what will be Butch Jones' 1st upset / breakout win?

OREGON! I think we match up better than a lot think and Kelly being gone is going to be bigger than they think.

How awesome would it be to go to the swamp 3-0 with a quality win! GBO!

No. Beating Vandy would most definitely be considered an upset right now. Things may be different bye the end of the season based on how each team performs... Bright now it would definitely be an upset

So I'm taking Vandy

There's just no way the oddsmakers are going to make Vandy the favorite when we play them in Knoxville. They may have a slightly better record by then because of their schedule but our head-to-head matchups will be better.

I say we beat USCe since we'll be at home and have 2 weeks to prepare for them (they'll be coming back from an away game at Arky).

Nearly all of them if they run the football 60% of the time. Let the big dogs get after it in the trenches. That's the true strength of team on both sides of the ball. They are hungry for redemption. Take control of the tempo of every game and everybody handle their assignments and they will be in it to win every game. Lower scoring slugfests where the opposing team starts dreading coming out in the second half. There will be time for higher scoring once the roster is restocked with Jones' type players. If they do this right an upset can happen starting with Oregon on through the season.

My response rests on some conditionals.

I think the Vols will be primed to test their mettle against Oregon and make it exciting, at least for a while. Though I do think we could win the game, I also think too much is against that to be reality. If the Vols keep it close with the Ducks something happens. Team confidence along with Jones & co. coaching will have the team ready, and I do mean ready to end years of frustration against Florida. I predict for 3.5 quarters it's going to be a dogfight. Mastiff vs. pit bull. Me 262 vs. Red Tail piloted P-51. King Cobra vs. mongoose. In the end, we will win because Florida will simply not be used to playing a Tennessee team that doesn't know how to quit.

The down side is we will give so much in the Florida game, we might make South Alabama look better than they are.

I agree that anything remotely close in Eugene raises confidence and determination. We've already seen CBJ can motivate teams to do great things. I think Florida on the road, in the swamp, is where it begins.

I had heard from some Gator fans that driskel signed a minor league deal for baseball. Does that mean he is out? If so, the cupboard looks empty for UF QBs with much promise until the kid in the 2014 class shows up.

I would look to mid season before any major upsets to happen. By Georgia or SCjr, the qb/receiver issues will have had time to mature. I look for an exciting season (finally). I pick SCjr but with the new juco receiver, it maybe Georgia.

Hey, I mean, let's think about it. What does everyone fear Oregon for? Speed. But I read in Lauderdales quotes where he said we want to run 90 plays a game offensively. What if we can equally run Oregon the way they run us? What if we can keep up? I would say we have the talent to win.

Reactions: 1 person
Austin Peay because they'll be Upset that CBJ and the Vols hang 60+ on them!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Actually I thinks it's Oregon!

Being a Vol homer I will expect us to find a way to win any game that we are an underdog in. So the first upset I expect to be the ducks.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back