around and gives the team fits for any more than a quarter, I have a feeling the following two weeks will be looong. If UT manages to put WKU away early and dominates, then I will feel *slightly* better about our chances against Oregon and Florida.

Since my other team pretty much showed they may actually be worse than Kentucky (42-7 to Cincinnati ugh), I am clinging to the hope that UT will at least make this season interesting. <crosses fingers>

I am a little worried, but I hope all the college football world finds out next week, we have way more talent then Kentucky. I mean look at our recruiting classes compare to UK, WKU, and TN. It is not even close. I like WK beat UK, because there is no way TN overlooks them...no chance.

Last edited:
Bobby Petrino....Bobby Petrino.....Bobby Petrino......I am SO over the love affair(pun intended) with Bobby fricking Petrino. BUTCH JONES is our coach, not Petrino, not Gruden, not anyone else, BUTCH JONES. How many accounts does small Mike, cattleman, whatever he calls himself on volnation have???

We win this game on talent alone, but we also have a good coach. Give me a corvette and give Jeff Gordon a go-cart, and I will smoke his @ss everytime, regardless of how much of a "great driver" he is. Vols 42 WKU 17!

Reactions: 6 people
I live in Bowling Green and I can guarantee you that the Western players, coaches and fans are fired up. The really believe they can beat us.
May be hard for me to wear my Orange and White around here this week, but I will!
Pound the rock and run to victory:td:

Western KY beat Kentucky tonight which I thought was hilarious first of all. But it I remember correctly, Western KY has a very good running back and I definitely think we are better talent wise than Kentucky, but just going off of last season we are regarded as similar in talent and level of play as KY in recent years.

What is everyone's take on Western having some possible momentum coming into Neyland and how what are some predictions on how we will beat them? I think it will be huge to make sure none of our guys get complacent by thinking they can take it easy just because it's Western KY. It should be a win for sure, but Western is still a lot better than Austin Peay.
The continual regurgitation of "I hope they don't get complacent or take this team for granted" Yeah that's Butch's coaching style and these players mentality. Way to regurgitate the same old Gobbligook. Next!

If Butch has this team fully prepared, which I'm fully confident that he will, the Vols should win by 2 TD's. For those that didn't watch The Butch Jones Show this morning, he stated that he and his staff was taking WK very seriously.

UT 28
WK 14

with our starters only playing a half against an inferior opponent its just hard to tell. ran the ball at will. Worley consistently threw the ball behind receivers but it worked out. He managed the game nicely and no turnovers. starting d looked good and no penalties. butch played a ton of guys in the second half and peay still couldn't score. our 2nd and 3rd team "O" was NOT impressive at all.

we should be able to handle them. especially at home but im so used to the dooley bunch finding ways to screw up I almost wouldn't be surprised is it was a close game.

Very good point. That included a lot of freshman just trying to get in-game experience.

We will not beat them 45-0. WKU is a much better team than AP. They will be fired up coming into Neyland to play us. However, we will win pretty comfortably. My prediction 37-20.

Butch will have them ready to go in Neyland saturday no doubt about it. i saw their D line across the board was 230,233,285,318. i think we pound them with the run and get some other things working off of that. i think our guys are hungry to hit the field every week. WKU is a solid team but UK is also really bad.

Bobby Petrino....Bobby Petrino.....Bobby Petrino......I am SO over the love affair(pun intended) with Bobby fricking Petrino. BUTCH JONES is our coach, not Petrino, not Gruden, not anyone else, BUTCH JONES. How many accounts does small Mike, cattleman, whatever he calls himself on volnation have???

We win this game on talent alone, but we also have a good coach. Give me a corvette and give Jeff Gordon a go-cart, and I will smoke his @ss everytime, regardless of how much of a "great driver" he is. Vols 42 WKU 17!
Give Jeff Gordon a 250cc superkart and you wouldn't stand a chance

The Vols had better stop RB's Andrews and Allen from WK if we are to win this game.

As in don't quit you're day job with your weakass attempt at being clever.

I watched some of UK and WKU and neither team played defense very well. Try harder next time.

Uh that was an actual question. I really wasnt sure what you were implying. Not sure why you went into crybaby girl mode but I really didn't know if you meant "I have no defense (as in argument) against this post" or "neither team had defense".

I live in Bowling Green and I can guarantee you that the Western players, coaches and fans are fired up. The really believe they can beat us.
May be hard for me to wear my Orange and White around here this week, but I will!
Pound the rock and run to victory:td:

Never was a problem for me when I was traveling to Florida a lot for work. Not to mention, all the SEC away games. Wear your colors with pride and take solace in the fact that we have a real coach who studies film and will have a legitimate game plan next week for WKU. If Dooley was the coach, I'd be more worried about the upcoming week.

VN Store

Back