Will the honeymoon be over

bigorange247

If bUTch loses to oregon this weekend? Most of Volnation has been onboard with bUTch since breathing life into the football program. Will it be over Saturday with a loss?

No, because Oregon is a very good team. It will be enough to play tough, physical football and hang with them. But there is a reason for their number 2 ranking, and there is no shame in losing to the Ducks.

If we do beat them... hooo boy this board will explode with national championship predictions.

Reactions: 10 people
Not for me.

I think Butch Jones is certainly going to get us back to respectability. SEC champions? I don't know about that yet, but I do think we're going to get back to looking at bowl games as automatic and not doing things like sweating games against the likes of Western Kentucky.

But it's not going to be this year and it's not going to be next year. That's okay. After the last five or six years, I've learned more about the virtues of patience. I'll wait. We've got the right guy IMO.

Reactions: 8 people
To the reasonable fan absolutely not. We know we have married a damn keeper!

most people kinda don't expect us to go to the #2 team in the nation's house and beat them with a whole new coaching staff and many new players/starters.

I would love for it to happen, but the odds are against us at this point, so most here can understand (not accept) a loss if that's what happens

Reactions: 1 person
I'd say no. But in reality, I think it depends on how we play. And if we lose, how does the team move on from the lose and play in the swamp the following week.

No because there will be an upset over FL, USCe, or UGA, and who knows if they play tough against Oregon and get some confidence then could be all 3 of the above! Any given sat anything can happen! BELIEVE IN THE VOLS!! GBO!!!

If it is,it's not a honeymoon, they had a one night fling. A honeymoon is the beginning of a lifelong commitment to each other, thru the good & bad

Reactions: 10 people
It won't be over if A. We don't give up... B. We play disciplined... and C. The QB situation shows signs of improvement

Reactions: 2 people
If bUTch loses to oregon this weekend? Most of Volnation has been onboard with bUTch since breathing life into the football program. Will it be over Saturday with a loss?

To some, it's already over cause he brought out a smokey grey uni, and he plays Worley at QB. Me, I know this is a multi-year deal to bring us back to respectability. I dream about upsets this season but I have hope for the future.
Seen too many seasons and know it's a major task in the SEC. Hope for the best but be realistic.

Last edited:
Probably. People will start calling him Dooley 2.0 and stuff. Of course it will only be the vocal minority.

Dude it's Oregon..they are having their short lived growth spurt and are decent now with Tennessee having the worst stretch in its history..Im pretty sure as long as they play them well the honeymoon lives on. Dooley would have lost to WKU.

probably not.

but UT is now embarking on 6 weeks of getting ground pounded. re-address the honeymoon around the end of october.

I hope it introduces more realism into this forum and less Kool-Aid drinking.

i just want to see a decent effort we lose by 21 or less its a moral win

VN Store

Back