Where do you stand on Healthcare?

How do you feel about the healthcare currently provided in the US?

• It’s perfect the way it is. No changes necessary.

• I like our system but it needs some tweaking.

• I like the idea of our system but it has gotten much too expensive and needs major reform.

• I think the format for providing healthcare is flawed and it needs rebuilt from the ground up.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

I've paid 100% of my group health premiums for my business for long before the ACA. It's gone up every year while benefits go down. My group has been through Humana, United and BCBS like Moe's burrito through my gut.

The ACA didn't help, but it damn sure wasn't the cause.

I've paid 100% of my group health premiums for my business for long before the ACA. It's gone up every year while benefits go down. My group has been through Humana, United and BCBS like Moe's burrito through my gut.
Ours actually plateaued for a couple of years before ACA hit. Then they took off screaming. Yours was a constant rate? Maybe FLA vs TX difference?

Reactions: ajvol01 and hog88
Brilliant. You lumped 168 million as paying the same amount when that’s not how taxes work.
The bottom 90 (including the 44% who dont pay at all) pay about 30% of total income tax revenue. That's about a trillion dollars. You take off the top 10% of the 168 million paying taxes and that leaves approx 152 million paying a trillion bucks. That's still 7k someone in my tax bracket is paying.

Again not saving me money. Or pretty much anyone in my demographic.

The only people it helps are those not paying taxes or those with incredibly high insurance prices. That pushes a lot more people to the margins than already there.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Ours actually plateaued for a couple of years before ACA hit. Then they took off screaming. Yours was a constant rate? Maybe FLA vs TX difference?

It's always been up, year after year. Some years worse than others but always up.

It's always been up, year after year. Some years worse than others but always up.
Huh. Seriously ours had kinda leveled off. Not saying they would have stayed that way. The thing I wish I had done earlier was going to an HSA. On the old plan I didn’t manage my cost. With the HSA I wind up spending less on my plan and actually have a savings to draw on if I have costs. I probably spent less than $500 last year on costs outside my plan costs I bet. This year I will Max my out of pocket. But... with the HSA savings for the last 5 years I didn’t even notice it. And I paid a chunk of the wife’s costs last year out of my HSA. Wish I had done it before

Reactions: ajvol01
The bottom 90 (including the 44% who dont pay at all) pay about 30% of total income tax revenue. That's about a trillion dollars. You take off the top 10% of the 168 million paying taxes and that leaves approx 152 million paying a trillion bucks. That's still 7k someone in my tax bracket is paying.

Again not saving me money. Or pretty much anyone in my demographic.

The only people it helps are those not paying taxes or those with incredibly high insurance prices. That pushes a lot more people to the margins than already there.
Bingo. You just summarized in that last paragraph why he keeps ignoring plan costs... just like Bernie.

Thanks Obama. I enjoyed paying 5% before ACA jacked up my costs across the board.
It was an average of about $8,500 in 2010. With a median household income of about $49,000, thats just over 17%.

In 2008 the average spent on healthcare was about 15%.

Healthcare and higher ed suffer from many of the same problems. Go figure.

If the shoe fits.

Maybe you could show up at my business next and tell me how much you're OK with me making. You'd be right at home in the motherland, comrade.
Haha you making money off a 200% mark up from insurance? At minimum?

So insurance charges $800/injection for knee gel shots. You need three shots. So that’s $2400. Orthopedic office offers “self pay” rate of $499 for all three shots. Where does that extra $1900 go?

I'd reorganize our entitlement programs. Instead of a pension style soc sec program, I'd convert it into a savings plan, and then use that money to establish a minimum basic standard of living for everyone. At least that's how I'd do it in theory. I dont think the numbers are available publicly to see if it would actually work. Instead of single payer, I'd use subsidies and contracts with private companies with open bidding, cost controls, etc.
Except standard of living costs are different for every state. And what about the fact that 85% of homeless are either drug addicts, mentally ill, or criminals/sex offenders running from extradition?

Except standard of living costs are different for every state. And what about the fact that 85% of homeless are either drug addicts, mentally ill, or criminals/sex offenders running from extradition?
Providing shelter to those unable to fend for themselves is the Christian thing to do. Getting help for the mentally and addicts would be part of the program as I envision it. Sending illegals home or finding them work if legal and possible as well as bringing criminals to justice would be as well.

Variable cost of living across states would be dealt with by the private sector folks who had contracted to provide the services, which would obviously vary by state.

Is our current social security system sustainable without significant foreign immigration? What's your proposal for fixing the funding shortfall of our existing entitlement programs?

VN Store

Back