Who would you like to see on future Tennessee football schedules?

I hope kiffen is in the the sec next year. Vandy or possibly miss St.

Prediction: If Pat Haden fires Kiffin, he will be coaching high school ball. I may be wrong, but with all the bridge burning he has done, and all the violations he keeps getting caught in, I don't see any sane AD considering him. Knowing our luck, he will be replaced by Tee Martin.

Used to be a big rivalry. Former GT Coach Bobby Dodd (Former UT halfback)would tell His teams that He made Neyland Stadium what it is Today(Back in the 50s-60s)

Well, one could say he did, but not on his own. In his day, he was one of the bricks, and a very big one.

Previously, I would have said no, just because I don't even like being around ND folks. Now that they are FINALLY becoming part of a respected conference, why not? I know the bar owners would like that idea.

They're really no more a part of the ACC than they were the Big East, save they'll schedule 5 ACC each season.

Out of curiosity - for someone who knows the answer - does that include their already yearly games with Pitt and Boston College, or do those now become part of a rotation?

Vermont, Sandhurst, St Johns.

WHO? Do these schools even have a football program? We don't need to play teams that do not put butts in the seats. How do you get people there for those games? Promotions? How about free Grainger County Tomatoes night? Or something from Baseketball? I know you are joking, but pleeeease.

Road game to Air Force, Colorado or Colorado State, so I can go see them.

Maybe Miami to bolster up S. Florida recruiting and West Virginia would be a nice change up.

Revenge against VT, NC, KSU, Neb for dorked up bowl games.

Longhorns or Baylor. Washington or Washington St and why not Hawaii, some Big Orange fans might like to travel for that one. lol

WHO? Do these schools even have a football program? We don't need to play teams that do not put butts in the seats. How do you get people there for those games? Promotions? How about free Grainger County Tomatoes night? Or something from Baseketball? I know you are joking, but pleeeease.

Vermont D2,St John's non-scholarship D2 and Sandhurst is in England(Winston Churchill graduated from there,a Military school)

Several people had Ga Tech in their list. Really? What's so intriguing about Ga Tech? Played them several times in the 80's, nothing special. Tech just another middle -tier school in ACC.

They do reinforce our critical recruiting in GA.

South Central Louisiana State University. Let's take on Bobby Boucher and Farmer Fran.

We can do it! We can do it all night long!

I would love to see Tennessee play:

1)USC(I would love to see Tennessee kick Lame Kiffin's ass)
2)Georgia Tech
3)North Carolina
4)Texas
5)Penn State(Get revenge for the two bowl game beatings)

While we are at it, let's whip up on the Dallas Cowboys to get back at Dooley (the Bulldog in Blue Ticks fur)!

Yep,to become a national power again Tennessee needs to raid Georgia regularly like in the 1990s

I agree, back then Rodney Garner was leading the charge, maybe one day UT will learn to compensate deserving coaches in order to retain them. No one likes to feel undervalued.

I would love to see Tennessee play:

1)USC(I would love to see Tennessee kick Lame Kiffin's ass)
2)Georgia Tech
3)North Carolina
4)Texas
5)Penn State(Get revenge for the two bowl game beatings)

First I think we need to STOP playing I-AA games. Austin Peay this year and UTC next year is a joke. I know there are some small monetary gains from this as it pertains to the athletic department but my guess is that this can be circumvented with better scheduling.

*UT should play one of MTSU and Memphis each season, every other year on some sort of rotating basis. For example, MTSU at home every other year or a 3x1 where three games are played in Knoxville and one in Nashville (no way in the 'Boro) over a 5-6 year span. We should play Memphis in back-to-back seasons on a continuous, but rotating basis. This would mean we play the Tigers (home-and-home) four times every five years with the open year coming in year three.

*UT should play one OOC game on a home and away basis every year. I think these should be done systematically with a focus on giving UT a presence in a particular part of the country. I think where possible, series I will list these below.

