Will the honeymoon be over

I ain't saying Tennesee is going to win but can we play the game first before people start automatically calling this a loss? Unless someone can predict the future, I'm not going to say what happens in the Oregon game. I have 100% faith in Coach Jones and we should still support him whether we win or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I have seen enough that I honestly would be happy with a 6 game win. Regardless of the outcome of this season I see plenty to be proud of. Hustle, discipline, effort, emotion,desire to win, are just a few things I am talking about. I love what our future looks like regardless of the w's and l's !!! Believe me, one brick at a time is what it is all about.

I tell you what I really liked about CBJ and Saturdays game...we had the ball on about our 40 in the first half and moving with the ball...on 2nd and 1 we try a long down field pass and missed then we failed to make the 3rd down and 1 and kick the ball away...I didnt feeel like at the time we should have chanced a pass on 2nd down, just go ahead and get the first down, keep the mo and try to sustain a long drive....Coach Jones said in his post game interview that wasnt the best thing to do in that situation...he was quite upset about it (especially considering we couldnt get get the 3rd down play)..now thats the way I want my HC to be...admit it afterwards and move on....

If bUTch loses to oregon this weekend? Most of Volnation has been onboard with bUTch since breathing life into the football program. Will it be over Saturday with a loss?

They're the #2 or #3 ranked team in the entire COUNTRY! We aren't even ranked in the top 25. How anyone can possibly be frustrated with CBJ for losing to them this year is beyond me. I just want to see us continue to play hard, play disciplined, and fight for 4 quarters. If we do that, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game.

Here's a fun one: predict the outcome of a UT-UVA game, if we played them tomorrow.

Let me just clear this up that someone's being an stupid A$$ and changed what I said because what you quoted is not what I had in my post!!!

I think that anyone with one functioning brain cell could tell that I changed your post.
Fify=fixed it for you.
Welcome to the Internet.

Sorry, but we are not going on a honeymoon, we are off to war instead.

We know where our program was, and Butch knew what he was walking into. I believe he gets us to the other side, but we will suffer some along the way.

From an offensive standpoint the first half of the game Saturday SUCKED ASS. You need to get off your crack wagon and realize that not everyone thinks that beating a halfassed DII school 52-20 is an awesome feat after having 84 total yards in the first half.

We have a defense that picks off the opposing team five times (actually six with the last one not being called) and people still say our defense sucks. Seven (plus one) total turnovers in the game which is pretty good if you are playing Bama or the Colorado School for the Blind. Sure our D needs work, but it's the most alive I've seen in several years and showed signs of improvement even in the week between APSU and WKU.

Sure we have an offense that didn't put it all in there in the first half. And it comes down to the coaching staff going in at halftime, getting in their ass, making the adjustments and we come out with a solid half on the offensive side which also gives our defense a chance to rest between sets.

When's the last time you saw our coaching staff making adjustments at halftime or not letting our team get down at the half? Had this team been under the tenure of Dooley you think the defense would have done what they did? You think the proper adjustments would have been made at the half to keep the lead and keep our team motivated for a strong finish? The past four years have been a nightmare from the coaching perspective and this breath of fresh air from victories over two minor programs (which nobody considers Petrino to be an inferior offensive coach) is welcome indeed.

So frankly, you need to get off your high horse with your catty comments and try to see the positives in what is going on.

Reactions: 2 people
Why all of this talk of expecting to lose? Right now our NC hopes are still alive! Heck, with our schedule a NC is probably possible with just 1 loss!! :)

If bUTch loses to oregon this weekend? Most of Volnation has been onboard with bUTch since breathing life into the football program. Will it be over Saturday with a loss?

It will be with the unrealistic fans that think because we're Tennessee, we should beat every team we play. Names and past teams don't mean anything when we put rosters on the field that don't match up with our opponents. For most of the fans, there is an understanding that Tennessee is going to have to rebuild this team to be competitive. That takes time and very good recruiting. I expect Tennessee to play hard and smart but, while I would love a win and will be cheering them on, I know we will need a lot of help from Oregon mistakes to win this game. I don't like the term moral victory, but I can get some satisfaction when I see improvement, even in a losing effort. Just trying to be realistic about the situation we're in.

I'm in with CBJ til "death do us part". To heck with a honeymoon. CBJ "gets it" done. GBO!

Watching Butch Jones Show.

"Tennessee Tough". "Strain and Sustain". "Finish". "Trust". "Disciplined Football." The Master of Cliché. And it seems that every word spoken is intended to teach. The "Style we play the game and Live our Lives". " We're going to be tougher and physical and that is going to be our trademark". And that is for the receivers. "Great teaching moments and opportunities". And then he smiles. "When you go on the road its nothing more than a business trip". He is getting a kick out of making our kids better players an better people. And the "Family" is loving again.

The players have bought in and so have many of us. When I listen to his message it inspires me to improve. In fact, I'm going to look for a new girlfriend tomorrow. JK.

Based on the Preseason The Defense has vastly improved, particularly with the detail to technique. The Offense is only inches away.

Coach Jones is not going anywhere. This is not a honeymoon. This is a mission for an amazing coach with focus and message. This team well improve and over achieve. The next challenge is Oregon and I assure this team will be ready.

Myself, I'm Jonesin for the season to begin. Ready to BBG me some Duck. But if not, I have chicken in the ice box. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It will be with the unrealistic fans that think because we're Tennessee, we should beat every team we play. Names and past teams don't mean anything when we put rosters on the field that don't match up with our opponents. For most of the fans, there is an understanding that Tennessee is going to have to rebuild this team to be competitive. That takes time and very good recruiting. I expect Tennessee to play hard and smart but, while I would love a win and will be cheering them on, I know we will need a lot of help from Oregon mistakes to win this game. I don't like the term moral victory, but I can get some satisfaction when I see improvement, even in a losing effort. Just trying to be realistic about the situation we're in.

+1 :hi:

I ain't saying Tennesee is going to win but can we play the game first before people start automatically calling this a loss? Unless someone can predict the future, I'm not going to say what happens in the Oregon game. I have 100% faith in Coach Jones and we should still support him whether we win or not.

You "get it". :eek:k: :good!: I'm with ya 100%.

I'm watching the replay of the Texas / BYU game. We should recruit more Mormons. Them dudes can play. That is if you prefer white meat.

Ok. Ok. I was just kidding. A Paula moment. Huh?

I want to see this fast pace offense i keep hearing about....all i see is us going to the line and getting the call like we always do...we need to speed it up...they will be tired by fourth quater

Anyone who is pissed at Butch Jones after we lose to Oregon needs a head check. Will I be pissed? Yes, but in no way at Butch Jones.

My honeymoon was over when I didn't get BLOWN out. I guess it will be the same when we play oregon. just sayin

Will the honeymoon be over

My honeymoon wasn't over with one little set back! This honeymoon will last a a good while....enjoy the effort!!!! I think we can hang for awhile with Oregon...and if you keep hanging....anything can happen!

VN Store

Back