What did you have for dinner II?

Homemade chili with Fritos and cheddar cheese, really hit the spot after a couple of hours shoveling snow
This is the very best during cold weather and snow!

Two questions:
1. Does your chili have beans? (Texas chili does not)
2. Have you ever had the Fritos scoops with chili? Can be a bit messy but good.

This is the very best during cold weather and snow!

Two questions:
1. Does your chili have beans? (Texas chili does not)
2. Have you ever had the Fritos scoops with chili? Can be a bit messy but good.
Yes and yes, The scoops only when that was all we had on hand.
Mrs Wireless came out a few minutes into my shoveling and told me chili was on the menu, needless to say I became very motivated

3-4 lbs chuck roast
1 package ranch dressing
1 package au jus gravy or onion soup mix
10 pepperoncini (I use sliced pepperoncini and use most of the jar)
1/2 cup of the pepperoncini juice
1/2 cup water or beef broth (I just used more pepperoncini juice this time and it definitely gave it more of a kick!!)

Throw everything in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. We served it shredded on open faced sandwich with melted cheese.

Multiple recipes out there with variety - some use a lot of butter (unnecessary imo) and serve on top of potatoes.

Link for the one I used:

Last edited:
Hope your China wok is better than ours....suspiciously located close to our animal shelter
I saw a video on Facebook about a week ago. Maybe it was set up, but the couple seemed legit mad, woman was recording. They pulled up to a restaurant, and he was cussing and arguing with the owner, he wanted his cats back. They brought out like 4🤣. You can usually tell fake ones, but that guy and his lady seemed legit mad

@Drewbydoo, you’re an articulate whippersnapper. Though I’m glad that you’ve seen the Orange, if you stick it out at Tech, I hope that you’ll come to sing Ramblin’ Wreck with gusto and share “Sting ‘em” with others in the post-graduation GT diaspora.
Haha and thank you. Much love.

Know this: It took my parents 7 years of trying to have kids before they got me, so they both poured themselves into their careers for 6-7 years before I was conceived. During that time there were several miscarriages. They were told, once they had one successful pregnancy it was highly, highly probable that they'd be able to have the 3-4 kids they wanted and that each pregnancy would be easier.

Welllllll, it didn't work that way. My mom just about died giving birth to me and the doctors retracted that future pregnancies would be easier statement and replaced it with the notion that they should, "never, ever get pregnant again".

So..... I've had TWO, very low flying Helicopter Parents my entire life. My parents have poured their "Everything" into me. Our very large house (that was supposed to be filled with kids) revolved around my upbringing. Mom has a masters in Finance, Dad has masters in Electrical Engineering. Relevance of those facts is that, at dinner every night (dad has patents in wireless security btw) .... at dinner every night... it was just us. in my mind it was 2 vs 1, but in a nice way: They taught me how to debate and discuss what was important to ME as well as adult topics they discussed. Meaning, I could fully participate in whatever political, business, home related topic they discussed. So I'd ask what "nonplussed" meant or "adjudicated", and the many business related euphemisms you and other people used.

In 7th grade I saw a "neat book" in my dad's office, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" (by Steven Covey I believe) and I asked if I could read it and that sparked within me a new way of looking at how I managed my time. At the time I didn't realize how abnormal it was for me to be reading a book like that, but I was also a kid that got excited when they bought me my own Unabridged Dictionary or when I asked if we could buy a book with the top 10 or 20 Supreme Court rulings. (haha, nerd alert) Or how to program in C and C+.

I didn't really appreciate how awesome my parents were until I started having friends over for dinner because after dinner my friends were excited and shocked to tell me, "Your parents actually LISTENED to me" and I was surprised about that until I got to know their parents and how dismissive they were. Their parents weren't bad. THEIR parents had multiple kids, so they didn't have TIME to listen and explain (if asked to explain) what their issue or concern were or was at the time. They were often met with, "because I said so" whereas my parents engaged me fully. If there wasn't time at that exact moment, they'd tell me that and that they'd explain later and they kept that promise.

My parents became the go-to parents of all my friends because my parents wouldn't judge them and they know they'd be listened to AND that my parents didn't offer their opinion unless asked. My friends loved that about my parents and it made me realize how lucky I was to have them as parents.

I had several to many kids at my house every day and everything a boy would want: A heated pool and hot tub, a "game room" that had: a foosball table, full size pool table, ping pong table, 3 gaming systems (even though I didn't play video games), Two large screen tvs side by side for watching sports with 2 couches and a love seat in front of those. Extra swim trunks of all sizes so if someone impromptu wanted to swim, they could. My friends tended to keep some swim trunks at my house and I remember having 20-22 pairs of swim trunks of various sizes and several in one of my bedrooms (my bedroom consisted of 3 bedrooms with it's own game room/study. The game room in the down stairs had many different sizes and styles of girl's swimsuits.

We also usually had set up: a volleyball court or badminton court in the lawn. If we took those down it was for playing croquet.