*Mid-Atlantic: Focus schools should be those which produce competitive rivalries that of geographic interest in areas which serve as important recruiting grounds. In my mind these include UVA, U Maryland, UNC, NC St and Georgia Tech and Navy. I think of important note here is Georgia Tech because 1)there is a great historical precedence and most importantly 2) it gives UT a presence in the Atlanta area AWAY from UGA.

*Northeast: These should include Rutgers, Pitt, Syracuse, Army and UConn^. I use a "^" for UConn because I'm not sure they are relevant enough even though we are scheduled to play there in a few seasons. I think the most relevant of these is Rutgers and this is particularly true now that they are in the Big10.

*West coast: UCLA, Cal-Berkley, Oregon, USC. My sense is that we should really focus on reintroducing the historical series with UCLA with the aim of playing four times a decade. I also like the thought of playing Cal-Berkley, not so much USC or Oregon. I'm not qualifying which programs are better I just think Cal and UCLA offer more interesting matchups. Also, we should stay away from trying to play USC just because of that joker Kiffin--he may not be there much longer anyway.

*Notre Dame: We should play Notre Dame 4-6 times every two decades or so.

*Cupcakes: We have to play at least one of these a year but they should FBS schools not IAA/FCS schools. These are your Western KY, South Alabama's, MAC schools etc. Occasionally the AD could bump this up and play Houston, So Miss, Cincinnati or the like but, in reality, if the other schools mentioned above were rotated effectively there would be only an occasional need for this.

Last edited:
First I think we need to STOP playing I-AA games. Austin Peay this year and UTC next year is a joke. I know there are some small monetary gains from this as it pertains to the athletic department but my guess is that this can be circumvented with better scheduling.

*UT should play one of MTSU and Memphis each season, every other year on some sort of rotating basis. For example, MTSU at home every other year or a 3x1 where three games are played in Knoxville and one in Nashville (no way in the 'Boro) over a 5-6 year span. We should play Memphis in back-to-back seasons on a continuous, but rotating basis. This would mean we play the Tigers (home-and-home) four times every five years with the open year coming in year three.

*UT should play one OOC game on a home and away basis every year. I think these should be done systematically with a focus on giving UT a presence in a particular part of the country. I think where possible, series I will list these below.

*Mid-Atlantic: Focus schools should be those which produce competitive rivalries that of geographic interest in areas which serve as important recruiting grounds. In my mind these include UVA, U Maryland, UNC, NC St and Georgia Tech and Navy. I think of important note here is Georgia Tech because 1)there is a great historical precedence and most importantly 2) it gives UT a presence in the Atlanta area AWAY from UGA.

*Northeast: These should include Rutgers, Pitt, Syracuse, Army and UConn^. I use a "^" for UConn because I'm not sure they are relevant enough even though we are scheduled to play there in a few seasons. I think the most relevant of these is Rutgers and this is particularly true now that they are in the Big10.

*West coast: UCLA, Cal-Berkley, Oregon, USC. My sense is that we should really focus on reintroducing the historical series with UCLA with the aim of playing four times a decade. I also like the thought of playing Cal-Berkley, not so much USC or Oregon. I'm not qualifying which programs are better I just think Cal and UCLA offer more interesting matchups. Also, we should stay away from trying to play USC just because of that joker Kiffin--he may not be there much longer anyway.

*Cupcakes: We have to play at least one of these a year but they should FBS schools not IAA/FCS schools. These are your Western KY, South Alabama's, MAC schools etc. Occasionally the AD could bump this up and play Houston, So Miss, Cincinnati or the like but, in reality, if the other schools mentioned above were rotated effectively there would be only an occasional need for this.

Georgia State and East Carolina would be pair of reliable borderline cupcakes to play regularly

I was also thinking Appalachian St and Georgia Southern as both are going to the Sun Belt soon--I think...

Georgia State will be going to the Sunbelt also. The GSU message board folks think in a few seasons They'll be off to CUSA

VN Store

Back