What did you have for dinner II?

One of our neighbors brought chicken casserole, green beans, and macaroni. Right after, another neighbor next door called my wife and said they were smoking us a Boston butt with slaw and fries. I ate some of everything😂😂, and brownies for dessert!
ALways heard them Georgia fans like to stick together

We were planning leftovers, but then I saw a post on Instagram by a local upscale restaurant that we love - meal for 4 which includes choice of meat (we chose two steaks and two pork chops), choice of quart of starch (pimento cheese Mac), choice of quart of veggies (mushrooms), salad, cornbread with peach butter, and cheerwine chocolate cake. On top of that when we picked it up, we were surprised they gave us a gift card for use when they reopen. Amazing! Leftovers for the next couple days!
MVIMG_20200321_183812.jpg

Brisket point I had sliced off before Corning my obligatory corned beef last week which ain’t really Irish but oh well. I had sous vide it for 36 hours (same time I did pork belly) and I cubed it and seasoned it well with citrus pepper and honey and popped in the oven with some baked beans. Think burnt ends with out the smoke since farm chores and ridiculous pollen would have made smoking terrible. They were quite tasty.

I’m hacking and snorting away from the pollen (I am pretty much allergic to the entire planet), but I don’t mind if it means that spring is on its way!

We have trees in flower, and some others with baby leaves, but I’m ready to see all the massive maples in our neighborhood covered in green.

VN Store

Back