What my parents were attempting to do was create a safe and monitored environment for almost any kid that that came to our house, but most importantly to my parents, they knew who I was with and where I was. Haha - pretty smart and sneaky and nice all at the same time. My parents love kids and getting to know them as people, not to just be temporary, substitute parents for them.

Sometimes, one of my friends would show up and I of course assumed they came over to see me, but nope, they wanted to ask my parents about something first and then maybe stay and do something with the rest of the kids there.

In our garage, we had and have a side by side refrigerator freezer filled with drinks and frozen treats my friends, their parents and our neighbors liked. One of my jobs was to remember to tell my mom anything that someone was looking for that we may not have had like Barq's diet root beer and it would "magically" become one of many options available in our garage. My mom kept a little book of someone's favorite entree or side dish and when those people were at my house, it was part of the meal. Mom was and IS an awesome host. : )

The freezer was loaded with Haagen-Dazs, Fudgsicles, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches and on and on. Those were always available and kids and their parents could grab and go or stick around - my parents didn't care. During COVID me and my friends would play 2 on 2 hoops to whoever happened to be there and the number of people who came over to watch grew over time. Usually followed up with most kids swimming or doing something in our game room, depending on the weather.

THAT'S what I meant by "the house revolved around me". My parents made it their business to fully engage my friends and their parents so I was exposed to as many kids as possible and that I didn't really want to be anywhere else because there was a daily stream of people at our house. Those kid's parents got to see how my parents engaged their kids....

Oh, my mom quit work when I was born, but started working part time from home once I was in first grade and it's what made being an awesome host possible. She loved to cook and dinner was always at the same time and I/we would allocate 1-1.5 hours for dinner. Having a long dinner together every night possible was very important to her.

One of my favorite things my parents ever got me was a white board that could be printed or scanned and the PDF or jpeg file sent to me and my dad. We got that during COVID so my dad could teach us Calculus and Differential Equations and I could teach younger kids Trig, Geometry, Algebra and basic math. Again: Nerd Alert! I have that in one of the extra bedrooms in our apartment at GT for group problem solving btw. It gets a lot of use here.

One of the things my parents put in my head when I entered high school was, "If I took my education and life seriously, they honestly believed I could change the world" They didn't say that to put a monkey on my back, but they said they really believed that. THAT'S why I'm articulate and take school seriously. They put everything they had into my upbringing, so I put in the effort.

Finally, to your initial comment about attending Tennessee for some post grad work:

I've already started my post grad work.

I'm hard to buy for right? My parents even more so. A week before Christmas this year I gave them a box of tissues as a gift which was to purposely confuse them. Waiting outside was the dean of engineering to have special and private graduation for me because I got my master's in electrical engineering based on 7 patents I have. My dad had 6, I now have 7.... as a 19 year old. I KNEW that would even get my dad to cry and it did. This semester I'm taking my 3rd master's level course, and the promise was if I got a second patent, it would serve as the basis for my master's. So it blew away the Dean of Engineering when I showed him my initial seven.

The dean assured them those patents would indeed change the world because they're all nano sized technology based on AI control. The Dept of Defense, American Medical Association as well as N number of venture capitalists are very interested in my work so far. There are already a bunch of grad students (free, high IQ labor) working on the next generation prototypes at GT.

To keep me around after I get my undergraduate degree in EE and at my request is that GT buy me the top 2 floors and exclusive roof access of an apartment building within walking distance to the university. They got the top floor and gave me the deed to that. The floor under it will become available as leases expire shortly before I get my undergrad degree. I'm had that gutted this past fall and started working with an architect to build what I want, so I'm fairly committed to GT for now, but things could change.

A 1% share in of my patents go for $20m. GT gets 10%, I retain 60% and the rest is for sale to venture capitalists and I won't sell more than 4% to any one entity. Each of my current patents is part of an LLC which I retain control of.

I DID reach out to UT and offered them what I thought was a generous offer of $20m maybe even $40m to build some student housing right up against the outfield of the baseball stadium provided they let the baseball team live there for free and the university give them free meal plans until they get their degrees, meaning, if it takes them an extra year or so it wouldn't cost them anything. It took UT a nanosecond to say no to that and that they were already committed to their current plan. I approached Angel Cabrera, President of the Georgia Institute of Technology to see if he could persuade UT to take 4% of one of my patents which has a present value of $80m and could only grow in value for my request. Again, the answer was a flat no and at least he got the explanation that UT was already getting extreme pressure from it's alumni to finish what they started and that those offers were turned down because that change would cause a massive delay, have long term insurance implications etc and that UT is struggling to meet the current plan.

IDK, at least UT is very committed to and aware of what it's alumni wants. That was before NIL and the mess it's become so maybe they would reconsider because I think being able to guarantee ball players the opportunity to get the degrees they actually want, without compromise would be a huge recruiting tool and would make the rest of the student housing highly sought after, but what do I know?

As a non-UT student, I'm very impressed with the fan base UT has in multiple sports. There really is no other university like it or even close to what the Volunteers have. If you're ever channel flipping, check out GT baseball and you'll see that for the most part, it's local fan base is non-existent. Attendance will "say" there were 1,700 fans, but when I check that against my own head count, I come up with 400-600. Meanwhile, UT is packed and from what I can tell, sold out game after game after game. Rarely are any sporting events at GT sold out. The exception is when we host UGA in football.

