What do you guys think about the no huddle offense?

Not only do I love it, but I also think our elevation mixed with the pace of our offense can be a major advantage for our offense.

Not only do I love it, but I also think our elevation mixed with the pace of our offense can be a major advantage for our offense.

There's nobody sucking wind because of the altitude of Knoxville, TN.

The super hurry up is in need of serious regulation. Defenses should have an opportunity to play situational downs and get the personal they choose. Until it happens, Bama is not just moaning about it. They are practicing their version of the hurry up defense. Getting calls in earlier and having personal on the field that goes the distance.

Implying that Bama can't defend the hurry up spread is idiotic at best. Alabama has the last three of four NC's folks. If you are halfway paying attention, you should appreciate spread teams are a lot more focused on stopping our power, balanced offense. LSU, who is also running a power, pro-formation, is the team that has been the thorn in our side. Bama is running the hurry up offense as well. The different being, unlike these spread offenses, we ain't running the spread defense along with it.

We noticed. It's interesting that they are working to stop it, as opposed to trying to get it banned. I guess that's the difference.

Reactions: 3 people
I like no huddle, but not the fast version of it. I think the hurry up has a lot of landmines.

I kinda agree here. I like when the hurry up can be run at different paces. Sometimes just so the D can't huddle, but take a while to find a good play from the sideline and other times run it like a 2 min drill to catch the D off balance and tire them out.

Of course, if you don't move the chains, neither will be effective so it doesn't matter. I just like our offense to be versatile (so throw in some wing-t, I-formation, and option stuff for good measure :loco: )

It's not Denver, but it's not sea level either.

It's up against some mountains, but the elevation is probably about the same as Atlanta or Athens. I don't think it's having much of an impact.

We noticed. It's interesting that they are working to stop it, as opposed to trying to get it banned. I guess that's the difference.

As long as fulmer is unemployed it shouldn't be a problem.

Does this mean you have some idea of the type of offense you will be running?

The super hurry up is in need of serious regulation. Defenses should have an opportunity to play situational downs and get the personal they choose. Until it happens, Bama is not just moaning about it. They are practicing their version of the hurry up defense. Getting calls in earlier and having personal on the field that goes the distance.

Implying that Bama can't defend the hurry up spread is idiotic at best. Alabama has the last three of four NC's folks. If you are halfway paying attention, you should appreciate spread teams are a lot more focused on stopping our power, balanced offense. LSU, who is also running a power, pro-formation, is the team that has been the thorn in our side. Bama is running the hurry up offense as well. The different being, unlike these spread offenses, we ain't running the spread defense along with it.

If Saban and Bama are complaining about an opposing offensive or defensive system, rest assured their concerns aren't for the GREATER GOOD...it's to maintain their overwhelming advantage in talent...not flaming that mind you...I'd be suspicious of any non attempt at squelching this annoying thorn in Minnyme' s side...But it should remain a fruitless attempt...make Bama' s and Arky' s staffs earn their money and adjust to schemes they don't like...And quit with the beyatch "safety" bull...nobody's buying:cray:

It's up against some mountains, but the elevation is probably about the same as Atlanta or Athens. I don't think it's having much of an impact.

Floridas makes or breaks our season. We have about 4x the elevation they do. It could make a difference.

If Saban and Bama are complaining about an opposing offensive or defensive system, rest assured their concerns aren't for the GREATER GOOD...it's to maintain their overwhelming advantage in talent...not flaming that mind you...I'd be suspicious of any non attempt at squelching this annoying thorn in Minnyme' s side...But it should remain a fruitless attempt...make Bama' s and Arky' s staffs earn their money and adjust to schemes they don't like...And quit with the beyatch "safety" bull...nobody's buying:cray:

What difference does it make how he puts it? Other then his mere words seem to irritate orangeville, considerable.

The rules will catch up to the game, in time. Until then we'll just keep counting crystals until they can figure it out.

As long as fulmer is unemployed it shouldn't be a problem.

Does this mean you have some idea of the type of offense you will be running?

