What is the benefit of living in a "Red" state anymore?

Are you conflating two different things?

The folks in the road are deliberately blocking the roadway without any regard to the folks trying to make their way. I've not heard of any being charged with anything, but perhaps they are. I'd personally like to take a cattle prod to them.

With regards to the second, if they are, in fact, engaging with actively blocking access to the building, then absolutely, they deserve an appropriate citation. Someone blocking access to a building I'm trying to enter I'd personally like to take a cattle prod to as well.

But just protesting or being in the vicinity is not blocking access, just as if the folks blocking highways wanted to stand along the side of the road instead and shout and wave signs, etc. It is a public right-of-way.

Blocking someone's access is, by law, a form of Kidnapping as legally defined in most states. Technically, the protesters could be arrested. The city governments chose not to act.

This is what separates BLM from situations like Selma and the Civil Rights. Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights activists never went after anyone or blocked traffic, they did marches and in many instances, were actually the victims of criminal attacks or had their own travel hindered.

what about protesting in front of a building? You get a crowd big enough people aren't going to be able to leave/enter the building. even a government building.

You don’t have a right to block the entrance to a building. Someone is paying good money to run a business in that building

Reactions: Vol737
In Red States you get:

---More guns and Quick Draw contests...

---more religion

----Big trucks...

---Lower pay....

---a minimum 20-minute drive to Lunch at Cracker Barrel and Dinner at Sheetz, or vice versa.

---more trailer parks per capita

--more facial hair (men and women)

---lots of good 'ole boys in the state legislature

---a lot of people similar to those who attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6.

In Red States you get:

---more religion

----Big trucks...

---Lower pay....

---a minimum 20-minute drive to Lunch at Cracker Barrel and Dinner at Sheetz, or vice versa.

Never seen a quick draw contest in 35 years

Tennessee doesn't have much say as it is a Federal prosecution. Unless the state and the good people of Tennessee stand up and say "No. Not today" and are willing to back it up with force.
We just saw Greg Abbot set the example at the border against The Feds...

Never seen a quick draw contest in 35 years
I went shooting with a guy (was almost a brother in law) who was a Georgia quick-draw champion once (I have no idea who selects those or what, but that is what I was told...by someone else, not him).

Let me tell you, it is impressive to watch a man draw a .38 S&W snub nose and empty it into a ten inch target at ten or fifteen yards before you could say squat.

He did tell me that women have faster reflexes than men on average. He went to college at Auburn and would win bar bets with being able to "draw" (no gun, just his hand) before someone could clap their hands together. He said the closest he came to losing was to a woman and he never bet that again with a woman.

Reactions: Vol8188
In Red States you get:

---more religion

----Big trucks...

---Lower pay....

tumblr_nx99gh6Nc91rn7bzro1_500.gif

In Red States you get:

---more religion

----Big trucks...

---Lower pay....

What state do you live in Turbo?

WTF? Is Tennessee going to allow this?

4 More Christians Found Guilty Over Prayer Gathering At Nashville Abortion Clinic

They had been charged after singing hymns, praying, and persuading women not to abort their babies on March 5, 2021, at the now-defunct Carafem Health Center in Mount Juliet, Tennessee. The DOJ characterized the action as an illegal “blockade.”

The abortion business closed after a change in Tennessee law, prohibiting abortion in most cases. It means the defendants are guilty of trying to stop what is now effectively outlawed in that state.

*********************************************************************************************

In January, six other defendants were found guilty of FACE and felony conspiracy (for social media posts showing what they were doing) for the same Tennessee incident. Each of the six could get up to 11 years in prison at their July sentencing. More people are headed to trial for the same action.

After the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, President Biden formed the Reproductive Rights Task Force, a DOJ-led group that has increased enforcement of the FACE Law.
I went to rehab after shoulder surgery in that building. There was always one person standing by the entrance with a sign that would wave at people entering the parking lot. They were also usually older….late 60s early 70s….. not menacing or verbal.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
In Red States you get:

---more religion

----Big trucks...

---Lower pay....

Go fluff yourself

Reactions: Ttucke11
Because Red States aren't driving business away...

Newsome and the California legislature…..”we care so much about our people, we unemploy them!” Can’t wait to see the full transition to not selling any combustible engine automobiles.

VN Store

Back