@WestTennesseeFox has misplaced her Duckface and needs help finding it

Oh yea, we aren't moving until the kids are out of school (or I get something making more than $150K)

Still working for GSU...for now šŸ¤£
I missed that one. What's the gig at GSU since you finally got out of the car business. Gotta be careful not to cross the road past the old Turner Field down there.

I'm a 31 year native of Griffin down the road a piece.

That salary won't go far in Buckhead, but you'd be the neighborhood king in Morrow.

I missed that one. What's the gig at GSU since you finally got out of the car business. Gotta be careful not to cross the road past the old Turner Field down there.

I'm a 31 year native of Griffin down the road a piece.
Physical Security Systems Manager. Since April of this year lol.

I've been through Griffin. Fred White was from there IIRC.

Yep. And several others before him that were Vols. He's the last I recall that got recruited to UT. It's a football factory down there. 21-22 NFL players from the HS, and another 18+ if you count ones that played there but moved before graduating. Only HS in GA to make that national list at #41.

Reactions: YankeeVol

Three things you need to do in that area:

1. Southern Pit BBQ on the northside of twon on 19/41 main highway. Especially during the holidays when you can order smoked Turkeys/Hams/Pheasant/Duck. But the food is great otherwise. And cracklin cornbread to boot.
2. The Lighthouse Fish Camp just south of town in Milner.
3. If it is still open just east of downtown look up Shalam (Salam?) Seafood accross the tracks. The fish salad is simple and mind boggling. Fried catfish nuggets on salad with Thousand Island. Fried chicken quarter and fried fish sandwiches. Note that it comes bone-in, on white bread with lettuce tomato mayo and hot sauce. If you don't want to learn how to eat bon-in sandwiches, you should know to order a filet sandwich. I came out of college and went back to Griffin for a spell working for the cotton mill that was located there. We had quite a few plants around town. I was a manager in one of hte plants on that side of town and passed this place everyday. One day I stopped. And it opened up a whole new world of eating. And I grew up there on southern cooking.

@YankeeVol
The one thing you will enjoy in ATL outer reaches is BBQ and Fish Camps. Middle TN is blind both.

That one in Milner I mentioned (Lighthouse) gotta be the best anywhere. All you can eat on the bone catfish, and best coleslaw ever. I ate 18 catfish one time with slaw, fries and hushpuppies. Only weighed about 175 at the time.

If you're up 85 near the border, find Gumlog, Booty's, or The Red Minnow. All near Hartwell/Toccoa/Elberton. Life changing fish lodges.

Reactions: YankeeVol
When I was driving to Louisville I had to pee and pulled off an exit that had a Bucees and a regular gas station. When I saw the mile long line of gas pumps I went nope and went in the regular gas station.

If you had to put your bare ass on the seat every time you went, you'd appreciate the super clean bathrooms at Buc-ees a whole lot more.

@WaywardPisser correctly predicted that a tornado 100 miles away was heading straight for his mom's property but can't hit the toilet from a couple feet away.
Yeah I was gon comment about his inability to hit the toilet, but I woulda said hit the pot or hit the hole. Den dem dam crazy internet ppl would say moho hits it at dey house. You'd get triggert. Moho don't have a lake now. He'd be helpless.

Really glad I didnt mention none of that.

Reactions: VolNExile
they laces yellow yet ?
618uqWzG5ZL._AC_SY575_.jpg

VN Store

Back