What is the benefit of living in a "Red" state anymore?

Eh it reminds me of where I grew up to a large degree. A lot of the times the cops would just tell your mom and dad what stupidity you did knowing them and that it would be handled correctly outside of the judicial system. Win win.
But now... doesn't it take a village? All your children belong to me? That kind of leftist philosophical bull ****? Seems to be working great

I grew up in a similar environment. My folks knew all the cops.

But now... doesn't it take a village? All your children belong to me? That kind of leftist philosophical bull ****? Seems to be working great

I grew up in a similar environment. My folks knew all the cops.
Today is different I agree. So I’d suggest when you see a young man and proprietor like dink still embracing the “old ways” I think that’s worth acknowledgment and celebrating. I’d suggest we need more proprietors like that in any community. I’d bet if he finds a homeless person in the alley when he’s taking the nights waste out he probably takes them a plate or brings them in to a plate with no judgement attached. The community gets stronger when you have the proprietors engaging like that I think that’s all.

I don't care how much it is. If someone breaks something that isn't theirs, they need to pay for it. Period. They can work it off, or send me a stack of Benjamins. Either way, but they don't get to walk away. That is part of the reason we are in trouble as a society right now. That is why CVS is closing 800? stores nationwide and Walgreens is leaving California. Steal all you want as long as it isn't over $900. No problem.

I grew up in retail. They hurt my dad. I HATE shoplifters. (Yea yea PJ, I know.. not very Christ like)
I am a small biz owner. I'm telling you to accept certain costs of doing business. And to practice grace. It's important whether or not you practice the teachings of Christ.

I am a small biz owner. I'm telling you to accept certain costs of doing business. And to practice grace. It's important whether or not you practice the teachings of Christ.
You are a better Christian than I.

It's hard for me to accept other people being so irresponsible that TO THEM, destroying/stealing other peoples' stuff is acceptable behavior. I guess that's why I can't ever vote Democrat. Be a good person. It isn't that hard. Excuses of a hard childhood are just excuses though. That girl knows what she did was wrong. She took advantage of you, and the sad/tragic thing is that she has no idea how fortunate she was in doing it TO YOU. So she learns no lesson, the behavior as being acceptable is reinforced.

Last edited:
Do you have one that says people should be imprisoned for damaging a drinking establishment?

Where do we draw the spiritual, moral line that applies to "laws of the land?"
I do not recall one that specific, no, so that strawman is dealt with.

However, the way you dealt with the situation described does bring one to mind: John 5:14.

Kudos to you for how you handled it. I have only prosecuted a single employee ever. A truck driver I discovered had a drug problem and committed theft. I hope it saved his life, but don't know. Never heard from him again after he went to jail.

Do you have one that says people should be imprisoned for damaging a drinking establishment?

Where do we draw the spiritual, moral line that applies to "laws of the land?"
BTW, there probably is one in the Torah, but I doubt any of us on here would support the prescribed punishments.

😳

There are plenty of those. But that is not what I asked.
Is this what you originally asked?

Forgot that scripture that advised to allow miscreants to just continue doing whatever bad things they want. Do you have chapter and verse handy?

If so, then your first sentence is an exaggeration/misrepresentation of what @DinkinFlicka was doing. I think had the situations been different, the outcome would have been different.

Is this what you originally asked?

If so, then your first sentence is an exaggeration/misrepresentation of what @DinkinFlicka was doing. I think had the situations been different, the outcome would have been different.
1) No it is not. Go further back.
2) The response was only indirectly related to how @DinkinFlicka handled the situation and was addressing continued bad behavior.

@DinkinFlicka by all appearances is highly intelligent and successful in business. I have nothing to add to how he handled it, not that he would care if I did. Given that, if the lady had come in, destroyed tables, tried to set fire to the place and his response was “No problem! We’ll see you again tomorrow night!“ I might ask if he really thinks that is a good idea.

Yall are better people than me. I prosecute every time. Our Soros backed DA is going to drop the charges anyway....

Yes it actually was and it's what I answered. Is there a limit on sins committed before forgiveness is no longer available?
The very first letters in your response was literally "IDK."

Now to be fair, I understood that to mean "I don't know," but if it did in fact reference scripture, I apologize for not recognizing it.

Now to be fair, I understood that to mean "I don't know," but if it did in fact reference scripture, I apologize for not recognizing it.
Did he answer your original question or did he not answer it?

Now you are being prevaricative. You know exactly what IDK means.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back