What does Florida week mean to you?

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way..

I remember watching the 2007 game on CBS with a group of friends and we were dismayed that UF was about to have a 3 game win streak against us. If I only knew how much worse it was going to get.

But seriously, I have a hard time watching us on CBS in general. So much heartbreak and embarrassment lately. Getting drilled by Bama and UF year after year, the LSU debacle in 2010, the pathetic play against UGA the next week, etc.

last year was painful. distinctly remember a tweet the next morning that said "look out the window, vols fans, the sky has not fallen"

i really thought to myself "yes it has"

bright side: at least i haven't had to see a "feels like '98" tweet this year. and i only have modest expectations.... which will skyrocket if we score first or keep it close the first half. can't help it. i'd love to beat those ****ers.

Go Vols.

The Florida game in 2002 at Neyland was the last game my late grandmother attended. Her husband, my grandfather, coached football for years until he died at 39. They had gone to games together for years including during the storied 1951 season. She loved following the Vols and football generally because it remained such a strong connection to her husband and the rest of the fam. Florida week. :salute:

Reactions: 1 person
Used to be my favorite game of the year. I've gotten my hopes up for it too many times in the last 8 years though....

The only bright side is when we do eventually beat Florida one day, it's gonna feel good. Lol

In the 90's ..the week was amazing..This is the first time in 8 years on Thursday of Florida game week I have not gotten real excited by grabbing some piece of delusional hope thinking we might have a chance to win the game. Last year my hope was real..Drove up from Florida for a Daddy daughter Vol weekend...fantastic seats. Even though we lost..good to have some great time with my daughter..we had the talent...coaches out schooled in 2nd half..and that idiotic defensive scheme..I think Burton is still running

the game used to be big---it's not anymore---UT's been down for years, florida's ranked but not that high.

Boy I hope you're right. Still feeling the gut punch from Oregon

You were lucky...their punch hit me alittle lower.

:)

All we can do is hang in there. Yesterday this place looked like what I would imagine a ky football site to look like....if they have one.

question to me is how do u turn it around

Kentuck, Ol Miss, Vandy, Miss St and S Carolina (until Recently) have had the same question for decades, it's all about recruiting...plain and simple, Great athletes!

Lately it just means another disappointment. Picking the VOLS to win, but my heart is going to sink if I see Worley make his way onto the field to open it up.

I really hope he finds a way to play with confidence and make some throws.

Means I can goto AJ Gators here in Virginia Beach and order some fried gator tail, it is on point and would recommend it to anyone that visits this way.

You were lucky...their punch hit me alittle lower.

:)

All we can do is hang in there. Yesterday this place looked like what I would imagine a ky football site to look like....if they have one.

Something like this....
notepad_and_pencil.jpg

Honestly, the game hasn't been the same since Spurrier left. People forget that Fulmer and Spurrier made a rivalry out of scratch both by the teams they coached and by their coaching identities which were so strong. Now neither team has much of an identity. If Jones and Muschamp both end up establishing themselves then maybe what's salvageable can be salvaged and rebuilt but to establish a long running rivalry they better hurry up. We have a LOT longer history with Bama which is why it lasts through both teams ups and downs.

Otherwise, I just don't see the game returning to what it was. It will remain important yes but important like beating UGA is important.

VN Store

Back