Why not Tulsi Gabbard

There is a reason she is a fellow at the Sanders Institute. And yes, that Sanders, the Bern. She makes Biden look like a Republican with her beliefs. VN has had a love affair with her for years, even though this board is overwhelmingly against damn near every policy she stands for.

Why are you a democrat? You seem like a sensible person. I get you're still in your 20's but clearly you have understand the difference between pragmatic policies vs non American capitalistic policy. You can be sensible and pragmatic, while understanding what makes America different and having survived and grown as a power for almost 250 years. It doesn't mean we will continue as a power if major blunders over time continue.

Reactions: AM64
She’s not as far gone as most of them. She’s more like a Cynthia McCkiney. Leans a little left of center, but probably a decent person.

Cynthia McKinney? The nutcase from Georgia? She is crazier than an entire mattress factory full of bed bugs. Compared to her, Tulsi Gabbard is more like Thomas Jefferson.

Reactions: volfanhill
Cynthia McKinney? The nutcase from Georgia? She is crazier than an entire mattress factory full of bed bugs. Compared to her, Tulsi Gabbard is more like Thomas Jefferson.
Tulsi is her own special kind of crazy regarding policy. I do believe she's one of the few who says what she believes. Her problem is most of her beliefs are crap

Tulsi is her own special kind of crazy regarding policy. I do believe she's one of the few who says what she believes. Her problem is most of her beliefs are crap

Not defending Tulsi's leftist views, but Cynthia is Major League All-Star Hall of Fame Cooperstown crazy. Comparatively, Tulsi is still playing T-ball.

Reactions: tbh

She does have some far left views overall, but she's kind of a paradox when it comes to some things. She does toe the party line on some things, then is centric and even practical on others. Take immigration for example. She's in favor of securing the borders, but also creating a pathway to citizenship for those already here. Dreamers using military service to earn an expedited pathway to citizenship? Not a bad idea overall. Even could sway some Republicans in with that kind of talk.

Anyway, she does have mixed political views and does tend to lean left quite heavily in some areas. But she's also practical on others. I do think she believes in some things like you said. But I also think she's practical in her views that a personal (or party driven) belief does not always make good policy and won't join the party line just because Pelosi told her too.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
You know how religious groups sometimes shun one of their members? This is what democrats have done to Tulsi. They have shunned her for speaking out against the religious group.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

VN Store

Back