Who will be the best pro WR?

Who will be the best pro WR

• Total voters
CP was basically a freshmen, his first year in the system, he got 1/20th the practices in that the rest of the WR did.

Do you know how big a play book is for a D1 school?

I don't get it, You guys act like CP was a 3 year starter and is mentally challenged and just couldn't understand his routes.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are talking just WR, it's definitely DR. He has everything needed to be a great one.

JH will be a good stretch the field type, think Alvin Harper in Dallas. The key to him is, was he playing not to get hurt or did the injury really mess with his head?

CP is a wildcard, he polishes his route running and learns the Playbook he can be a top 5 guy. He doesn't a he will make a nice career being a return guy with the occasional big play on offense.

Personally I can't wait to see all 3 guys in the league.

Not to rain on your Rogers lovefest, but there was no question at all that Hunter was the better and more productive receiver up until his torn ACL.

Rogers has been better all along. With multiple games with Worley and Simms, Rogers still had more yards per catch and the same amount of TDs.

The fact of the matter is that Hunter is only good in one facet, the deep threat. Rogers can literally play any receiver position and beat out everyone else on almost every depth chart.

Rogers has been better all along. With multiple games with Worley and Simms, Rogers still had more yards per catch and the same amount of TDs.

Hunter had 22 yards per catch at that point in his career, so I have no idea what you're looking at. Or maybe you missed the part where I said "up until Hunter tore his ACL."

The fact of the matter is that Hunter is only good in one facet, the deep threat. Rogers can literally play any receiver position and beat out everyone else on almost every depth chart.

Too bad he won't get to pad his stats against MTSU in the League.

2 different types of receivers. One was going to make the tough catch in traffic and move the chains, the other was gonna get you a huge deep play. The absolute perfect compliment to each other. It only sucks that they didn't get a complete season together as options 1a and 1b.

Hunter had 22 yards per catch at that point in his career, so I have no idea what you're looking at. Or maybe you missed the part where I said "up until Hunter tore his ACL."

I'm saying that in a season where he played 5 games with either Simms or Worley under center, he outplayed Hunter this season. Hunter didn't have a huge YPC because he was an amazing receiver, but because he was the deep threat. Plus he had that tipped ball for the 80 yard TD against Ole Miss to bolster his stats.

cp is the next ashley lelie. dude just cant run a route.

hunter and rogers will be studs

Disagree about the Lelie comparison. Worst case scenario (barring injury, etc.) he will be similar to Devin Hester and have a very productive return man career sprinkled in with some highlights as a receiver. Best case scenario if he really learns to run routes..... Look out.

Hunter will probably be good at stretching the field.

Not sure where Darick is projected but if he could be had in the 3rd or 4th round then THAT would be a steal. I hope and believe that he as matured and realizes his mistakes will cost him millions, kinda like I believe Honey Badger has realized the same.

If I had to rank based off where they are right now purely as WRs??

1. DR
2. CP
3. JH

All three have the potential and athletic ability to be all pros though.

*Edit...... I do think JH was "cruising" this past season to avoid injury, a la Jamal Lewis, so he may just surprise everyone if he decides to REALLY turn it on.

Last edited:
Disagree about the Lelie comparison. Worst case scenario (barring injury, etc.) he will be similar to Devin Hester and have a very productive return man career sprinkled in with some highlights as a receiver. Best case scenario if he really learns to run routes..... Look out.

Hunter will probably be good at stretching the field.

Not sure where Darick is projected but if he could be had in the 3rd or 4th round then THAT would be a steal. I hope and believe that he as matured and realizes his mistakes will cost him millions, kinda like I believe Honey Badger has realized the same.

If I had to rank based off where they are right now purely as WRs??

1. DR
2. CP
3. JH

All three have the potential and athletic ability to be all pros though.

*Edit...... I do think JH was "cruising" this past season to avoid injury, a la Jamal Lewis, so he may just surprise everyone if he decides to REALLY turn it on.

A cruising WR makes a catch and goes out of bounds, with which I have no issues.

Hunter dropped the ball too much. Personally, I think he's done, a la TO in Dallas.

My pick is DR, he's just an overall amazing WR. He reminds me a lot of Dez Bryant, but he'll be better. Hunter is a good deep-threat, track type of guy, but he isn't an overall better WR than DR. He personally reminds me a lot of Justin Blackmon. CP is a freak athlete and like everyone else says, has the ability to make plays whenever he touches the ball. He'll be an outstanding ATH for any team and has the potential to be simply amazing.

DR will be a steal for any team. He'll be the best pro WR.

Not to rain on your Rogers lovefest, but there was no question at all that Hunter was the better and more productive receiver up until his torn ACL.

DR got doubled all year after JH went down and still had 1000 yards....DRs physical style of play, getting the tough yards opened up the big plays to hunter, which Hunter was phenomenal at before his junior season but DR has a better skill set for the NFL than hunter....JHs main problem is he can't beat the press because he isn't physical enough plus all the question marks about whether he will play scared
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A cruising WR makes a catch and goes out of bounds, with which I have no issues.

Hunter dropped the ball too much. Personally, I think he's done, a la TO in Dallas.

DR reminds of a faster Anquan Boldin
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hunter is Alvin Harper re-incarnated. He'd have had a great season last year had he not lost confidence from being injured. He'll have by far the best pro career of the three.

VN Store

Back