@WestTennesseeFox search party thread

OK, WTF, the only way the Steers get into the CFP is for Michigan and Georgia to meet committee expectations and win, and for FSU to lose. Texas wins convincingly, and they get the in. B*** wins, and Bevo is outside looking in. Iowa wins, and Bevo is outside looking in. It’s either 4 conference champs or tOSU and two SEC teams.

I think we get in if we win and Michigan loses. Same record, conference champion, tougher schedule.

There is no excuse for Bama to be in over us. We beat them by double digits on their home field. When we played them, we whipped their ass and pounded them into submission in the 4th quarter. We were the better team. Period. If they were the better team, they could have got us off the field the last 6 minutes. They couldn't.

I think we get in if we win and Michigan loses. Same record, conference champion, tougher schedule.

There is no excuse for Bama to be in over us. We beat them by double digits on their home field. When we played them, we whipped their ass and pounded them into submission in the 4th quarter. We were the better team. Period. If they were the better team, they could have got us off the field the last 6 minutes. They couldn't.
Except they would have just beaten the #1 team in the country and utjr is playing a 3 loss team. Better hope GA wins and FSU loses.

How'd it go? (Haven't caught up on other threads yet)

I was in better shape than I thought and my ankle held up. I did better than I expected considering that I trained for a 10K. I did participate in a 15K back in October so that helped.

The 11th and 12th miles were a struggle but I built in enough cushion to beat the bonus goal my former boss set for me to contribute to St. Jude.

I was in better shape than I thought and my ankle held up. I did better than I expected considering that I trained for a 10K. I did participate in a 15K back in October so that helped.

The 11th and 12th miles were a struggle but I built in enough cushion to beat the bonus goal my former boss set for me to contribute to St. Jude.
That's so great!

-- I thought you'd gone the self-employed/ contractor route. Are you back with a boss again?

That's so great!

-- I thought you'd gone the self-employed/ contractor route. Are you back with a boss again?

Still self employed. I reached out to former boss partially to check what he was doing after his employment contract ended with the company that bought us out in 2021 and partially to because of Tiffany. He's a huge UCLA booster and was a prior hospital executive so I knew he would love her story. Long story, but @joevol33's wife indirectly led to me running the half marathon and a large donation to St. Jude.

I knew he had a small property in Westwood near UCLA that he used for business clients and out of state employees who traveled in and was curious if he still had it. At a minimum, it was always fully stocked and had access to a great gym and heated pool. Regretfully, he doesn't. We ended up talking about the St. Jude Marathon and he was asking why I never ran a half. He told me he would double whatever I raised if I ran it and would triple it if I broke 2 hours.

Still self employed. I reached out to former boss partially to check what he was doing after his employment contract ended with the company that bought us out in 2021 and partially to because of Tiffany. He's a huge UCLA booster and was a prior hospital executive so I knew he would love her story. Long story, but @joevol33's wife indirectly led to me running the half marathon and a large donation to St. Jude.

I knew he had a small property in Westwood near UCLA that he used for business clients and out of state employees who traveled in and was curious if he still had it. At a minimum, it was always fully stocked and had access to a great gym and heated pool. Regretfully, he doesn't. We ended up talking about the St. Jude Marathon and he was asking why I never ran a half. He told me he would double whatever I raised if I ran it and would triple it if I broke 2 hours.
That's pretty awesome

Wish I knew you were running for donations to St Jude, I would’ve contributed to the cause.

VN Store

Back