What does Florida week mean to you?

Well lately it has meant we played two cupcakes coming into the game. So we all have high hopes. Then we get brought back to reality and smacked right in the face with a big fat L. I hope it means something to this team this year and they come out on fire. Us fans need a glimer of hope for he future.

It used to have a special meaning for the season. The upcoming weekend would revolve around game day and the experience and always looking forward to a good game.

Since the streak started in 2005, this game has lost some of it's appeal to the networks and to the fan bases on either side.

Lately, I haven't made time to even watch the game anymore because of the expectations of a blowout that usually come with it. DVR the game to possibly watch later and enjoy the Saturday afternoon.

I was born 09/20 so its my birthday weekend.So i make a wish and blow out the candles . Maybe this is a year my wish comes true .

It's amazing how true that is. CBS afternoon games are the kiss of death for UT. Surely even Verne and Gary are tired of seeing us lose over and over and over again during those 3:30 p.m. games.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way..

Yep, it's Florida week for those in a cave or who have exiled themselves from UT football, be it intentionally or not.
This week, in the yester years, used to be "The Week"!
If we won,(which wasn't a lot) then book a trip to the SEC champ game., if we lost, it was back to hoping this team lost or this team lost.
With UT slipping down in the SEC lately, I feel this week isn't as big as it used to be, say in the 90's, where we always had a change going into the game, even if we didn't have the talent.
Now it's, hope we don't get blown out.
Of course, I always have my orange sunglasses on!
GO bIG ORANGE!
Florida week to me traditionally was the week before I started hoping for 2 SEC teams to beat Florida before the season ended. That way we still had a chance.

Reactions: 1 person
It used to have a special meaning for the season. The upcoming weekend would revolve around game day and the experience and always looking forward to a good game.

Since the streak started in 2005, this game has lost some of it's appeal to the networks and to the fan bases on either side.

Lately, I haven't made time to even watch the game anymore because of the expectations of a blowout that usually come with it. DVR the game to possibly watch later and enjoy the Saturday afternoon.

We're 6-17 v Fla since 1990.... woeful. Not flaming or arguing, just pointing out that pain goes much deeper than 2005....

you must not be very old.

biggest rival = bama

always has been. always will be

Many feel this way because if u go back 24 years when the sec was broken east and west that was undrr fulmrr and when fl knocked us out of the east if we lost and a majot bowl. Alabama was down that decade so we ownrd them. That decade made fl our biggedt rival to many on here.

Also a loss to bama sucks but we would still control our fate in the sec. A loss to fl means we no longrr conttol our fate and need two teams to beat fl. Makes the fl game more important honestly.

Is this the worst team Tennessee has ever had? It's far too early to answer that question, but it's fair to say it probably is among the worst teams talent wise. I think all eyes are on Butch Jones to see if he can indeed teach and squeeze the extra effort and pride out of the players to at least compete. The Month of November will reveal much more of his abilities than October will.

Many feel this way because if u go back 24 years when the sec was broken east and west that was undrr fulmrr and when fl knocked us out of the east if we lost and a majot bowl. Alabama was down that decade so we ownrd them. That decade made fl our biggedt rival to many on here.

It's a practical fact. For us to win the East and even have a chance to play for the SEC championship, we, 99% of the time, have to have a better record than Florida, which every year except one iirc, has meant we have to beat Florida. We play Florida and will continue to play Florida every single year. As much as I respect the history and tradition of the Alabama rivalry, IMO, it's just no longer our BIGGEST rivalry. Hell, when the league moves to a 9 game schedule we more than likely will not even play Bama annually.

Is this the worst team Tennessee has ever had? It's far too early to answer that question, but it's fair to say it probably is among the worst teams talent wise. I think all eyes are on Butch Jones to see if he can indeed teach and squeeze the extra effort and pride out of the players to at least compete. The Month of November will reveal much more of his abilities than October will.
question to me is how do u turn it around

It used to be a big deal. I hated spurrier and I still do. I did not mean as much to me when we beat the Zook gators. I loved beating the spurrier gators.... Especially 98 and 01! GBO!!!

My favorite memory was my freshman year 1992. I believe the final was 31-14. I remember the pouring down rain and the thousands of plastic cups being thrown down from the upper deck. Also, it was nice to see Ayers Hall from the stadium as well.

My favorite memory was my freshman year 1992. I believe the final was 31-14. I remember the pouring down rain and the thousands of plastic cups being thrown down from the upper deck. Also, it was nice to see Ayers Hall from the stadium as well.

Nice! I was there. Sat in DD. Fun times!

its a disgrace to our university what they have allowed to happen to this campus staple. last i visited they were at least modifying the outside. hopefully they have put some effort in to restoring this great piece of american and tennessean history. window AC units in Ayers. :disappointed:

I remember 2004, being at the game, and we won, thinking "Wow...we actually have a winning streak over Florida". Also at the time that was 3 of the last 4. Considering we won with a tad bit of luck/good fortune, I remember thinking that just maybe the tide had finally turned and we were about to go on a nice 5-6 year winning streak over the Gators.

Then they fired Zook, and we've not tasted victory since.

VN Store

Back