What do you think about losing Florida?

How will you feel if we dropped the Gators each year?

• Total voters
You obviously can't read the clarification post. Go away.

Well, let's not let logic get in the way of what is possible and what is not. He shouldn't have to read 'the clarification post' in the first place. :good!:

Also, did you read the title of your thread before posting? It's kind of confusing. In my mind it read as 'What do you think about losing (to) Florida?' as opposed to 'If you could drop Florida from the schedule, would you do it?'

Reactions: 2 people
I remember when we didn't play Florida every year. For decades that was the norm. I miss the old 10 team SEC.

UT used to play Auburn and Ole Miss every year. That was more fun and more regional.

I do miss playing Auburn every year. That was a great rivalry.

But I say play UF every year still. No reason we shouldn't be swapping wins/losses with them on a regular basis. I think Butch gets it and will get us there within two years.

Last edited:
Wish I could have answered both ways because we should play them every year and I don't want to see jorts every year. Nor mullets (spelling. UF fan will spell check that for me) for that matter.

UF has the biggest redneck fan base population in the country. BAMER has the dumbest.

Wish I could have answered both ways because we should play them every year and I don't want to see jorts every year. Nor mullets (spelling. UF fan will spell check that for me) for that matter.

UF has the biggest redneck fan base population in the country. BAMER has the dumbest.

Truth.

:hi:

Let me clarify. I understand the Gators are on the eastern side of the division and unless the SEC changed to a Northern and Southern division or realize that Florida is actually part of Cuba and should no longer be a part of the U.S. then this will not happen. This is just for the sole purpose of how you would feel if you had a choice to keep the Gators or pick up different opposition (like Florida moving to ACC and the SEC pickup up some other scrub) to replace them.

Last time I was in South Florida, I believed I was in Cuba, so does that mean at leat that part of the state in now no longer part of the USA

The Florida/Tennessee game has always been a gauge of our talent, coaching, and effectiveness. We have to keep this game as it is, as Alabama, in our blood as hatred.

F' Florida and Alabama and those who disagree should be banned from volnation and from wearing the true orange, Tennessee orange!

Since UT is 5-16 against UF since divisional play began in 1992, it appears UT isn't very: talented, well coached, and/or effective.

Reactions: 1 person
Since UT is 5-16 against UF since divisional play began in 1992, it appears UT isn't very: talented, well coached, and/or effective.

Thanks for the stat, I wasn't aware we sucked that bad playing against those stinky gators & their :crazy: fans.

Just want to see the results of the view of our volnation faithful if we were to drop the Gators out of our every year rotation. 99 brought it up, so it intrigued me on the results. Comments are welcome.

SNORT!!!!!!!!!!!! All this post does is imply Vol-fear of the Gators. As if. . . .

Just want to see the results of the view of our volnation faithful if we were to drop the Gators out of our every year rotation. 99 brought it up, so it intrigued me on the results. Comments are welcome.
I'm for playing all teams equally over time. Problem is, the two division league makes the improbable. :twocents:

Its an open poll. Just click on the # next to yes and you can see the pansies

11thCAVVOL, 77' Vol, Defaultuser, eastnvol, Groundhog, jackaro, kiloVOLt, mscox75, nebraskavolunteer, Orange Swagger, Orlando Vol, oz615, slewfoot, tbcollier21, tennezz, TNRazor, UGADawg4Life, volnal..................nice to see a Georgia fan wants us to have an easier road to winning the S.E.C. East each year :good!:

Effectiveness is a function of talent + coaching.

I think we have often been out-coached during this span, even in years where we fielded comparable talent.

See: Manning, Peyton.

However, I say this not to dump on our coaches. We had very good coaches. They had Spurrier, who is in my estimation the best coach of his generation.

Here's a what if: Does anyone doubt that had Spurrier been Tennessee's coach for the same time-span as Fulmer that we would have won more National Championships?

Of course, this scenario would be denying a key rival their greatest coach, so the answer is pretty easy and sort of rigged to make my point.

I also believe that the Fulmer/Cutcliffe/Chavis unit would have had incredible success at Florida - winning one title at the very least.

To the OP: we can't afford to lose Florida unless we start playing another Florida-based team. That recruiting ground is so important.

i started a poll on the florida board this morning.

i will let all of you know the results later. i don't think there will be anywhere near the level of participation that there was here.

as of now, 16 votes have been cast.

The Tennessee/Florida game is the game I look forward to most each year. Other than this year (because of the Oregon game) we play Florida the Saturday closest to my birthday every year. Including ON my birthday last season when College Game Day came to Knoxville for the game!

I would never get rid of that game. And luckily, no matter what poll we put up here on VN, the game will continue as scheduled every year :)

would rather play LSU every season -- but division games are mandatory so - why was this even a poll ?

VN Store

Back