Women's World Cup 2011

Losing to Ghana sucked ass

I just went from disappointed to enraged. F Ghana.

I don't know if you guys were watching much soccer in 2002, but the Germany loss is still far and away the most painful for me. I'm a big fan of the German national team and I almost always root for them when they aren't playing the USA now, but that loss still stings a little.

I don't know if you guys were watching much soccer in 2002, but the Germany loss is still far and away the most painful for me.

Agreed. But the 2010 team definitely had more press, so the Ghana loss may stick more in the national memory.

I don't know if you guys were watching much soccer in 2002, but the Germany loss is still far and away the most painful for me. I'm a big fan of the German national team and I almost always root for them when they aren't playing the USA now, but that loss still stings a little.

2002 was the first World Cup I watched, but I don't remember much about it, other than I was suddenly far more interested in watching it since it was the first since I had started playing the game. I do remember the stupid looking speed skating celebration put on by the Koreans after they scored on us.

Agreed. But the 2010 team definitely had more press, so the Ghana loss may stick more in the national memory.
No doubt about that. But as much as the Ghana lost sucked, it wasn't quite as heartbreaking. I was more frustrated with the idiocy on the early goals, and I was upset, but it was not like 2002 was for me. We outplayed Germany that day.

Last edited:
No doubt about that. But as much as the Ghana lost sucked, it wasn't quite as heartbreaking. I was more frustrated with the idiocy on the early goals, and I was upset, but it was not like 2002 was for me. We outplayed Germany that day.

Agreed on all counts.

I didn't witness the Germany game so, Ghana still sucks worse for me :)
You would have been extremely proud, but incredibly disappointed. In my opinion, we should have won that game and South Korea would have been the only thing standing between us and the World Cup final.

You would have been extremely proud, but incredibly disappointed. In my opinion, we should have won that game and South Korea would have been the only thing standing between us and the World Cup final.

Yep. The Germany game was a much tougher loss for me to take as well. Against Ghana we deserved to lose from the horrible early play.

Yep. The Germany game was a much tougher loss for me to take as well. Against Ghana we deserved to lose from the horrible early play.
Oliver Kahn had the best game of his Gold Ball winning tournament against us and Torsten Frings got away with a hand ball on the goal line. Just an incredibly sickening loss.

I have 2 comments about the game.

1) I am proud of our team.
2) First rule of soccer I learned when I was 6 years old was "do not center the ball in front of your own goal"

Hope solo is garbage. Allowing easy goals to Brazil, Sweden, and the japs. Thanks for the loss hope. Now you can go back to something you can actually be good at. Looking decent.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Clearly, you are not very educated with using the slang word for the Japanese. People like you are a disgrace to humanity. Why don't you crawl back in your hole where you came from?

Solo is nowhere near as good as people make her out to be. She is built perfectly for a goalkeeper but just is not very good positionally wise.

VN Store

Back