What do you think about losing Florida?

How will you feel if we dropped the Gators each year?

• Total voters
Keep the gators, but I would like to see the game changed to later in the season. October is always brutal, so why not Nov, with Candyland and Ky.

Well now I know who the pussies are...

11thCAVVOL, 508mikey, 77' Vol, BornOrange33, Defaultuser, eastnvol, Groundhog, jackaro, kiloVOLt, mscox75, nebraskavolunteer, Orange Swagger, OrangeDust, Orlando Vol, oz615, photovol, rockyknob, slewfoot, tbcollier21, tennezz, tnlizard, TNRazor, UGADawg4Life, volguru, volnal

Hey loser - read my comments --- LSU is every year is a bit tougher than UF --- even CBS no longer considers the UF vs UT game a marquee anymore

Let me clarify. I understand the Gators are on the eastern side of the division and unless the SEC changed to a Northern and Southern division or realize that Florida is actually part of Cuba and should no longer be a part of the U.S. then this will not happen. This is just for the sole purpose of how you would feel if you had a choice to keep the Gators or pick up different opposition (like Florida moving to ACC and the SEC pickup up some other scrub) to replace them.

Let me clarify how frigging stupid this thread is!! :the_finger:

i need to explain the whole point of this and what i really meant yesterday.

to me, i don't consider florida-tennessee to be a rivalry. one of the ways to test that is to imagine the schedule without each other on it. i think most florida and tennessee fans wouldn't go crazy if the game was no longer played annually, which was where all this poll stuff started.

it's not about ducking people or anything of the sort.

tennessee football without alabama on the schedule is unthinkable. florida not being on the schedule, maybe you like it and maybe you don't, but i don't think people would go nuts about it.

florida football without fsu or georgia on the schedule is unthinkable. tennessee not being on the schedule, maybe you like it maybe you don't, but i don't think people would go nuts about it.

that was essentially what i was trying to say. that the game is not so near and dear to each fan base that if it somehow were no longer to be played, everything would be ok.

i still feel that's what fans on both sides (for the most part) would think. maybe, i am wrong. but, that's what all of this was about. so, forgive me if it wasn't explained in detail

You guys are treating 99 like he's WacoKid.

99's not that bad, and he's not personally attacking any of you like you have been him. Have some class, guys.

Amazing how some teams just have your number, regardless of talent. Since 92 and divisional play Florida has just dominated. Put's me in mind of Bama's ability to go into Baton Rouge for 30 years without a loss.

Absolutely. Since Spurrier took over, no major program in college football has a rival buried so deep in their heads as Tennessee does Florida. If they'd hired another coach, UT/UF may be nothing more than UT/GA or UT/Ark.

Reactions: 1 person
You can drop them once we get to the point where kicking their butts is routine as a Vandy or UK win.

You work at Best Buy? lol

I used to do car electronics sales and install...

I wanted to shoot ppl at the end of every day. This is not an INFO CENTER for DIYers, if you want it done you can pay for it or get the hell out! lol
Crutchfield

Just want to see the results of the view of our volnation faithful if we were to drop the Gators out of our every year rotation. 99 brought it up, so it intrigued me on the results. Comments are welcome.

We aint---so why bother? Can football get her already?

I'm all for putting Florida on a rotating basis much like they used to be many years ago. That way, we have more of an opportunity to catch up with them and wouldn't have to beat them every year. Actually, I'd rather keep Auburn and Alabama every year and put Florida on the same rotating basis as we now have Auburn.

VN Store

Back