Who would you like to see on future Tennessee football schedules?

I know it has been mentioned before, but I forgot the answer. What ever happened to the idea of a UT vs VT game in Bristol?

Several people had Ga Tech in their list. Really? What's so intriguing about Ga Tech? Played them several times in the 80's, nothing special. Tech just another middle -tier school in ACC.

It appeals to Me because I've followed both teams all My life. I've been to both schools games a lot in the past(When I had GT season tickets and My Dad had Tennessee season tickets)

I know it has been mentioned before, but I forgot the answer. What ever happened to the idea of a UT vs VT game in Bristol?
Horrible idea. It might be good for TV, but not for the fans in the stands. The players would look about the size of chess pieces.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wisconsin-Camp Randle would be awesome to visit
Boise State-Blue Field plus our Orange....BRIGHT
TCU
Utah
Washington
Arizona State
Michigan State

Last edited:
1)USC - Trojans (not for any anti-Kiffinism, just to play and beat a big name program)
2)Virginia Tech (we owe them)
3)North Carolina (we owe them)
4)Texas (just to shut these snots up)
5)Penn State (always liked the idea of playing these guys)
6) OSU (just to shut these snots up)
7) Michigan (just to shut these snots up)

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to see us play the other team that is trying to win the National Title on that particular night

Reactions: 3 people
How about winning a few sec games first. After we get back to that:

1 - Michigan
2 - Oklahoma
3 - blohio state
4 - Miami
5 - USC
6 - Texas
7 - UCLA
8 - Notre Dame
9 - Nebraska
10 - FSU

my reasons are for historical relevancy and playing these historical programs would just be good for recruiting and college football in general. Michigan absolutely refuses to play us............

Reactions: 1 person
Clemson surprisingly no one ever mentions this school being on the schedule. Logistically very close. Has a great program and they put a beat down on the Vols in a Bowl game years back. A few others - Virgina Tech, I think there was once discussions of playing them in Bristol Speedway or it could have been UVA. West Virgina, Michigan, Syracuse and Purdue would be interesting to see.

Reactions: 2 people
USC.....and I hope Kiffin doesn't get fired before then. When we supposed to to play them like 2018?

I would love to see Tennessee play:

1)USC(I would love to see Tennessee kick Lame Kiffin's ass)
2)Georgia Tech
3)North Carolina
4)Texas
5)Penn State(Get revenge for the two bowl game beatings)

All of the above plus
1) Boise State
2) Clemson
3) Florida State
4) Any service academy, because it is an honor to play those folks, win or lose.
5) Any out of conference team that actually belongs to a conference that you know who is in it without going online. Someone the coach does not have to say on game week is up and coming. Someone that has people filling the bars on the strip to watch, because the freakin stadium is full.

Last edited:
We used to play GT every year. Not sure how that would go now. When a team isn't used to facing the triple option that's a tough offense to prepare
for. Remember the AF game in 06.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Of course, we used to play Georgia Tech every year. Because once upon a time they were in the SEC!

Of course, we used to play Georgia Tech every year. Because once upon a time they were in the SEC!

Used to be a big rivalry. Former GT Coach Bobby Dodd (Former UT halfback)would tell His teams that He made Neyland Stadium what it is Today(Back in the 50s-60s)

VN Store

Back