Western KY beats UK, might have momentum?

Petrino will have them ready. As long as Worley plays smart we should win. Our defense looks good and excited to be on the field so I'm more worried about how we will score.

I watched most of the game. WKU couldn't stop the run even with the box loaded and UK's secondary played very soft and couldn't tackle. They played just about the entire game with 8-9 men in the box.

We could start getting some of those 4* defections from UK after last night. Then again, so could WKY.

KY had a major misSTOOP last night.

It's going to take something MAJOR to turn Kentucky around.....something even bigger than what Randall Cobb was to them a few years ago. It'll definitely be a while for them.

If our first string executes like it did last night, we will win. But if we turn the ball over and make mistakes WKU is good enough to beat us.

Reactions: 1 person
It's going to take something MAJOR to turn Kentucky around.....something even bigger than what Randall Cobb was to them a few years ago. It'll definitely be a while for them.

The Kentucky fans on the Cats pause message board thought that Stoops would guide Kentucky to a 7-5 record this season. A lot of the idiots had Tennessee penciled in as a win.

It was in Nashville last year as well. Does that mean Commonweath Stadium is too small?

Maybe they all went to Opryland after the game and a Hoedown. Anything to get out of Lexington.

Last years game was in Lexington. This game wrapped up a series. Since UK wouldn't man up and play in BG, WKU was able to convince them to play WKU's home game in Nashville.

Like many WKU/UT fans, and there are a few of us, I have been looking forward to this game for quite some time. No I don't have "grand delusions" that the Tops will pull this off, but I think they will keep it very respectable and if they can minimize the mistakes, gain some respect. Those of you overlooking them might end up a bit surprised. They are not the same WKU that Crompton beat a few years ago, they are not even the same team that went to their first bowl game last year. Like him or not they have a top tier coach and he didn't walk into to a bear cupboard. They have a lot of returning starters including a top 10 running back. The QB position appears to be much, much more stable, which at times was a weakness last year. Despite some the previous comments, the D has some playmakers too like Jackson and Dowling.
I know they don't get much credit for beating UK, but the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. WKU had a few fumbles which UK capitalized on, I guarantee that Bobby P won't let that go unaddressed this week.
It was great to see UT much more energized than they were under Dooley, but I am not sure they learned as much about themselves playing APSU. The Govs are not even a mid tier FCS school and provided little to no challenge to the first team.
Anyway should be a fun game. One thing for certain that will be a refreshing change, is that we should expect both teams to get better as the season progresses, unlike the years past.
Here's to a new season!
Good luck and God bless!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back