What must be done to Unite the Country

Stop with the falsehood that absentee ballots that have to be requested equate to the "mail in voting" where ballots were mailed to the last address on file that was used in several states for the first time.

Each state conducts their election as they see fit. That is their right. Stop with the falsehoods that there was any degree of election fraud in any state that had any meaningful change in the election. Stop with the falsehoods that ignore in some 60 plus litigations in several states that not 1 claim of fraud was submitted in Plaintiff’s complaint. There was no such allegation because Plaintiff Trump knew there was none. Trump proclaimed daily, that fraud existed yet his attorneys could not allege it. They had no real evidence.

There is a big disconnect between the reality of 11/3/2020 election results and the reasons domestic terrorism occurred on 1/6/2021 in the minds of Trump supporters

Reactions: luthervol
Meh, I would just settle for living peaceably amongst each other. You don't have to like me, I don't have to like you. But as long as you dont mess with me, my livelihood or my property, I am all for that.
Forcing people to adapt certain values they disagree with or threatening people that don't think like you or do what you say is tyranny.

Are the discussions on this forum examples of living peacefully in your opinion?

Others have wisely said we need a “cause” to bind us together - - for example 911. We’ve just experienced an internal 911. Isn’t that a sufficient cause to make a serious effort to unite us.
Stop it... just stop with the hyperbole. Last week was not 911.

To those who might say we can’t achieve unity? I say “you’re right”. When I’ve got a basketball in my hands if I don’t think I can make that 3 point shot, I don’t make it. If I say I can’t I’m always correct. A can do attitude will be required to succeed at unity.
You sound like one of these right wing snowflakes that was whining about some athletes taking a knee. That is essentially where this is going to end up. Why does it matter to you if I like you or not? Why does it matter if I don't worship or follow the same values you have? If I choose not to stand for a flag or choose to wave a another flag, how does that effect you? What business is it of yours? No, we don't need unity, we just need common courtesy and respect for others. Don't bother me and I won't bother you.

Second and equally important is the need for TRUTH – truth is one required foundation for achieving unity. Stated a different way the telling of non-truths must cease. Who speaks non-truths ? Politicians, segments of news media, parents. In-turn their children (and in turn their children), special interest’s groups as a few pf the more important examples of a bigger list. The belief of non-truths as truths by differing factions fractures unity.
If you are truly serious about wanting to bring truth to the discussion, then you and the rest on your side of the aisle will have the opportunity right now.

Anyone born with a penis and XY chromosomes is a "man". Anyone born with a vagina and XX chromosomes is a "woman".

Also, anyone that crosses over our borders without going through the proper processes is an "illegal alien".

Lastly, the sun has significantly more impact on global climate than any alleged anthropogenic claims.

Separation of church and state. We broke from England with this as one cause. Religious zeal has found too much space within the power of politics. To those who said “one size does not fit all. I feel you’re right. But that includes religion, too.
I'm not sure where this one is going, but as an atheist, even I have to concede that we are as far from a theocracy as you could possibly be. If anything, we don't have enough religion.
Live and let live (within rules and laws). In my personal life I like to thank those who take time from their busy schedule of minding their own business to try to mind mine. Thanks, but I’ll ask for your help if I need it. Weed your own garden, I’ll tend to mine.
You post would have been a lot shorter if you would have just posted this. This is actually something that we can build on.

Re-access our laws. Each year we add more laws. Each year we excel at applying them non uniformly. Laws that are not applied uniformly to ALL are one key underpinning to dividing our society. Pare the list of federal laws down to key fundamentals that will be enforced to ALL, uniformly. A smaller less intrusive federal government would be more than helpful
What you are basically asking for is justice. The punishment and consequences should be equally handed down no matter who the individual is. That is one aspect of justice, but you also have the idea of not creating or enforcing unjust laws. The problem we have is that we have far too many unjust laws. They need to be purged.

Conservatives stated they feel disenfranchised. It seems You are not alone. Many segments of society feel the same. Does each disenfranchised segment recognize the same feelings exist in other segments? Yes FEELZ! If someone feels rejected by society do they fill their need to be part of something (the need of belonging) another way? Is disenfranchisement not a breeding ground for radicalization? We need to listen better and with more empathy to each other. Break down barriers of hate (a major project of its’ own) so that we actually hear and empathize with others. The feeling of being disenfranchised is probably the single most important issue. IMO
The simplest thing that would have resolved all of this election nonsense in November would have been for the left to drop their ridiculous stonewalling of having voters show a valid ID and to admit (that means being truthful) that mail in ballots are a gateway to voting fraud. This isn't some radical right wing talking point. Jimmy Carter said as much a decade ago.

This forum is somewhat of a microcosm of the inability of our nation to heal and unify.
I've yet to hear about a riot or the new term for 2021 "insurrection" that has occured after a VN post.

And if something actually did pop off, the solution would/should be to punish the individuals involved, not to limit or shut down the platform.

And yet that 10% still pays the vast majority of our income taxes.

We dont have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.

Stop thinking that someone else being rich is a problem.

Your second point brings something to mind — and this is coming from a place of genuine curiosity — we have data now from the Great Recession illustrating that the inflation rate was not significantly affected by spending that occurred at the time; TARP and ARRA being the primary examples.