I'm not sure I understand your point, or your question.

Was that a dig at Fulmer turning Bama in for cheating? If so, do you equate stopping cheating to trying to have the rules changed because you don't like struggling against an offense?

I'm watching UC on YouTube now. I have an idea what we'll be running on O.

Last edited:
What difference does it make how he puts it? Other then his mere words seem to irritate orangeville, considerable.

The rules will catch up to the game, in time. Until then we'll just keep counting crystals until they can figure it out.

At WalMart.

defensive coaches don't like it because they feel like it doesn't give them the proper opportunity to make calls and substitute.

in truth, i don't think it's that big a deal. especially, if you have a bye week or time to prepare before a bowl game.

texas a&m played 3 top notch defenses (lsu, florida, bama) and the outcome was the same in every game. texas a&m did whatever they wanted to early and once the defenses got in gear, a&m's offense was held in check

I'm not sure I understand your point, or your question.

Was that a dig at Fulmer turning Bama in for cheating? If so, do you equate stopping cheating to trying to have the rules changed because you don't like struggling against an offense?

I'm watching UC on YouTube now. I have an idea what we'll be running on O.

You were implying getting something banned as opposed to earning it on the field. I thought we could relate.

Cincy O? And does the Cincy D come with it?

Of course Saban doesn't like it because Texas A&M offense gave his defense fits last year.

I'm for it. I will say that you need a good defense with good depth for it be effective in the sec.

Of all the teams who have beaten Saban since his reign of terror began at Bama, all but LSU ran some sort of spread. Auburn, Florida, Utah, aTm, etc.

defensive coaches don't like it because they feel like it doesn't give them the proper opportunity to make calls and substitute.

in truth, i don't think it's that big a deal. especially, if you have a bye week or time to prepare before a bowl game.

texas a&m played 3 top notch defenses (lsu, florida, bama) and the outcome was the same in every game. texas a&m did whatever they wanted to early and once the defenses got in gear, a&m's offense was held in check

That is summarily untrue. The outcome ended differently against Bama who the aggies beat. Their offense got better as the season progressed. I have a feeling the other two games would have turned out differently had they been played later in the year as aTm got better. The Aggies gave Florida all they wanted, and very early in the season.

You were implying getting something banned as opposed to earning it on the field. I thought we could relate.

You weren't thinking at all if you saw any relation between the two. :hi:

And it's pretty funny that you put "on the field" in there, considering what they needed to stop Bama from doing.

Cincy O? And does the Cincy D come with it?

You mean a 4-3 like many other teams play? Most definitely.

The question you didn't seem to consider is, "Will the Cincy players be coming?"

The answer is no.

Football is actually war strategy without lethal weaponry. The idea is devise attack and defense plans that stymie your enemy and results in your achieving your goal, which usually means a victory. To that end, you structure to win a key battle or series of battles until the enemy’s war making capacity is so severely compromised he either quits or is vanquished. You do not run out on the battlefield screaming about a battle plan being unfair because it’s too effective and you’re losing. Doing so makes you a gutless opponent who deserves nothing less than total annihilation.

Reactions: 3 people

Alabama wins because it has the best players, not because of x's and o's, the same can be said about LSU.

A team with less talented players has to find a way to counter that, the hurry up offense could help in that regard.

Football is actually war strategy without lethal weaponry. The idea is devise attack and defense plans that stymie your enemy and results in your achieving your goal, which usually means a victory. To that end, you structure to win a key battle or series of battles until the enemy’s war making capacity is so severely compromised he either quits or is vanquished. You do not run out on the battlefield screaming about a battle plan being unfair because it’s too effective and you’re losing. Doing so makes you a gutless opponent who deserves nothing less than total annihilation.

That was awesome.

But to answer the question...No I don't like the no huddle offense. The reason being, I don't think it gives our own defense time to rest. They can run ball control offense from the no huddle and I hope that's what we do this year. If not, our D will suffer. But if that's what we're gonna run, then I'm with it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back