Western KY beats UK, might have momentum?

So what happens if (even though I don't think it will happen) we lose to the Hilltoppers? Do we see the far Butch negavols already come out of the wood work.

Western Ky beat Kentucky last year by 3 in OT. UT kicked the crap out of Kentucky last year with a OC filling in as HC and a very bad Sunseri defense.

UT 42
WKU 17

WKU played a team as bad as we did.We could have very easily scored 45 or more points if we wanted to.I watched this game and yes WKU will be better than what we faced but they were slow on d and there running back is big but not real fast..I think it will be a bit of a struggle in the first half but by the second half we will wear them down and pull away..

You're mistaking about speed. You don't place him at KR and PR and have him come within 20 yards of breaking the NCAA single season record for all purpose yardage if he doesn't have speed. Those saying WKU can't stop the run, they unfortunately gave up 3 big plays that accounted for over half of UK's rushing yards. Those plays are part of the games so they must be considered but take out 3 gaping holes and UK rushes for 84 yards on 30 carries. WKU dominated their running game 30 out of 33 times kind of like Tiny with Clowney last year. The one (few) mistake is what everyone sees.

Last edited:
In order to prepare for Oregon, we need to play a team this week that is far superior to AP and while WKU is not an SEC game, I am glad that they are improved and on our schedule.

Reactions: 1 person
She may be calling the shots, but he has had a few stray bullets inflicting some collateral damage.

She just wants a small town where gossip will get back to her sooner rather than later. No more knotches on his Harley handlebars for bimbos served.

It has nothing to do with a smaller town. I'm sure she would have allowed him to accept the UK job had they offered. She wants to be in KY close to family, and there are 2 in Louisville and one in BG. And BG is roughly the same size as Fayetteville so gossip won't spread any faster here than there.

Western KY beat Kentucky tonight which I thought was hilarious first of all. But it I remember correctly, Western KY has a very good running back and I definitely think we are better talent wise than Kentucky, but just going off of last season we are regarded as similar in talent and level of play as KY in recent years.

What is everyone's take on Western having some possible momentum coming into Neyland and how what are some predictions on how we will beat them? I think it will be huge to make sure none of our guys get complacent by thinking they can take it easy just because it's Western KY. It should be a win for sure, but Western is still a lot better than Austin Peay.

FYI...we are not Kentucky! We owe Petrino and Arse kicking and next saturday he will get one!

:dance2:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 1 person
In the fourth qtr, with the score 42-0, did you see Butch climb up someone a$$ and eat his way back out?

Nobody is going to get complacent, you can count on that!!

Western KY beat Kentucky tonight which I thought was hilarious first of all. But it I remember correctly, Western KY has a very good running back and I definitely think we are better talent wise than Kentucky, but just going off of last season we are regarded as similar in talent and level of play as KY in recent years.

What is everyone's take on Western having some possible momentum coming into Neyland and how what are some predictions on how we will beat them? I think it will be huge to make sure none of our guys get complacent by thinking they can take it easy just because it's Western KY. It should be a win for sure, but Western is still a lot better than Austin Peay.

I'm excited. I expect a good game but the Vols pull away a little bit later in the game than we'd like. Not to mention struggling to get 6 instead of 3. Worley will still play well. 30-17

I think they may stick around for the 1st quarter... if they are lucky
tn-41
wku-20

WK will definately see a oportunity to defeat a troubled Vol squad at Neyland Stadium. Butch must have a great game plan and have every player do some soul searching and play to their maxium ability to win. This is a trap game...Butch must avoid the trap! This is our field and stadium and we must defend it till the end with great pride!

The Vols must bring the fight to WK and keep it there for 60 min. We need to hit hard and cause turnovers and keep the fans in the game

Got to page 8 so forgive me if someone has already stated this but I believe Pat Ryan made a comment last night in passing that is being looked over here. They said the offensive play calling speed TN practiced with was unbelievable. He said last nights team was operating at about 30% of the practice pace. While the play calling was definitely vanilla, I believe the true pace of our offense was as well. I believe we will overwhelm WKy and the game could be out of reach by halftime.

Like many WKU/UT fans, and there are a few of us, I have been looking forward to this game for quite some time. No I don't have "grand delusions" that the Tops will pull this off, but I think they will keep it very respectable and if they can minimize the mistakes, gain some respect. Those of you overlooking them might end up a bit surprised. They are not the same WKU that Crompton beat a few years ago, they are not even the same team that went to their first bowl game last year. Like him or not they have a top tier coach and he didn't walk into to a bear cupboard. They have a lot of returning starters including a top 10 running back. The QB position appears to be much, much more stable, which at times was a weakness last year. Despite some the previous comments, the D has some playmakers too like Jackson and Dowling.
I know they don't get much credit for beating UK, but the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. WKU had a few fumbles which UK capitalized on, I guarantee that Bobby P won't let that go unaddressed this week.
It was great to see UT much more energized than they were under Dooley, but I am not sure they learned as much about themselves playing APSU. The Govs are not even a mid tier FCS school and provided little to no challenge to the first team.
Anyway should be a fun game. One thing for certain that will be a refreshing change, is that we should expect both teams to get better as the season progresses, unlike the years past.
Here's to a new season!
Good luck and God bless!

Dude has practically the same name as me. I thought I was the only Hilltoppervol...

Tennessee by 14+. WKU keeps it close for awhile. WKU has upgraded at the QB position which was the worst position on the roster in 2012.

VN Store

Back