As you can probably guess my time is valuable except for the fact that I want to be a kid while I'm a kid and even with that as an overall guiding principle I find myself spending a LOT of time talking to attorneys and accountants which I torment because I only avail myself to them after normal business hours for no more than 30 minutes on weekends or for 20 min each in the wee hours of weekdays. They charge me for an hour anyway, but I don't care about that, which kind of flusters them that I don't care what it costs me. They are trying to save drive time and me money, but again, I don't care about that because I think in the long run, college is a unique experience and I want as normal of an experience as possible.

It is almost always my thought about college athletes that they should really think about staying all four years because as soon as they graduate, they will never again be surrounded by so many people their age and I'd bet that it's a shock to all of them that left early for "big" money, that the big money comes at a cost of some of the best years of their life and that once turning pro, they are just another guy on a team, because that's exactly what they are.

Stay warm. I've been tracking the super cold weather much of the nation has been dealing with and honestly, I had no idea that Nashville would or could get as it is right now. It's kind of crazy, but maybe I'm just clueless. It's currently 6°F in Nashville.

Again, thank you for your compliment and it's appreciated for several to many reasons some of which: I look younger than my actual age and that I'm often initially dismissed because of how young I look (I barely need to shave after 4 days) haha.

Last edited:
Hopefully they feel better. I went to try their burger, guy was leaving with a bag, and the grease was running through it. I told my wife that was a good sign 🤣, but I've been craving chicken and dressing, and they had it. We come back home that way from Cumming occasionally, so I'll stop again soon. I wanted to go to that game, but gotta work.
I like going there because Georgia 400, north of Alpharetta, on the weekends is pretty much the autobahn. Because of Alpharetta traffic, rarely do I get to go much above 40 mph so it's fun to take my Dodge Challenger and go 100-120 mph for a little while on the way there or the way back.

A couple of years ago, while I was there with my best friend , another friend texted us asking what we were up to and was looking to do something. When he found out where we were, he asked us to bring him back a burger and onion rings. It didn't occur to either of us that the grease would leak out of the to the extent that it did and it made a grease spot on his jeans and later on we found out, his underwear too. Of course me and my other friend made every possible, completely inappropriate (for this website )sexual innuendo because of it.

Anyway, I suggest bringing a plastic bag to put the greasy bag in if you plan on bringing it home or can't eat all of the burger or onion rings or you'll have a grease covered seat or grease on your floor mats.

Because you drive right past it, I suggest going to the Dahlonega Public Square and park and walk around. Parts of it remind me of the town square in the movie Back to the Future. There are a bunch of little shops there and 3 places where I like to grab dinner: Zen Ramen & Bento for Japanese Ramen, Grapevine's Casual Italian Dining, Pueblo's Mexican Cuisine or Spirits Tavern for American food (live entertainment on Friday/Saturday, fully wheel chair accessible btw) I particularly like their green tomatoes, mac and cheese and burgers.

All of those places are within a 2-3 block radius from each other and should show up so it's a nice place to go along with their shops.
Link to map:

Dahlonega Town Square

I like going there because Georgia 400, north of Alpharetta, on the weekends is pretty much the autobahn. Because of Alpharetta traffic, rarely do I get to go much above 40 mph so it's fun to take my Dodge Challenger and go 100-120 mph for a little while on the way there or the way back.

A couple of years ago, while I was there with my best friend , another friend texted us asking what we were up to and was looking to do something. When he found out where we were, he asked us to bring him back a burger and onion rings. It didn't occur to either of us that the grease would leak out of the to the extent that it did and it made a grease spot on his jeans and later on we found out, his underwear too. Of course me and my other friend made every possible, completely inappropriate (for this website )sexual innuendo because of it.

Anyway, I suggest bringing a plastic bag to put the greasy bag in if you plan on bringing it home or can't eat all of the burger or onion rings or you'll have a grease covered seat or grease on your floor mats.

Because you drive right past it, I suggest going to the Dahlonega Public Square and park and walk around. Parts of it remind me of the town square in the movie Back to the Future. There are a bunch of little shops there and 3 places where I like to grab dinner: Zen Ramen & Bento for Japanese Ramen, Grapevine's Casual Italian Dining, Pueblo's Mexican Cuisine or Spirits Tavern for American food (live entertainment on Friday/Saturday, fully wheel chair accessible btw) I particularly like their green tomatoes, mac and cheese and burgers.

All of those places are within a 2-3 block radius from each other and should show up so it's a nice place to go along with their shops.
Link to map:

Dahlonega Town Square
I agree about Dahlonega. My uncle and aunt live down there and it's a really nice area and the town square does remind me of Back to the Future now that i think about it. As far as my dinner, a chicken tender meal with fries from Hardee's.

Link to map:

Dahlonega Town Square
Thought I responded earlier 🤣. Very familiar with Dahlonega, fish up there a lot, and my daughter is in college up there. I like the area.

VN Store

Back