Where to find the Vols on TV

If it is a local station you should be able to. Most local stations broadcast HD over the air now.

For awhile DirectTV, which I have, wouldn't carry CBS and I picked it up over the air on my TV in HD. You would just need to buy an HD antenna (or just a directional UHF) and point the antenna in the direction of the tower.

You can use this site to see what heading you point your antenna. Just type in your address and it will tell you what direction to point it in your living room:

AntennaWeb - Home

Once set up, scan your TV for the HD channels. Most will come up as *.1. For instance, if the local station is 19, the TV will find 19.1, 19.2, as the HD channel.

Using the site above, the entire process should take about 5 min and the cost of an antenna (~$10).

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. Will be buying an antennae tomorrow

Is there a place i can watch it near the University of Alabama Huntsville? Could i watch it on ESPN 3? Im from TN and will be down there for a baseball tournament

Local SEC affiliate down here is FOX channel 54. As long as the bama/auburn games aren't on you shouldn't have no problem requesting it at any local sport bars. Even then they will usually change 1 TV for you.

Thank CBS & WVLT for deciding that some sissy tennis match is more important than Vol Football. They call themself the "official television station of the Vols." the Vols need to switch stations! Rick Russo should be embarrassed.

WVLT has no choice in the matter. That's why it's offered on MVLT which is their sister channel.

I just switched to Uverse about a month ago, and so far I had loved it. This is pretty infuriating.
Quite a few games will be on MYVLT this season, too.

Same here. If ya'll are in Knoxville why don't you go out and actually support the damn team

Simmer down there, fella.
If we are on this board, we clearly love the Vols. It's easy to be judgmental when you don't know what you're talking about. Some people may not be able to afford it right now. Some people may have to work.
I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We got a sitter last week so we could go to the game, but I was hoping to actually spend some weekend time with my kids this weekend.
How about you move from Texas to Knoxville so you can support the damn team?
See...sounds pretty ignorant, right?

Reactions: 2 people
I just switched to Uverse about a month ago, and so far I had loved it. This is pretty infuriating.
Quite a few games will be on MYVLT this season, too.

You could try espn3 but my guess is blacked out. It sucks for sure.

Just checked, and it's not blacked out. Got a friend to give me his Comcast log in, so I'll jsut do that from my laptop!
Crisis averted.

Just checked, and it's not blacked out. Got a friend to give me his Comcast log in, so I'll jsut do that from my laptop!
Crisis averted.

Sweet roll, but a real fan would leave the kids locked in the house with water milk n cookies and go to the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I want to watch it on espn3 because ill be at work but they installed a stupid web filter last week and its blocked. Fml

its on MYTV30 like WUXP in nashville. It's on dish I know. Idk what channel that is on Direct though.

FWIW, call and inform Uverse you'll have to think about switching your service if they can't provide the channel that will carry a lot of Tennessee (and other SEC) football and basketball games.

They'll pick it up if they catch enough heat for it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back