What's the worst College Football stadium that Y'all have attended a game at?

Im gonna throw in Ole Miss. I know they have great tailgating, but the actual stadium is garbage and the atmosphere within the stadium is even worse. Put me to sleep and it was their opening game of the season on national television.

Reactions: 1 person
Vanderbilt Stadium
Liberty Bowl.

They've prettied up Vandy a bit, and it's nicer than it used to be, but it's still pretty drab.

The Liberty Bowl needs to be demolished. It's hilarious Memphis actually tried to sell an NFL team playing there.

1. Legion Field
2. Liberty Bowl (Seating capacity is clearly not enough to support U of M)

Attachments

• empty_t607.jpg
    empty_t607.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 12
I'm a Georgia Tech fan as well as a Tennessee Fan. The worst stadium I've been to(mostly for NO atmosphere) is Grant Field-Bobby Dodd Stadium. I say that as someone who has followed GT as well as Tennessee since I was a Kid.

I have seen a game at Boddy Dodd, OK experience...however, I did get to see Pink Floyd from the 2nd row in the 90's at Bobby Dodd and it was awesome!

I vote for worst was the ETSU mini-dome. Seating OK, but hard to watch a football game in that sardine can.

I also agree with old Miami Orange Bowl. Absolutely awful, looked more like a prison yard than a stadium. One game I attended with 95 degree temps and 95% humidity they ran out of all soft drinks and bottled water at half time.

the longest walk to get to stadium from parking space was going and watching the Dolphins and Titans . i had to walk atleast two maby three miles.

Wherever Bama's home field is will always be the gaping mouth of hell . . . but facility-wise Vandy circa early 90s was just pathetic.

Cal's stadium..like hiking the Himalaya's to get up there....also have to take the subway under the Bay in Shaky town to get there....

GA Tech followed by the Swamp

I have seen a game at Boddy Dodd, OK experience...however, I did get to see Pink Floyd from the 2nd row in the 90's at Bobby Dodd and it was awesome!

I had season tickets at GT from 1988-1992 and went to Tennessee games also. I had a friend who saw The Rolling Stones in BDS in the 90s.

Last edited:
All Ill say about the Liberty Bowl is that the Southern Heritage Classic and Liberty Bowl bowl game consistently outdraw Tiger Football. Truly horrific facility and atmosphere on Saturdays.

the rose bowl sucks elephant di**. the parking situation is awful, the seats aren't comfortable, and you feel far away from the game.

the coliseum is cool b/c of the tradition, but remove that and it's also a dump

Finally someone has the correct answer. The Rose Bowl is atrocious. There isn't even a close second place in this category. The reason that it feels like you're far away from the game is that you ARE far away from the game. If you're sitting toward the top of the stadium you need binoculars just to see guys standing on the sideline.

Citrus Bowl in Orlando. Shady side of town and was tired of Spurrier sending us there. "You can't spell Citrus without UT".

I gotta say that toilet bowl that is Candy's stadium. Burke-Tarr up at CN is actually a beautiful and well though out facility especially for a div II school . Makes Candy's concrete crapper look even worse.

Reactions: 2 people
legion field---total dump in a dangerous ghetto
miss state---a dump filled with cowbells

VN Store

Back