Why is the GOP so afraid?

Okay, taking it your way of "they are rapists," to whom was Trump referring? He said something to the effect of ......when Mexico sends its people, it doesn't send its best. They are rapists, etc.

He is referring to the Mexicans that aren't its best people, not all Mexicans. Either way, I fail to see the problem because someone who isn't a rapist shouldn't care. I don't care if you call me a rapist because I'm not. Big f******g deal.

1972Grad is a rapist. That would make a great headline in the paper and plastered on the news. BS you wouldn't care.

1972Grad is a rapist. That would make a great headline in the paper and plastered on the news. BS you wouldn't care.
Did Trump name an individual? If someone said Tennesseans are rapists, I would agree that some are.

So, when trump says that Mexico sends rapists as opposed to their best... and that there are good Mexicans (as opposed to the raping ones and criminal ones), you immediately think that he is making a bigoted statement about mexicans in general, as opposed to the criminal ones he was referencing?

That's your problem.

The implication is that we have a lot of Mexican-American rapists. We don't really. Is the rate slightly higher than the American average? The data I have seen confirms that, but it's not enough of a difference to justify fear-mongering over it. Look at it this way...

"White people...they're racists, and some of them I'm sure are good people."

We cool with that from a presidential candidate?

Reactions: 2 people
I was talking about the GOP supporter not members and their ignorance that leads to doing atrocities out of fear and hate. The Muslims have their own nutjobs and they are called terrorists.

So Dylan Roof is a registered GOP supporter who committed his atrocities because of fear mongering by the GOP Party? Because the GOP Party supports the KKK and actually supports its members killing black people? Does that sum it up?

Thought experiment:

"________ dogs are vicious and should be put down. Now, my dogs are sweet, lovable and completely trustworthy. I've known lots of dogs that are good, lovable and trustworthy."

Show of hands... Who here thinks the missing word is "all"?

Who thinks it is "some" or some variation of the concept "some"?

Reactions: 1 person
If someone contracted "they are" and "there are" could you tell the difference?

Yes. The contraction they're is one syllable and the contraction there're is two syllables. It's fairly easy to tell the difference if somebody isn't mumbling.

The implication is that we have a lot of Mexican-American rapists. We don't really. Is the rate slightly higher than the American average? The data I have seen confirms that, but it's not enough of a difference to justify fear-mongering over it. Look at it this way...

I think the implication--except for those who previosuly wanted Trump to say something like this--is that criminals are crossing our borders from Mexico, and we should close the border.

Yes. The contraction they're is one syllable and the contraction there're is two syllables. It's fairly easy to tell the difference if somebody isn't mumbling.
I disagree, but how do you know that he wasn't mumbling? He isn't the best speaker, you know?

Is that an Obama quote?

How about the skinhead that shot up a mosque in Canada or the kid that killed a group in a black church.

And these events to you are the GOP? Dude, you have zero ability to place things in context. But keep trying...

So Dylan Roof is a registered GOP supporter who committed his atrocities because of fear mongering by the GOP Party? Because the GOP Party supports the KKK and actually supports its members killing black people? Does that sum it up?

No it does not sum it up.

You know what he said. I didn't say "all". He didn't say all. He said "When Mexico sends its people...they're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

It is a horribly bigoted statement, even after you go through mental gymnastics to try to validate it. No he doesn't think all Mexican immigrants are rapists, but at best you can argue that's not what he meant to imply.

Trump said Mexico sends is people... their rapists. You'd be surprised how one word changes everything.

So it's possible your panties are in a wad over enunciation?

No. Even if he said "there are", it's still insensitive and unjustified fear-mongering.

1972 is trying to save the day with a silly argument about enunciation and you are trying to act like my position is contingent on enunciation. FFS

Trump said Mexico sends is people... their rapists. You'd be surprised how one word changes everything.

Ohhhh...I get it. Just keep changing the words until we can justify it.

These gymnastics only go to show that you guys really do see the problem with what he actually said.

Reactions: 3 people
No. Even if he said "there are", it's still insensitive and unjustified fear-mongering.

1972 is trying to save the day with a silly argument about enunciation and you are trying to act like my position is contingent on enunciation. FFS
You're just mad because your guy got 12 votes, and had to go to the house early in the process.

Ohhhh...I get it. Just keep changing the words until we can justify it.

These gymnastics only go to show that you guys really do see the problem with what he actually said.

I do see a problem with what he said, he should have spoken more clearly. I do not see a problem with the context of what he said.

VN Store

Back