What does Florida week mean to you?

Was always THE game of the year that determined the season, particularly when Spurrier was there and we couldn't beat them often and he knew it and because they're in the SECE, it meant probably having a shot at the championship game. To me UF week was always bigger than beating Bama but just a little bit, now though that to me would be bigger to knock of UA.

Reactions: 1 person
Its just another game on the schedule at this point, we have proven nothing and until we do we need to keep out mouth shut.

I root for us to win and Bama to lose every week.

I would root for Russia against that trash from Tuscaloosa

You may indeed have hit on something, Can the Vols be the 1st to recruit Russia?

It's still a big game for Vol fans, but it's like an OOC game for the Gators, unfortunately.

This series always gets me excited and pumped in the week leading up to the game only to be disappointed more often than not with an occasional exception. For the most part, we have just had all kinds of bad luck vs Florida ever since the annual rivalry began.

I love this game even though we haven't won since 04. If this game doesn't get your blood boiling you need to quit watching football. GO VOLS!

I wanna see the swamp drained and a lot of gator tears. I hate Florida!!!!!!!!!!! I really feel we can win this year if the team plays a full four quarters and I will be very very happy!!!

Yep, it's Florida week for those in a cave or who have exiled themselves from UT football, be it intentionally or not.
This week, in the yester years, used to be "The Week"!
If we won,(which wasn't a lot) then book a trip to the SEC champ game., if we lost, it was back to hoping this team lost or this team lost.
With UT slipping down in the SEC lately, I feel this week isn't as big as it used to be, say in the 90's, where we always had a change going into the game, even if we didn't have the talent.
Now it's, hope we don't get blown out.
Of course, I always have my orange sunglasses on!
GO bIG ORANGE!

This week means everything. I hate Florida.

Florida week is the equivalent to Rex Manning day! (I hope someone gets this)

UT/UF is the game I've traveled to Knoxville most for. Two of our greatest victories came against them at neyland, which I was at both, and we've lost far too many times. The run game is important and anything can happen on Florida week.

GBO

I got that movie quote.
Lol my wife just said that the other day when I reminded her it was Florida week

46. I respectfully disagree. Bama's our most traditional, maybe even our most "personal" rival. IMHO, since SEC went to east-west divisions, Florida is our biggest rival.

Alabama is Tennessee's biggest rival. Period.

Most years it means the games before meant very little. I lost count how many years we would whip some mid-major or in some cases beat a decent team, and UF would struggle against a smaller team or even lose. And we'd play and blah......Of course this year we already got thrashed so it's going to be even worse going into the game.

2002 is still one of the worst years to me. That UF game was just atrocious.

The really sad part about it is even if we beat UF, while it will mean a lot to us to break the 8 year streak, it won't really even mean that much as far as the season. We're definitely not the UT of the past but UF isn't the UF of the past either. They're a lot closer to their old selves, but right now it's pretty clear to me the East is going to be won by Georgia or SC.
I agree that neither team are what they used to be.
But this would be a huge win for the Vols.
signature win for Butch goes along way. Something the previous coach didn't have.
No way we should talk about winning the East but beating Florida would still be nice!

In the mid-90s when I was at UT, you could drink with rival, visiting fans on the strip and have a good time. The exception to that were the visiting Florida fans. They rolled in on Friday nights and waved giant Florida flags and acted like classless idiots. The general asshattery of Florida fans was unrivaled when I was there. Made '98 so much sweeter. That's what I think about when Florida week rolls around every year. I'm hungry for some wins.

Reactions: 2 people
I guess I could sum it up with..
Build up, excitement, disappointment, aggravation, irritation , anger, and finally depression..
Then the recovery stages

My wife said it makes me very mean, so she say's please Lord let the Vols Win, please!

In the mid-90s when I was at UT, you could drink with rival, visiting fans on the strip and have a good time. The exception to that were the visiting Florida fans. They rolled in on Friday nights and waved giant Florida flags and acted like classless idiots. The general asshattery of Florida fans was unrivaled when I was there. Made '98 so much sweeter. That's what I think about when Florida week rolls around every year. I'm hungry for some wins.

Awesome! Wasn't able to make the game in 98 but that was sweet victory !
Al Wilson took it upon himself to beat Florida.
Wish we 2 more al Wilson's on this team.
Heck, 1/2 an Wilson better than.

VN Store

Back