How Bad Is Inflation? Past, Present, Future

This is not to suggest reckless spending, as I fervently consider myself a proponent of surgically reducing wasteful spending... just simply ruminating on whether modern economics require gold standard era austerity to counteract new spending. I’m especially curious given the precedent of Western European countries circa late 2000’s, and their suffering as a result of stringent austerity

Each state conducts their election as they see fit. That is their right. Stop with the falsehoods that there was any degree of election fraud in any state that had any meaningful change in the election. Stop with the falsehoods that ignore in some 60 plus litigations in several states that not 1 claim of fraud was submitted in Plaintiff’s complaint. There was no such allegation because Plaintiff Trump knew there was none. Trump proclaimed daily, that fraud existed yet his attorneys could not allege it. They had no real evidence.

There is a big disconnect between the reality of 11/3/2020 election results and the reasons domestic terrorism occurred on 1/6/2021 in the minds of Trump supporters

Actually it isnt their right. There are laws and procedures to follow and some states bypassed those.

Reactions: AM64
Your second point brings something to mind — and this is coming from a place of genuine curiosity — we have data now from the Great Recession illustrating that the inflation rate was not significantly affected by spending that occurred at the time; TARP and ARRA being the primary examples.

How Bad Is Inflation? Past, Present, Future

This is not to suggest reckless spending, as I fervently consider myself a proponent of surgically reducing wasteful spending... just simply ruminating on whether modern economics require gold standard era austerity to counteract new spending. I’m especially curious given the precedent of Western European countries circa late 2000’s, and their suffering as a result of stringent austerity
You don't have the money velocity or lack of faith in the currency yet. Plus, only flakes and crumbs in both of these stimulus packages (the $1200 from the spring and the $600 now) actually went to Main Street. And it certainly wasn't enough to push inflation at the grocery store or on fuel (lockdowns helped to drive down oil demand). Most of that counterfeited money ended back on Wall St with all of these Robin Hood traders or failing companies trying to paper over their flawed business for a few more months by buying back their stocks.

Fundamental economic principles will eventually kick in because you cannot fool Mother Nature. We live in a world of finite resources and infinite currencies. At some point, you will reach that critical point where you have an infinite number of dollars chasing a small, finite number of assets or products. That is when you will see the Weimar/Zimbabwe inflation that we all know of.

Last edited:
Lastly, the sun has significantly more impact on global climate than any alleged anthropogenic claims.
In the sense of, "If the sun didn't exist, we wouldn't have a climate," sure. In the sense of climate change, this "hypothesis" was debunked over a decade ago. Why are people so set on avoiding the blame for climate change?
I'm not sure where this one is going, but as an atheist, even I have to concede that we are as far from a theocracy as you could possibly be. If anything, we don't have enough religion.
I'm gonna have to debate that one. The US wouldn't even make a top 25 list of least religious countries. How are we "as far from a theocracy as you could possibly be"? Do you think a professed atheist would have a good shot at winning the presidency?

I've yet to hear about a riot or the new term for 2021 "insurrection" that has occured after a VN post.

And if something actually did pop off, the solution would/should be to punish the individuals involved, not to limit or shut down the platform.
My God man, I wasn't suggesting the negative discourse in this forum rises anywhere near the level of riots. There have been a few posts, clearly on the record, that have applauded the events of January 6. Posts showing disdain for members of Congress speaking out against them. "Bunch of cowards". "I hope they burn it all to the ground". They certainly are taken with a few grains of salt, but are clearly on the record. Like I wrote, " a microcosm".

I'm gonna have to debate that one. The US wouldn't even make a top 25 list of least religious countries. How are we "as far from a theocracy as you could possibly be"? Do you think a professed atheist would have a good shot at winning the presidency?
An atheist would have a shot as a Democrat.

And just because a bunch of Americans go to church or say/verbalize that they believe in a higher power, that doesn't mean they are religious or are true followers of a religious doctrine.

ok, fair enough- If a national corporation with offices in multiple states violates, let’s say, air pollution regulations then the EPA can file and states can join a single case. That partnership is stronger than if the same set of cases was stratified across multiple state jurisdictions due to states having their own unique set of rules and regulations... the larger corporate entity is going against the relatively smaller state entity instead of the federal and state agencies combined

Also, as I mentioned in the last portion of my first post, I believe states would race to reduce restrictions in order to entice larger companies to do business in their respective states, weakening environmental protections

I hate the gang up approach you are advocating. It’s akin to overcharging someone for a minor crime in order to get them to plead guilty.

So what if some states do reduce restrictions, the bureaucrats and politicians in that state answer to their citizens. What happens in the fed epa is they write regulations for a problem in x state that isn’t a problem elsewhere yet they enforce it. But they don’t even enforce they’re regulation uniformly even then.

An atheist would have a shot as a Democrat.

And just because a bunch of Americans go to church or say/verbalize that they believe in a higher power, that doesn't mean they are religious or are true followers of a religious doctrine.
I can testify that Ras is better educated on scripture than most that call themselves religious

You don't have the money velocity or lack of faith in the currency yet. Plus, only flakes and crumbs in both of these stimulus packages (the $1200 from the spring and the $600 now) actually went to Main Street. And it certainly wasn't enough to push inflation at the grocery store or on fuel (lockdowns helped to drive down oil demand). Most of that counterfeited money ended back on Wall St with all over these Robin Hood traders or failing companies trying to paper over their flawed business for a few more months by buying back their stocks.

Fundamental economic principles will eventually kick in because you cannot fool Mother Nature. We live in a world of finite resources and infinite currencies. At some point, you will reach that critical point where you have an infinite number of dollars chasing a small, finite number of assets or products. That is when you will see the Weimar/Zimbabwe inflation that we all know of.
Or it went into savings. We got less than 1200. Regardless, and this applies to some, getting zero wouldn't have altered our usual dispersion of disposable income

VN Store

Back