What other message boards (Tennessee’s remaining SEC opponents) are saying about Tennessee (bye week edition)

I really feel this year if we play our best (offense and defense) we beat Alabama and Georgia by 10+. In the past I thought we had to play our best to have a sliver of hope going into the 4th quarter. This team is just different and I don't see any other teams that just out class us.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
Everyone is pointing to the Bammer and Garja fans comments, but how could anyone miss the Arkansas fan? So much confidence coming from a fan of an average program.

-We get to show OU how it's done week after next. We should beat Tennessee.
OU will kill the BBall QB if we don't first.

I think the Georgia fans were being overly confident for sure, but I think there is some truth to their take on our offense. If we played well offensively last night that game isn’t even remotely close. The fact is we struggled bad. OL is not where it needs to be. Nico struggles a bit with quick decision making. That will get better as the year goes on, but it’s definitely something to watch.

I think the Georgia fans were being overly confident for sure, but I think there is some truth to their take on our offense. If we played well offensively last night that game isn’t even remotely close. The fact is we struggled bad. OL is not where it needs to be. Nico struggles a bit with quick decision making. That will get better as the year goes on, but it’s definitely something to watch.
So the guy has started all of five games is the first thought I have, the second is he only played about half of 3 of them. His OL has to protect him. Neither of the fumbles were on him, his arm was hit as he was trying to deliver on one and got completely blindsided because DD can't block at LT. Thought we should have had DD at RT and Campbell at LT. Anyway Nico didn't throw his guys under the bus. The bad passes were mostly throw aways and he didn't force anything. I can take growing pains in a win that he actually didn't play bad in. The mistakes are minor.

Some butthurt from the pups and bammers. Good to see. Bring on the hate! I never listen to the local sports talk here in Atlanta anymore but back when we were really good, they HATED Tennessee. It’s good to be back 😎

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
Most of the idiots in the UGA base are short term lol. The bandwagon grew quite a bit the last 7 years or so. I fully expect that game to be a war and some hits delivered.

Our offense is definitely a work in progress, but it's also worth noting, we've not been remotely tested this year, and Heupel has dialed break the aggressiveness as a result. We basically ran a conservative ball-control offense for most of the game against Oklahoma, even though that's the opposite of our M.O.

Arkansas will probably be the first team we face that can move the ball on offense against us. Their offense is good, 21st in the nation in offensive efficiency (in comparison, Oklahoma was 112th and NC State was 116th). Much better team than being given credit for and they'll be hungry for an upset win.

We're going to need to open up the playbook a bit in Fayetteville.

Reactions: StarRaider
I can’t find high quality enough morphine to come up with this take

Oklahoma exposed Tennessee. Tennessee will look good until they run into Bama and us

Kirby smart is a very likable coach, but all of these bandwagon bulldogs are pissing me off. They must be the same group that was Florida fans when Meyer was coaching.

Last year there was a drunk young man barking like he was 10 feet tall in Neyland to the point that people started turning to him to tell him to knock it off, stop cussing, etc. He talked **** to a man who was beyond retirement age and I still feel ashamed that I didn’t pick him up and throw him 10 rows down. All I could think about is that I needed to get home to my family and not go to jail.

Real Georgia fans know that TN has had their winning streaks also and that it will flip back and forth over time. These bandwagon yappers don’t realize that Stetson Bennet was the best thing that happened to them since Charlie Ward, and they’re both long gone from the roster.

GA fans are the worst around here. So arrogant.

I wouldn't say arrogant. More like insecure. Bama fans have earned arrogance and they show more class cause they've been there and done it. Georgia just reached the top so they're afraid about losing that top spot so quickly. They can't have us becoming elite again threatening their spot at the top.

If you notice the teams below us were honest with themselves while the Bama and especially Georgia fans were the ones denying the truth that we're an elite team once again.

Alabama
-Tennessee’s defensive line is going to make a lot of offensive lines look bad this year.

-I’m still not impressed by Tennessee. If Oklahoma could’ve thrown in that game, they would’ve murdered Tennessee.

-Oklahoma exposed Tennessee’s offense and we should absolutely roll in Neyland this year.

-Tennessee is a paper tiger. We’ll all see them crumble soon enough.

-I really think Tennessee is better on both sides of the ball than Georgia, I expect a much tougher game in Knoxville than I do against Georgia.

Georgia
-I’m not worried at all about Tennessee. They are one of the most overrated teams currently.

-Tennessee has a horrible offense, but good defense.

-Oklahoma exposed Tennessee. Tennessee will look good until they run into Bama and us.

-Tennessee and Arkansas will be a war and those hillbillies will come back down to earth.

-Stop the run. Don't get beat deep. A simple formula to absolutely beat the piss out of an average Tennessee team.

-The Vols will be a challenge. They can play defense and while raw, their QB has the physical traits and moxie to make life tough for even good defenses.

-LOL at anyone that thinks Tennessee is a good football team. Kirby will skull frick them.

Florida
-Vols continue to dominate opponents with so-so QB play. They’ll do the same thing to us.

-Tennessee's defense is way better than last year. We're going to have a hard time scoring on them. Their offense looks a little worse but they won't have any issues moving the ball on us.

-Tenn is going to kill us.

-Tennessee is really good on both sides of the ball. Their DL is deep and stout. Very envious.

-Josh coached his team to a win without humiliating his Alma mater and not having to open his play book.

-Tennessee is pretty good, on both sides of the ball. Heupel is only in 4th year there. They were in bad shape and their roster wasn’t much when he arrived. How did they get so good?

Arkansas
-Tennessee and Ole Miss look better than Texas - especially if Ewers remains limited through the rest of the season.

-We get to show OU how it's done week after next. We should beat Tennessee.

-The Vols definitely made a point to introduce OU to the jungle. The hitting in that game was crisp.

Kentucky
-It’s early in the season but UT and UT look like the best two teams in the country to me.

-We usually don't do well against teams like Tennessee. Too many mistakes on the back end. It took a few coaches that didn't work out, but they are a top 10 program again and will be a regular playoff team..

-UT has a good offense and they also appear to have a solid, if not good, defense as well.

-Saying good things about Tennessee football is almost painful....but that's a mighty good football team. Mighty good.

-Tennessees q-back is pretty good but he can’t protect the ball, twice he’s lost it because he careless with it. We should feast on that.

-Mark Stoops makes the same money as Josh Heupel. One team going to be in the playoffs and the other fighting for a mid-tier bowl bid.

-Josh Heupel has the ball rolling in Knoxville. You can’t deny it.

-The fact that Tennessee can control the clock or absolutely shred you through the air and run it up on you makes them the scariest team in the country.

Miss State (nothing I could find)

Vandy (nothing I could find

Reactions: StarRaider
So the guy has started all of five games is the first thought I have, the second is he only played about half of 3 of them. His OL has to protect him. Neither of the fumbles were on him, his arm was hit as he was trying to deliver on one and got completely blindsided because DD can't block at LT. Thought we should have had DD at RT and Campbell at LT. Anyway Nico didn't throw his guys under the bus. The bad passes were mostly throw aways and he didn't force anything. I can take growing pains in a win that he actually didn't play bad in. The mistakes are minor.
I agree, but there were still times where he took to long to make a decision. I was saying the same thing about Campbell at LT. That was his position all last season, put Dayne at RT so he can at least see the whiffed blocks

VN Store

Back