Why is the GOP so afraid?

the baby boomers are so afraid of everything and they are desperately trying to control the world they will soon leave...they're afraid we will be over-run by immigrants, that we'll get destroyed by terrorism if we don't spend trillions now, etc....why don't they just leave it up to us gen xers and millennials?
lol!

You know what he said. I didn't say "all". He didn't say all. He said "When Mexico sends its people...they're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

It is a horribly bigoted statement, even after you go through mental gymnastics to try to validate it. No he doesn't think all Mexican immigrants are rapists, but at best you can argue that's not what he meant to imply.
I heard a contracted version of "there are rapists."

The baby boomers are so afraid of everything and they are desperately trying to control the world they will soon leave...they're afraid we will be over-run by immigrants, that we'll get destroyed by terrorism if we don't spend trillions now, etc....why don't they just leave it up to us Gen Xers and Millennials?

have you seen the Millennials? They post photos of their meals to instagram all day and still live with their parents. I'm fearful too

Reactions: 2 people
Can we please merge all of the threads this fool starts into the Trump Hysteria and Siliness thread?

Reactions: 5 people
have you seen the Millennials? They post photos of their meals to instagram all day and still live with their parents. I'm fearful too

OMG, not pictures of food! I guess that means the world will end.

I am a millennial. I do not live with my parents and not a single one of my friends lives with his/her parents. My wife and I both work in the tech industry. I compete with everybody in the world with an internet connection for my job. I am not afraid of immigrants. I am not afraid of cheap labor. I understand the economics of trade.

So what if I'm posting a picture of Kansas City ribs on instagram? I'd rather people spend their time on frivilous things than being busybodies trying to run everybody's lives.

Reactions: 3 people
Of course you did.

I'd be surprised to find any reputable source that quotes it that way.

Exact quotes, I'm assuming you'll consider it a reputable source.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

“I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/07/08/donald-trumps-false-comments-connecting-mexican-immigrants-and-crime/?utm_term=.8f3f3c7694fa

Of course you did.

I'd be surprised to find any reputable source that quotes it that way.
Okay, taking it your way of "they are rapists," to whom was Trump referring? He said something to the effect of ......when Mexico sends its people, it doesn't send its best. They are rapists, etc.

He is referring to the Mexicans that aren't its best people, not all Mexicans. Either way, I fail to see the problem because someone who isn't a rapist shouldn't care. I don't care if you call me a rapist because I'm not. Big f******g deal.

Reactions: 1 person
The baby boomers are so afraid of everything and they are desperately trying to control the world they will soon leave...they're afraid we will be over-run by immigrants, that we'll get destroyed by terrorism if we don't spend trillions now, etc....why don't they just leave it up to us Gen Xers and Millennials?

So what if I'm posting a picture of Kansas City ribs on instagram? I'd rather people spend their time on frivilous things than being busybodies trying to run everybody's lives.

Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what he said. I didn't say "all". He didn't say all. He said "When Mexico sends its people...they're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

It is a horribly bigoted statement, even after you go through mental gymnastics to try to validate it. No he doesn't think all Mexican immigrants are rapists, but at best you can argue that's not what he meant to imply.

So, when trump says that Mexico sends rapists as opposed to their best... and that there are good Mexicans (as opposed to the raping ones and criminal ones), you immediately think that he is making a bigoted statement about mexicans in general, as opposed to the criminal ones he was referencing?

That's your problem.

he's trying to equate that all GOP members are the same as Dylan Roof which is absurd

I was talking about the GOP supporter not members and their ignorance that leads to doing atrocities out of fear and hate. The Muslims have their own nutjobs and they are called terrorists.

OMG, not pictures of food! I guess that means the world will end.

I am a millennial. I do not live with my parents and not a single one of my friends lives with his/her parents. My wife and I both work in the tech industry. I compete with everybody in the world with an internet connection for my job. I am not afraid of immigrants. I am not afraid of cheap labor. I understand the economics of trade.

I was being sarcastic in my generalization about social media. Also, it should be noted that no one should photo Kansas City ribs over Memphis ribs.

The underlying theme of the present day GOP is cowardice. They're afraid of "the blacks," "the gays," "the Muslims," "the illegal immigrants," "men dressed as women" (i.e. transgender), and "women who want jobs intended for men."

I'd put money on it that the current leadership comes home, buries their face into pillow, crying and screaming, because it's not fair "they're ruining everything."

They are also afraid of the media and science. It's pitiful.

Reactions: 2 people
Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me guess.

You will use the recent SJW and anti-trump protests as a means to discredit his statement?

That's valid.

Remember, though, that the baby boomers had many protests of their own. Now, you will probably say that the baby boomers protested for a more "just" cause, and claim that the millennials are just whining, but consider the fact the War generation thought the same thing about the boomers.

Point being, every generation protests perceived slights against them.

Reactions: 3 people
Trigger Warning:

45363808_22d7310e47_o.jpg

VN Store

Back