What is the benefit of living in a "Red" state anymore?

It was posted earlier that they needed their life ruined. Not originally my words. That already happens with the justice system that people saying things like that favor. The inability to get gainfully employed, rent a place, etc had a very negative impact and follows one for life.
See? That wasn't so hard to explain after all.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Property damage has a fairly low threshold in TN to become a felony. I think $800 is a pretty petty setback to be paid with stripping ones right to vote and possible imprisonment.

I also think that sort of behavior stems far too often from being dealt a ****** hand for an upbringing. I support accountability, but I'd rather handle it than let the system run its course on a young, dumb person.

I banned her from my establishment. That's enough of a consequence as far as I am concerned. Society could benefit from showing some grace.
Andyou have hit on the problem I see with our criminal justice system:

One never stops paying the debt to society. Getting the title of felon once follows one around the rest of their life. And I think that is wrong.

Dole out an appropriate punishment and then consider the debt paid.

I didn't get in any trouble as a young man. I never damaged anybody's property. Never wanted to disappoint my parents with something bad.
I did. But went to the appropriate person, said I would make restitution and delivered pizzas for Domino's two and a half quarters to payoff $1500 of damages. It was definitely a felony, but avoided prosecution.

Last edited:
I don't blame you for doubting. I would, too. But it's true. My brother put mom and dad through hell with drugs and alcohol. I decided at a young age to be on the straight and narrow.
Well I was largely trouble free and never did anything “major” but I was the third of three sons with the first two being very feisty. Fact is my dad had already seen it all and I wasn’t gonna get away with jack 💩 And the stuff I thought I got away with I found out later in life I largely didn’t. Dad picked his fights as we are discussing here not every situation requires an alpha strike response.

By, like, I don't know, reading them.
My reading comprehension is fine.

I thought lives ruined was hyperbole.
I though make life much harder wasn't the same as ruined lives. I took the high road with his smart assery. And then, he managed to provide clarity. I gave a stinger with my own smart assery.
And now we get to discuss how you have an intuitive sense that I shouldn't need something clarified.

Reactions: tbh
Well I was largely trouble free and never did anything “major” but I was the third of three sons with the first two being very feisty. Fact is my dad had already seen it all and I wasn’t gonna get away with jack 💩 And the stuff I thought I got away with I found out later in life I largely didn’t. Dad picked his fights as we are discussing here not every situation requires an alpha strike response.
I was the last of five. As long as I was responsible, mom and dad were cool with me. I never had a curfew. Always called if I was running late. I don't really know how I turned out the way I did. 🤷‍♂️

My reading comprehension is fine.

I thought lives ruined was hyperbole.
I though make life much harder wasn't the same as ruined lives. I took the high road with his smart assery. And then, he managed to provide clarity. I gave a stinger with my own smart assery.
And now we get to discuss how you have an intuitive sense that I shouldn't need something clarified.

Yeah, because I'm obviously a g'dang genius and you ain't.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Back to the derailed topic...there would be several factors in play for me to bust a young person (21 yoa or less) down for damaging my property.
Value of damage, ancillary costs, attitude, and contrition are parts of what's taken into consideration.

I was the last of five. As long as I was responsible, mom and dad were cool with me. I never had a curfew. Always called if I was running late. I don't really know how I turned out the way I did. 🤷‍♂️
I had a feisty sister in the mix too. I was the last of four. Zero chance I got away with anything and I was smart enough to know it. I was also a sports jock in high school as well as honor student and that raised the tolerance threshold also, right or wrong, of what potentially got back on me dirt wise.

Reactions: McDad
Hush.

I'm 35. I've operated my own businesses before. Last year's venture is my first b&m.
In 60 years that’s something I’ve never had to do, make payroll. It adds a sobering perspective that I never had to deal with. I’ve had to make input/decisions on 7 figure situations but it was always someone else’s money. So props on that.

In 60 years that’s something I’ve never had to do, make payroll. It adds a sobering perspective that I never had to deal with. I’ve had to make input/decisions on 7 figure situations but it was always someone else’s money. So props on that.

Honestly I'm just too bratty and egotistical to make someone else's money for them.

You're 60?! Jesus, people live that long?

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back