What do you think about losing Florida?

How will you feel if we dropped the Gators each year?

• Total voters
As for my personal opinion...I'm split on the issue. I enjoy UT/UF each year, but I also miss UT/Auburn. So, if either of these games were the norm...I'd be good with it.

Reactions: 1 person
I included the Auburn option, because I specifically said in that thread that I would exchange Tennessee for auburn in a heart beat.

So, I was trying to show that this idea was not "crazy" among gator fans

I get your point, and I'm guessing that IF the UT/UF game was no longer an annual meeting...Auburn would most likely be the one most UT fans would choose to replace it. Again...just my opinion.

Pretty much depends on your age. I was born in 83, so the 90's is pretty much my earliest memories. Alabama and Florida are my two most hated rivalries. Georgia is third for me.

Rather than drop UF, I would rather see the game moved back in the schedule...to November. Pull either Ky or Vandy into September so that the Fla game isn't played so early.

This would also have the effect of strengthening our November schedule right before the crucial end-of-season polls.

I get your point, and I'm guessing that IF the UT/UF game was no longer an annual meeting...Auburn would most likely be the one most UT fans would choose to replace it. Again...just my opinion.

And oddly they each have a distorted version of an ORANGE and blue color scheme...coincidence??? LOL

If the SEC went to 4 divisions in a 16 team league, it might make sense for UT and UF not to be in the same division.

For the sake of "rivalry"... I am a not a "old" UT fan so I would rather lose Bama than UF. I know it is heresy among some Vol fans but I hate UF far more than Bama.

Dropping UF off our schedule would be bad for TN football. It wouldn't mean as much for them because it's been so one sided, but for our program's regrowth , we need to start beating these jort wearing wankers. We are their Vandy for the most part. We haven't been more than that to them since the early 90s and before we can ever "be back" , we have to flip that script.

Rather than drop UF, I would rather see the game moved back in the schedule...to November. Pull either Ky or Vandy into September so that the Fla game isn't played so early.

This would also have the effect of strengthening our November schedule right before the crucial end-of-season polls.

You don't need the last part, of you're at the top of the polls and still winning, they're not going to drop you just because you're beating Vanderbilt or Kentucky (see the 2001 rankings prior to the SEC championship).

It can't be moved be to the KY weekend because 1) it being end of the season traditional/historical rivalry week, and that's when UF yearly plays FSU, which the league seems to respect as far as scheduling and the two maintaining and 2) a bit lesser but UK-UT is one of those historical conference end of the year rivalry games, kind of was placed at the end there for a reason

I also don't think the conference would ever move Tennessee to (the Vandy spot) right before UF's game with FSU, which I presume the league respects scheduling around that game (as well as UGA-GT, and USCe-Clemson)

You would have a perhaps better chance asking if UF be switched in the schedule to the week Missouri is, though...

I dont know how much college football id watch if we dropped every team we had a hard time....win the games and stop trying to avoid every tough game that cones along

Dropping UF off our schedule would be bad for TN football. It wouldn't mean as much for them because it's been so one sided, but for our program's regrowth , we need to start beating these jort wearing wankers. We are their Vandy for the most part. We haven't been more than that to them since the early 90s and before we can ever "be back" , we have to flip that script.

I think since UF has beaten Vandy 22 straight times and UK 26 straight times, Florida's Vandy and Kentucky are, well, Vandy and Kentucky

Reactions: 1 person
Let me clarify. I understand the Gators are on the eastern side of the division and unless the SEC changed to a Northern and Southern division or realize that Florida is actually part of Cuba and should no longer be a part of the U.S. then this will not happen. This is just for the sole purpose of how you would feel if you had a choice to keep the Gators or pick up different opposition (like Florida moving to ACC and the SEC pickup up some other scrub) to replace them.

Florida is NOT part of Cuba.
Only Miami is part of Cuba.
The rest of florida is part of Georgia, or South Carolina, or Alabama.

Wish I could have answered both ways because we should play them every year and I don't want to see jorts every year. Nor mullets (spelling. UF fan will spell check that for me) for that matter.

UF has the biggest redneck fan base population in the country. BAMER has the dumbest.

Hey, wait a minute, mullets make EXCELLENT live bait!!!

Its an open poll. Just click on the # next to yes and you can see the pansies

Funny don't recognize any of the yes vote posters (doesn't mean much though) except for the resident dawg troll.

Sounds good. When you spend all day selling consumer electronics and half the customers just want to know how to wire their subwoofers, you don't think quite as straight as you did when you start your day.

You work at Best Buy? lol

I used to do car electronics sales and install...

I wanted to shoot ppl at the end of every day. This is not an INFO CENTER for DIYers, if you want it done you can pay for it or get the hell out! lol

I remember when we didn't play Florida every year. For decades that was the norm. I miss the old 10 team SEC.

UT used to play Auburn and Ole Miss every year. That was more fun and more regional.

I do miss playing Auburn every year. That was a great rivalry.

But I say play UF every year still. No reason we shouldn't be swapping wins/losses with them on a regular basis. I think Butch gets it and will get us there within two years.
Plus you dont miss getting our azz kicked year in year out.:)

"What do you think about losing Florida?"

As a Republican, losing Florida in a presidential election sucks!

Amazing how some teams just have your number, regardless of talent. Since 92 and divisional play Florida has just dominated. Put's me in mind of Bama's ability to go into Baton Rouge for 30 years without a loss.

VN Store

Back