what will be Butch Jones' 1st upset / breakout win?

IMO if our passing does not measure up this summer CBJ need to seriously consider changing the OFF to a more power run OFF. We have the hogs up front to do it so it would not be such a huge change. I know RB Hill looked to me like he could get 3-5 yards every play. Would love to see a 2 TE set running out of the "I" formation again and just ram it down there throats.

And I also believe that the only way to beat Oregon is to Run the Ball, Run the Ball and Run the Ball. If our Off is getting off the field in 3 plays every time we have the ball there is no way our Defense will not be tired by the 3 QTR. It also helps to take the time away from them. The key obviously is to get 1st downs. JMO

alabama.

just because i would like to see what this website would look like afterward.

it would also be fun to check the birth rate in the state of tennessee for around 7/14.

Reactions: 5 people
My response rests on some conditionals.

I think the Vols will be primed to test their mettle against Oregon and make it exciting, at least for a while. Though I do think we could win the game, I also think too much is against that to be reality. If the Vols keep it close with the Ducks something happens. Team confidence along with Jones & co. coaching will have the team ready, and I do mean ready to end years of frustration against Florida. I predict for 3.5 quarters it's going to be a dogfight. Mastiff vs. pit bull. Me 262 vs. Red Tail piloted P-51. King Cobra vs. mongoose. In the end, we will win because Florida will simply not be used to playing a Tennessee team that doesn't know how to quit.

The down side is we will give so much in the Florida game, we might make South Alabama look better than they are.

I would take a win against UF and a scare (close win) against S Alabama.

Reactions: 1 person
alabama.

just because i would like to see what this website would look like afterward.

it would also be fun to check the birth rate in the state of tennessee for around 7/14.

This server would have melted into a puddle and you'd have to wait for a new hosting service...

I agree that anything remotely close in Eugene raises confidence and determination. We've already seen CBJ can motivate teams to do great things. I think Florida on the road, in the swamp, is where it begins.

I had heard from some Gator fans that driskel signed a minor league deal for baseball. Does that mean he is out? If so, the cupboard looks empty for UF QBs with much promise until the kid in the 2014 class shows up.

He's not out. He will finish his football career at FL. He cannot play baseball for FL though.

Breakout win will be Oregon.

the ducks get the year started off right by beating the ducks in a blowout 3 td win will make for a great year!@!

As far as an upset, depending on how the season plays out, beating Auburn or Vandy might get him an upset. As far as beating one of the upper echelon SEC teams, I think we'll be waiting at least until next year to see that happen.

I am thinking Florida...A possible close loss at Oregon teaches these guys they can play with anybody.

S Ala. Just kidding.

If it quacks like a duck, then it can be shot down by a Volunteer!!! OR remembers stomping us and they know we lost our offensive playmakers, so they will not take us seriously and they are also dealing with a new coach.

Ill openly admit to a moral victory over Oregon to put a curb stomping on Florida.

We beat Florida it sets the tone. The team will take it from there. They will have tasted blood and will find they like it.

VN Store

Back