What Other Message Boards Are Saying (NC State Post Game Edition)

It’s not about that in my eyes and I think most would agree. It’s the fact that we are rotating 8+ guys in there and no falloff. That’s where the problem for other teams lie. The announcers touched on it a little saying the line has to do it for 60 mins. In those tight late in the fourth qtr games when you need a play, is when that depth will beat an oline up.
That is EXACTLY how Bama and Georgia have beaten us over the years.

We had backups in at the end and we didn’t give up a trash time score, or hell even trash time yards. Our defense was still hunting in the closing minutes.
those youngsters were hungry and motivated. That speaks to the culture this staff has been recruiting and it bodes well for the future

The ones who still say this are not familiar with it and don't understand it. This offense been around for several yrs. To the quote Spurrier, who ran a version of this offense, 'its just pitch and catch an run a little bit'. And yes there was no gimmick to the 2nd half run it down your throats offense.
OK. Spurrier called his office, fun and gun. He disliked the Vols preference for run and run, so went to Florida, coached there too.

People still don’t get the genius of Josh Heupel. It’s not the spread. It’s not the speed. What makes him special is his ability to put the offense in position to score. He looks for matchups and takes what the defense gives him.

This offense doesn’t look like last year’s team. Last year’s offense didn’t look like the year before.

People still don’t get the genius of Josh Heupel. It’s not the spread. It’s not the speed. What makes him special is his ability to put the offense in position to score. He looks for matchups and takes what the defense gives him.

This offense doesn’t look like last year’s team. Last year’s offense didn’t look like the year before.
We have an elite, all-time OC as our head coach and it shows.

Fans kill me with gimmick offense we rushed for 249 yards!

Ya I don’t get it either. Many national analysts have debunked that label but yet we still hear it. The only thing we really do that super unique is the wide splits. We also go quickly but a lot of teams are doing that these days. Other than that we’re pretty traditional. We run it a lot and don’t even have a lot of qb runs in the gameplan. Doesn’t make sense to call it gimmicky

Reactions: TennesseeZep
The whole gimmick offense quote is really rich considering the 3-3-5 defense has been considered a gimmick defense. And when your gimmick doesn’t stop the opponents gimmick, well obviously you call it a gimmick to discredit your opponent. JH flat out coached DD, simple as.

The whole gimmick offense quote is really rich considering the 3-3-5 defense has been considered a gimmick defense. And when your gimmick doesn’t stop the opponents gimmick, well obviously you call it a gimmick to discredit your opponent. JH flat out coached DD, simple as.

They got torched by Tennessee’s TEs.
Arguably the best TE with the highest ceiling didn’t play to my knowledge.

Not changing things up is stubborn and bullheaded on their part. CJH only took what they gave him.

You're spot on. We ran a lot of 12 personnel which is new for our offense. Offense adjusted to their defense and we decided to run it down their throats.
Gbo!
There's a reason CJH has been recruiting TEs like crazy. He's wanted to run 12 personnel more since he got here just didn't have the horses to do it. Now he does

Ten years ago, Tennessee went to Oklahoma to play the Sooners. I was just hoping the Volunteers would make a good showing. How times have changed. I’m expecting and will be disappointed if Tennessee doesn’t (in the words of Barry Switzer) hang half a hundred on them.

I don't feel bad about them. Nearly every fan of theirs sitting around us was a drunk and aggressive *******. The dudes behind me wouldn't shut up about our "fat" coach and then started harrassing my mom and my wife. Eff em.

Geez, sorry you had to go through that. At least we absolutely destroyed them. They can be drunk and obnoxious but that won't undo what our defense just did to their team lol.

That is a game where we simply dominated in the trenches. When that happens, that's how the game turns out. CJH out coached his opponent on the recruiting trail and the transfer portal for the last two or three years. There's your outcome.

Ten years ago, Tennessee went to Oklahoma to play the Sooners. I was just hoping the Volunteers would make a good showing. How times have changed. I’m expecting and will be disappointed if Tennessee doesn’t (in the words of Barry Switzer) hang half a hundred on them.
My wife and I were there and at the 2015 OU game in Knoxville. Good environment in Norman, OK. Should be a much better game this time around.

Ok this is getting ridiculous. Why are we comparing ourselves to a mid tier ACC team five years ago? Have some respect for yourselves VOLS!!!
You may be too young to remember watching. A couple of hours reviewing YouTube replays will remedy this shortcoming.

VN Store

Back