What's the worst College Football stadium that Y'all have attended a game at?

Easily the old Orange Bowl in Miami...place was a dump when we played the Canes there.

I agree. We went to that game and my wife said she would never attend another game there ever again. I told her I didn't think we'd have to go there again, as it was going to be torn down. Not only was the stadium a dump but the neighborhood it was in was sketchy at best. I was glad it was a noon game. There would be no way I would have brought my wife and daughter, 11 at that time, into that neighborhood in anything other than broad daylight!

I'm a Georgia Tech fan as well as a Tennessee Fan. The worst stadium I've been to(mostly for NO atmosphere) is Grant Field-Bobby Dodd Stadium. I say that as someone who has followed GT as well as Tennessee since I was a Kid.

Gotta defend GT a little here. For an engineering school their stadium is really not as good as it should be. But actually up until 1982 their stadium was larger than UGA's. GT had a couple of poorly though out renovations (1985 in the south endzone and the recent north and east reno's. Being in a big city the stadium in land locked and expansions have been tough.

I'm hoping that after the Falcons get their new stadium, GT will raze the whole structure and play for a couple of seasons at the Falcons place while they build a new stadium on the same site.

I would also say if I were a Tennessee opponent, the seating in Neyland is not fun unless you have 4 tickets for 2 people. The atmosphere for big games is great if you win, I honestly think that seating has contributed to poor attendence the last few years (It's ok to sit on top of a stranger when you're winning; not so fun when you can only SEC wins involve beating UK/Vandy on a rotating basis).

Reactions: 1 person
Citrus Bowl in Orlando. Shady side of town and was tired of Spurrier sending us there. "You can't spell Citrus without UT".

The place is a dump, but fortunately, those running the bowl games in Orlando have been fighting for the city-owned stadium to get upgrades for several years. The stadium will get something like $180 million in improvements over the next couple of years. I'm just hoping for the day when we men don't have to take a whiz in a trough.

The people who are running the bowl games are actually hoping to improve the stadium enough to make a run at winning a bid to get in the rotation for the national championship game for the playoffs when they start in 2014. Orlando would make a great spot for it, although the shady part of town the stadium is in will always be such. One thing I can say is that there is no widespread issue with safety in that area among those who attend the games. Mostly, the folks in the neighborhood make money by parking cars in their yards or selling barbecue/food to people going to the game. They love the financial impact it makes on their own lives.

Liberty Bowl
Legion Field
Mississippi State
War Memorial

Worst bowl was Citrus in Orlando

Biggest letdown was UGA. Great tailgating, beautiful campus but extremely weak game atmosphere.

Liberty Bowl
Legion Field
Mississippi State
War Memorial

Worst bowl was Citrus in Orlando

Biggest letdown was UGA. Great tailgating, beautiful campus but extremely weak game atmosphere.

This might need a little further clarification. What's an "extremely weak game atmosphere"?

Gotta defend GT a little here. For an engineering school their stadium is really not as good as it should be. But actually up until 1982 their stadium was larger than UGA's. GT had a couple of poorly though out renovations (1985 in the south endzone and the recent north and east reno's. Being in a big city the stadium in land locked and expansions have been tough.

I'm hoping that after the Falcons get their new stadium, GT will raze the whole structure and play for a couple of seasons at the Falcons place while they build a new stadium on the same site.

I would also say if I were a Tennessee opponent, the seating in Neyland is not fun unless you have 4 tickets for 2 people. The atmosphere for big games is great if you win, I honestly think that seating has contributed to poor attendence the last few years (It's ok to sit on top of a stranger when you're winning; not so fun when you can only SEC wins involve beating UK/Vandy on a rotating basis).

I would love for GT to get a new stadium one day. I also wouldn't mind GT sharing the new stadium with the Falcons,just as you said:good!::thumbsup:

Every stadium feels like the worst after the incredible experience of seeing a game at Neyland.

Im gonna throw in Ole Miss. I know they have great tailgating, but the actual stadium is garbage and the atmosphere within the stadium is even worse. Put me to sleep and it was their opening game of the season on national television.

Their women alone should keep you awake. Their gameday atmosphere is truly unbelievable. You honestly can't go wrong anywhere in the South on a fall Saturday, but they're on another level.

With that said, the stadium is sorely outdated. They have some renovation and expansion plans. Hopefully, if their team starts performing as well as their recruiting would indicate, they'll get on that.

Legion Field

Legion Field is antiquated, with layers of globbed on green paint. But there is history there and atmosphere. The bowl is compact and vertical, so the view is good and the crowd noise gets definitely loud.

The opposite is Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington, my least favored. It is new enough and well kept, but the seating starts far from the field and the angle of elevation is low. I felt like I was a mile away from the game. Reality was, I needed field glasses to watch it. The architect who designed that one gets a big, fat F.

ECU games are a blast.

I see you are from Rocky Mount. How can you be a Bucs fan??? I went to Wilson-Fike, and my worst sports memory was in a game vs. Rocky Mount.
As for college football out that way, I'd rather go to a ECU game than almost any of the bigger schools. UNC facilities are beautiful, but I was taught to hate them because my dad went to NCSU.

lol. those really are the worst.

i have seen games at vandy, lsu, south carolina, georgia, tennessee, the superdome, the georgia dome, fsu, dolphins stadium, everbank field.

i have also seen ohio stadium but not on gameday.

i think if you have/had ever been in those stadiums i mentioned, you would believe they qualify.

i have heard that legion field, the cotton bowl, and the liberty bowl are complete dumps as well.

Hey gator I guess aint all that bad .cause if you went to Dolphins stadium you may be a fan and I also am a Dolphins FAN almost as long as I have been a UT fan . I HAVE WENT TO NASHVILLE 3 TIMES AND WATCHED THE DOLPHINS and Titans .and I also went to Carolina and saw the Dolphins and Atlanta to see them. i have been to Columbia, Kentucky , Vandy, Auburn, and been to both Bama stadiums to see VOLS. i also watched Notre dame play at purdue.i went through Miami to stay with friends at the keys and was planning on going to se the DOLHINS AT HOME AND WAS ON MY WAY TO THE sWAMP TO SEE VOLS WHEN cLAUSEN AND STEPHENS BEAT Gators but car tore up in Savannah and it cost 500 dollar to fix then we barely had the money for gas.

Vandy.
Orange bowl v Miami a close second. That place was a pos in a bad area. Didn't even have ability to show replays.

VN Store

Back