Where to find the Vols on TV

Is there a place i can watch it near the University of Alabama Huntsville? Could i watch it on ESPN 3? Im from TN and will be down there for a baseball tournament

Is there a place i can watch it near the University of Alabama Huntsville? Could i watch it on ESPN 3? Im from TN and will be down there for a baseball tournament

There's a Huntsville affiliate for SEC Network.

Do any uverse subscribers know if the game will be on? With there being no wvlt on uverse I'm not seeing it right now. This could be a deal breaker for me.

It is showing on the channel that carries the SEC network here in TX

It is showing on the channel that carries the SEC network here in TX

Unfortunately, in the knoxville area, the sec network is a branch network called myvlt which isn't carried by uverse. I'm not seeing the Oregon game right now either. Wtf

Thank CBS & WVLT for deciding that some sissy tennis match is more important than Vol Football. They call themself the "official television station of the Vols." the Vols need to switch stations! Rick Russo should be embarrassed.

Reactions: 1 person
this leads to my next question. if i buy a digitalHD antennae, will I be able to get myvlt in the Knoxville area?

this leads to my next question. if i buy a digitalHD antennae, will I be able to get myvlt in the Knoxville area?

If it is a local station you should be able to. Most local stations broadcast HD over the air now.

For awhile DirectTV, which I have, wouldn't carry CBS and I picked it up over the air on my TV in HD. You would just need to buy an HD antenna (or just a directional UHF) and point the antenna in the direction of the tower.

You can use this site to see what heading you point your antenna. Just type in your address and it will tell you what direction to point it in your living room:

AntennaWeb - Home

Once set up, scan your TV for the HD channels. Most will come up as *.1. For instance, if the local station is 19, the TV will find 19.1, 19.2, as the HD channel.

Using the site above, the entire process should take about 5 min and the cost of an antenna (~$10).

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 people
As a side note, when I had box cable I preferred to use the antenna method for over the air local programming in HD. The signal isn't compressed like it is with most cable providers and it is about as clear as HD can get.

VN Store

Back