Why Was JHurd PLaying Safety in the First Place?

I tried to call attention to it early. No one seemed to notice..

And I countered 3 times with this (and variations), and no one seemed to notice or respond, including you:

"No matter what JH was supposed to do in 2012, he ran for 3350 on 317 @ 11.9 ypc and 43 TDs. And the team went 15-0 and won the State. His play on D was minimal, with only 2 tackles and 2 int's the whole year. So a smart HC "fixes" it when it isn't broken by also starting his best player at Safety? Not a HC looking for a long career."

I live on the Las Vegas Strip in a $3,000,000 hi rise condo looking down at the Aria Hotel. I've forgotten more about college football than you know. I don't win all my bets (I said Florida would go 5-7 last year), but no one here can condescendingly lecture me, including you.

And I countered 3 times with this (and variations), and no one seemed to notice or respond, including you:

"No matter what JH was supposed to do in 2012, he ran for 3350 on 317 @ 11.9 ypc and 43 TDs. And the team went 15-0 and won the State. His play on D was minimal, with only 2 tackles and 2 int's the whole year. So a smart HC "fixes" it when it isn't broken by also starting his best player at Safety? Not a HC looking for a long career."

I live on the Las Vegas Strip in a $3,000,000 hi rise condo looking down at the Aria Hotel. I've forgotten more about college football than you know. I don't win all my bets (I said Florida would go 5-7 last year), but no one here can condescendingly lecture me, including you.

Maybe they didn't need him at safety much last year?

So you're saying you We're wrong about Florida last year? No way!? You were wrong??

Anddd...

Attachments

• tumblr_lvszqsun3p1qiw94jo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_lvszqsun3p1qiw94jo1_400.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
Hurd was never suppose to play RB in H.S. period. His coach put him there because he suspended Dorian Carter for the season. There is a reason Carter got the same yards with fewer carries, he's got talent as well, D1 talent at that. .

Gotta call BS on Dorian Carter.

Dorian Carter's (Hendersonville, TN) High School Football Stats

His numbers are no where near Hurd's. You said he was suspended last year. Must have been mid-season cos he ran 89 times for 573. His ypc in each of his 3 years is about 6.5. Hurd's was 11.9 in 2012, on 317 carries.

Carter looked pretty good vs SCamp and no doubt will show better with Hurd gone. But he's not a 5* FBS RB.

Last edited:
Maybe they didn't need him at safety much last year?

So you're saying you We're wrong about Florida last year? No way!? You were wrong??

Anddd...

Yes, I predicted that UF's offense would suck, which it did. Last in the SEC. I thought having a bad offense would directly effect their record. What a crazy theory, I know.

Yes, I predicted that UF's offense would suck, which it did. Last in the SEC. I thought having a bad offense would directly effect their record. What a crazy theory, I know.

And our really good offense did nothing for us. Defense wins championships. It seems like Hurd's coach knows that. :)

More chances for injury. More fatigue, making him less effective at RB.

He wasn't going to play S in college or the NFL. What was the Beech coach thinking?

I'm glad he's in the dock till UT can get a hold of him...and that it's not a knee.

You may be wise, but apparently you do not know anything about High School football. The best players usually play both ways.

I'm nearly 100% sure if Jalen didn't want to play safety, David Edmonds wouldn't play him there. Jalen is a team player. Nuff said.

More chances for injury. More fatigue, making him less effective at RB.

He wasn't going to play S in college or the NFL. What was the Beech coach thinking?

I'm glad he's in the dock till UT can get a hold of him...and that it's not a knee.

He was the starting safety before he was the starting running back, plus he is probably the best safety in the Country. In addition, he was playing running back when he was hurt. Stuff happens.

Seems unknown where he will play in college or NFL. This youngster is not through growing. Got to class him as Athelete

Beech softball kicked the best player off the team - FB uses a 5star RB on defense -- seems Beech coaches arent to bright

Does anyone know what shoulder he hurt? He is built like a QB and perhaps someone can give him a play book this Fall to study and CBJ can see if he can throw the ball come Spring practice. We know he can run, so if he could throw....

Just in NFL says whoever signs Hurd, please sit him for 3 years so he will not get hurt. Better safe than sorry.

I see the OP never played HS football particular in Tennessee we play both ways here.
Did you not see the other star on the field (malone) trying to tackle him too

VN Store

Back