What did you have for dinner II?

Had grilled pork chops, baked beans, and potato and onions in foil while still at my parents so my choices and ingredients are limited. Be glad to get back home lol. Dealing with hospice and interviewing caregivers today makes me want to lose my mind.

I went out in the backyard, gathered a small handful of “Spanish needle” aka Biden’s Pilosi flowers, some basil, some purple basil, Parsley, chives, cilantro and five ripe cherry tomatoes. Added a few black olives and a rice wine vinegar. Ate that along with a baked potatoe. Light and delicious!

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
Our plumbing is old and apprently possessed by some malevolent spirit.
Ahhhhh..... in that case I have $20 on the polybutylene piping that I had to have replaced in my last house about 1 month after the class action lawsuit closed. Seriously is it copper or plastic stuff? I wish you luck chasing plumbing issues, is only second to intermittent electrical problems as far as being a PITA😐

Ahhhhh..... in that case I have $20 on the polybutylene piping that I had to have replaced in my last house about 1 month after the class action lawsuit closed. Seriously is it copper or plastic stuff? I wish you luck chasing plumbing issues, is only second to intermittent electrical problems as far as being a PITA😐
Copper. I got it back together but the guy who owned this house before me is an idiot and didn't fix anything right. I need to rip the whole thing out.

Reactions: VolNExile
Copper. I got it back together but the guy who owned this house before me is an idiot and didn't fix anything right. I need to rip the whole thing out.
👍Well dang that $25 I lost on those plumbing bets was all I had left in my 401k.
I have used those words ( the idiot not fixin stuff) more times on houses, boats, equipment etc than you could count. Y wife would say most of the time I’m that idiot😂
I will say this I live in a house built in 1930s by the father of the 85 year old guy I bought the land from. Nobody lived in it for 5 years before I bought it and had not been taken care of for 15 years before that. We didn’t know if we were gonna bulldoze or renovate it since I wanted the 75 acres and placed 0 value on the house and several tobacco barns built in the early 1900s. After looking at heart pine floors, 16 inch oak beams, and sitting up on a pile of field stone for foundation piers I can tell you this house is more solid than anything I could have built Including my copper lines. All of that wood and stone to build the house was dug or milled on this property which is kind of cool too.
Glad you got it taken care of!

👍Well dang that $25 I lost on those plumbing bets was all I had left in my 401k.
I have used those words ( the idiot not fixin stuff) more times on houses, boats, equipment etc than you could count. Y wife would say most of the time I’m that idiot😂
I will say this I live in a house built in 1930s by the father of the 85 year old guy I bought the land from. Nobody lived in it for 5 years before I bought it and had not been taken care of for 15 years before that. We didn’t know if we were gonna bulldoze or renovate it since I wanted the 75 acres and placed 0 value on the house and several tobacco barns built in the early 1900s. After looking at heart pine floors, 16 inch oak beams, and sitting up on a pile of field stone for foundation piers I can tell you this house is more solid than anything I could have built Including my copper lines. All of that wood and stone to build the house was dug or milled on this property which is kind of cool too.
Glad you got it taken care of!
Well mostly. The house was built in the 50s and a lot of stuff is original. I'm gonna have to call a real plumber to come out and redo the pipes in the laundry room with pex. The piping was so cludged together I couldn't stop all the slow leaks completely. The fittings and valves all need to be replaced. It's a concrete floor and it'll hold for a free days worth what I did. But that's about as far as I got.

Reactions: bag12day
Ok after being duly and rightly chastised by @Tin Man I just wanted to make sure @JCHateSteve had running water in his house to clean dishes after his report in the whats for dinner thread:D... I am back home tonight for a day or two and the wife had brined one of our chickens raised and killed here on the farm. I roasted in a poultry seasoning with baked sweet potato and nice baby greens salad with sliced red pear and avocado. Everything other than the pear and Avocado came from right here .

Painted at bowling alley last night. So, had a bowl of potato soup with ham ready to go back to regular work with me to heat up and when I got there. Left that on cabinet, and ended up with a burger and onion rings and a cherry cobbler shake from Cookout. Guess I will have potato soup for lunch today.

And since I wasn't home, I did not get air fryer chicken legs.

Reactions: volwindy
you're always having something fancy, and healthy looking. And yummy.
Thank you!!

If you're the one who does the cooking (and deciding every night), it gets real boring real fast. But I love being able to put the pic here in this thread. It seriously helps my frame of mind doing a task that I don't particularly love to do.

Volnation is so good for my soul, in so many ways!

VN Store

Back