Where do you stand on Healthcare?

How do you feel about the healthcare currently provided in the US?

• It’s perfect the way it is. No changes necessary.

• I like our system but it needs some tweaking.

• I like the idea of our system but it has gotten much too expensive and needs major reform.

• I think the format for providing healthcare is flawed and it needs rebuilt from the ground up.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
No. A lot is for admin in hospitals and doctor’s offices.

Doctors should be making house calls and nurses should be allowed to see patients without doctors.

They do, they're called certified registered nurse practitioners. Comrade.

So insurance charges $800/injection for knee gel shots. You need three shots. So that’s $2400. Orthopedic office offers “self pay” rate of $499 for all three shots. Where does that extra $1900 go?

To pay for the guys care that spent a month in ICU for <insert horrific injury or illness here>. The insurance is a spread of risk.

And every penny of that goes straight to the doctors pocket

You're right.. Talk to any MD, they'll tell you that what diminishing reimbursements from health insurers they do get requires a knife fight in a phone booth.

Providing shelter to those unable to fend for themselves is the Christian thing to do. Getting help for the mentally and addicts would be part of the program as I envision it. Sending illegals home or finding them work if legal and possible as well as bringing criminals to justice would be as well.

Variable cost of living across states would be dealt with by the private sector folks who had contracted to provide the services, which would obviously vary by state.

Is our current social security system sustainable without significant foreign immigration? What's your proposal for fixing the funding shortfall of our existing entitlement programs?
"entitlement" programs should only exist for the truly needy and only as a temporary solution.

You might want to actually see how the system works in terms of "providing shelter to those unable to fend for themselves".

Knoxville is a perfect example. KARM utilizes both federal and local taxpayer money to provide housing for selected homeless people that they deem as "easy to take care of". They rake in millions of dollars and spend almost nothing on the actual homeless other than provide them a room during 10 hour rotations before forcing them back out. They won't take those with mental illness, drug addiction, that are violent, or that don't have a state ID. So they don't actually help anyone do anything.

Because of our local homeless scam industry, other cities and states give bus tickets to Knoxville for their homeless to get rid of them. Thus Knoxville's homeless population per capita is greater than say Philadelphia. Throw in the additional sex offenders/murderers running from other states and homeless is one of the biggest problems the city has (along with the renewing heroin/meth trade coming from gangs from Detroit, Memphis and Atlanta).

"getting help for the mentally ill and addicts" sounds nice too, but many refuse to want help and you will end up having to FORCE them and jail them anyway to do so...

"finding illegals work" sounds naive because they can't work legally and pay taxes without fraud, AND if you find them under the table work, you are putting them at risk for exploitation.

What you have are nice feelings, but nothing practical in the real world.

To pay for the guys care that spent a month in ICU for <insert horrific injury or illness here>. The insurance is a spread of risk.
That makes no sense and you know it. So insurance charges 3x the self pay rate of a single injection set to “spread the risk”?

You’re contending they Jack the price of cheaper treatments to subsidize the really expensive ones?

Doesn't most insurance payment agreements with providers mirror that of medicare/medicaid?

How much can we lower healthcare costs if we eliminate advertisements? Why do they advertise drugs to consumers that can only be dispensed by doctors? Why are drug reps allowed to fund lunch for most doctor offices? So many questions, so few answers.

Reactions: TOUCHDOWN!!TN
Darn single payer system, removing exclusivity in access and healthcare expense related bankruptcies... just gonna screw everything up. Lol
So on this. Health care is not a right. It’s a service. People are responsible for their own outcomes. Not the government

Reactions: Rickyvol77
*checks constitution*
Nope I’ll stand pat I know I’m right.
The constitution does not equal personal beliefs, unless you prefer to forfeit your personal beliefs to the words of other men.

Die on the hill of healthcare exclusivity though, future generations will read about that POV with proper distain just like they read about Jim Crow laws or WWII internment camps for the Japanese.

So on this. Health care is not a right. It’s a service. People are responsible for their own outcomes. Not the government
I'm sorry, but healthcare is a right in this country as each and every person is given healthcare when they need it. The government doesn't dole out healthcare, only money.

The constitution does not equal personal beliefs, unless you prefer to forfeit your personal beliefs to the words of other men.

Die on the hill of healthcare exclusivity though, future generations will read about that POV with proper distain just like they read about Jim Crow laws or WWII internment camps for the Japanese.
You’re allowed to believe what you want. But healthcare is not a protected right. It’s necessary but it isn’t a protected right. You know the difference... right?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I'm sorry, but healthcare is a right in this country as each and every person is given healthcare when they need it. The government doesn't dole out healthcare, only money.
Nope it isn’t a right. Like I said it’s necessary but it isn’t a right. Which I why I have always made it a priority to have good healthcare benefits.

The government is not required to provide healthcare.

You’re allowed to believe what you want. But healthcare is not a protected right. It’s necessary but it isn’t a protected right. You know the difference... right?
I didn’t say it was a “protected” right, you just now interjected that term. I said you are in the small minority in believing that it is not a right, which is correct.

Nope it isn’t a right. Like I said it’s necessary but it isn’t a right. Which I why I have always made it a priority to have good healthcare benefits.

The government is not required to provide healthcare.
So who decides when someone is sick whether they get treated or not? You?, the government? your neighbor? Are you willing to bankrupt yourself to provide healthcare for an uninsured relative? I for the life of me don't understand the thought processes of people like you.

So who decides when someone is sick whether they get treated or not? You?, the government? your neighbor? Are you willing to bankrupt yourself to provide healthcare for an uninsured relative? I for the life of me don't understand the thought processes of people like you.
I’ll be happy to explain.
It’s not a right.
SHOULD we work to make sure everyone has access to healthcare and affordability? Yes.

VN Store

Back